Related Games / The potential of RCT3!

• Fenix%s's Photo
    Not sure if this is where this goes but I figure this is where people will see it most, and I think its worth watching.

This is Fantasmic The Ride created by jmainaz. It is the coolest thing in RCT3 you will see so far. It's a video so you don't have to own the game.

Thanks to flmscor for bringing it to my attention.

Click here
  • Dixon Steele%s's Photo
    Holy shit, that was amazing.

It captured the feel and experience of the show perfectly.

Really great, everyone should download and enjoy.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo
    Wow! That was really cool. I only wish I had that much dedication to something (other than getting schoolwork done :(X ). Anyone who has access to a fast connection should definitely see this...it's amazing. Too bad the gameplay in RCT3 isn't as awesome.
  • Lucifer%s's Photo
    That was undoubtedly the scariest thing I have ever seen.

And undoubtedly one of the coolest.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    :OMG:

That was incredible... and I'm not even a fan of Disney.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Well, mixed feelings about this.

On one hand, the sheer amount of effort and synchronization is just AMAZING. And really, the pyros were superb. So many things done that I wasn't even aware off... the villains parts pulled off immaculately, the intro fanfare done perfectly...

And then, when he was off, he was REALLY off. Using really fast roller coaster portions during slow parts of the music... mixing the WDW version soundtrack with the DLR video (that's a huge mistake)... very little banked turns except for the end... he probably can't make a coaster for jack, but his dark ride portions are amazing!

Overally, very cool. I'd think, though, that if you're going to invest all that effort into such an undertaking, you'd get everything perfect, and ultimately, there were some glaring mistakes made.

Still, amazing job to this guy. He certainly earns my respect.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    My thoughts exactly cork just the effort though was amazing.
  • flmscor%s's Photo
    That's exactly how I feel Corky. It's just such an incredible, abstract idea, but amateurishly executed. I hated that he combined the two coasts' images/score, I hated a lot of other things too, that you mentioned, especially the fact that much of it seemed like a skecth or a "demo" to me. Like he just wanted to get through it and finish it later.

But I was totally willing to overlook all the flaws for amazing moments of brilliance like the pirate battle and the volcano finale, and the coaster re-building it's self, etc. That and the whole concept.

Just pure genius. Makes me think about so many other possibilities...

BUt I HAVE to finish RCT3 Disneyland. And then make countless adjustments and additions after the expansion comes out!
  • Fenix%s's Photo
    Yeah, I totally get what you guys are saying about the dissapointments. I was telling flmscor how the landscaping and theming really brings down the park, but that the pyros and the music really makes it great. It really is a ride full of amazing ideas but poor theming. Despite it's flaws I still think its one of the coolest things I've seen in RCT.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Well that ending was anti-climatic. I know that may not be his fault but it's still true. Another point in that there were a couple tunnels that seemed to go on for way too long. I found myself saying "My imagination doesn't have big blank zones in it!"

It was a bit sloppy and I can't imagine how painful that trick-track would really be with the plush vecoma otsr's and excellent engineering.

Some of it was so cool though... Like the siege. That was awasome.

ride6
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    :|''''

I cried. It was just so... Disney!
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo

mixing the WDW version soundtrack with the DLR video (that's a huge mistake)...

That really bothered me too. And everybody knows Fantasmic! Hollywood is the inferior show.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

And everybody knows Fantasmic! Hollywood is the inferior show.

Well... we do have the Peter Pan ship fight, which IMO is much superior to the Pocahontas scene.

And we have Kaa the original, not a crappy Jafar snake. :D

I cried. It was just so... Disney!

Well, if you mean "Disney" like how Matterhorn tosses you around and abuses you... then yeah. Cuz some of those unbanked turns and inversions... just lethal.

Well that ending was anti-climatic.

Well, the revitalization was cool, but the replay of the beginning, only in reverse, was kinda :meh: I think he was pretty tired by that point. :lol:

Still, the fact that we're nitpicking on these details proves that he did a fantastic overall job.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    yes, i've yet to see something this great over at say, NE...
  • Carl%s's Photo
    well i wouldnt dare criticise his movie making skills, cause theyre far beyond my own. but his coaster making skills ...... 8@
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    I didn't like it at all, honestly. It almost lost me in the prolonged fireworks display at the beginning. Contrary to what I expected from reading the feedback, the themeing was virtually non-existant... not very Disney at all. And the coaster itself............ well, I'll just leave it at that.

On the plus side, the pyrotechnics were used superbly, and as said before, the movie took some great skill. I hate being so critical of something that must have required so much such effort, but I have to truthfully say, I was bored out of my mind. Maybe it was the beauty and the beast song that threw me over the edge.....

It does however, give us a great idea of RCT3's potential. Just think if his RCT skills had matched his movie skills, how amazing this would have been.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    i loved it. I dont ever remember being emotionally affected by any other RCT ride.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    That wasn't a ride, it was an experience. Yeah there were lots of ways it could have been better, but it got so many things right that I can't help thinking it may be worth all the effort to make something in RCT3. It's not going to look as pristine as the graphics engine of the first two games, but I've tried to create a ride experience so many times in LL and it always feels lacking in the end. But I can see it in this game. When you can ride the rides, you can truly appreciate them the way they are meant to be appreciated. I've been imagining all this stuff in my head forever but maybe, just maybe, with RCT3 there could be a point where it doesn't have to be imagined anymore. Videos are the way to go though. When you can add in music and change the lighting to how you want it, then you can really tell a story. I'm just stunned. That was beautiful.
  • coasterfrk%s's Photo

That wasn't a ride, it was an experience. Yeah there were lots of ways it could have been better, but it got so many things right that I can't help thinking it may be worth all the effort to make something in RCT3. It's not going to look as pristine as the graphics engine of the first two games, but I've tried to create a ride experience so many times in LL and it always feels lacking in the end. But I can see it in this game. When you can ride the rides, you can truly appreciate them the way they are meant to be appreciated. I've been imagining all this stuff in my head forever but maybe, just maybe, with RCT3 there could be a point where it doesn't have to be imagined anymore. Videos are the way to go though. When you can add in music and change the lighting to how you want it, then you can really tell a story. I'm just stunned. That was beautiful.

You captured my thoughts exactly. Sometimes people can be so stuck in one perspective that they can't appreciate the beauty of something from another perspective. I never thought the ride itself was amazing...I just thought the effort and timing of effects were superb.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading