Theme Park Discussion / Bolliger&Malibard mega coaster at SFOG 06

wut u think???

• troy%s's Photo
    heres the picture, its gonna be exactly 200ft tall.

http://www.rcdb.com/...ia/goliath1.jpg
  • iBrent%s's Photo
    Wow, i've only seen two posts by you and i'm annoyed like none other...

Link doesn't work. Stop trying to be funny.

Here's a working link...

http://www.rcdb.com/...0.htm?picture=1

Looks alright, prolly the best part will be the hump right before you dive into the helix, other than that it's a boring layout.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    gonna be like flying on air.
  • troy%s's Photo

Wow, i've only seen two posts by you and i'm annoyed like none other...

Link doesn't work. Stop trying to be funny.

Here's a working link...

http://www.rcdb.com/...0.htm?picture=1

Looks alright, prolly the best part will be the hump right before you dive into the helix, other than that it's a boring layout.

rofl if you're annoyed then dont read it retard....simple as that. stfu thx
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Looks like a good ride in itself, but it totally seems to overpower Medusa (i think that ride is medusa anyways, i dont know SF)

Metro B)
  • Steve%s's Photo

:lol: :lol:
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

:lol:  :lol:

don't encourage the retard.
  • iGNiTED%s's Photo
    :birthday:
  • gir%s's Photo

Looks like a good ride in itself, but it totally seems to overpower Medusa (i think that ride is medusa anyways, i dont know SF)

Metro B)

That's Georgia Scorcher...it's a tiny stand-up, probably as tall as Batman.. :p Anyway, this is looks like a good reason to go to SFOG in the coming years.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

heres the picture, its gonna be exactly 200ft tall.

http://www.rcdb.com/...ia/goliath1.jpg

itz gonna b gay
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo

lol u stfu plz kthx

rofl

EDIT: also, why not just write B&M. are you trying to sound smart by typing out bollinger and mabillard.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    B&M should stay with ground pounders and their sexy compact layouts. Let Giovanola deal with this type of coaster (i.e. Titan and Goliath; and yes i realize Gio went out of business, but still).

Although, for a hyper, it doesn't look too unoriginal. Just kinda 'there', I guess.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I wish SFMM had a hyper like that instead of Goliath, even though there's nothing special about the layout. The helix doesn't do much for me. It's all about the drops.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo

lol u stfu plz kthx

rofl

EDIT: also, why not just write B&M.  are you trying to sound smart by typing out bollinger and mabillard.

That's right. It's Mabillard, not Malibard, stupid! We've got a new Kumba here!
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Looks like it might be fun, but nothing I'd travel to Georgia to ride, which I was hoping it would be. I mean, "We're building the world's smallest B&M hyper-coaster!", isn't much of a selling point, is it? Not when I have a taller, faster, and more unique, B&M ride about 5 minutes away (although Sheikra is pretty boring once you get used to it...)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I might come down for it since my Aunt and Uncle live in Georgia, hell I could hit Holiday World on the way to or back and get in the Voyage as well. Then all I'll need is a quick trip over to the Dells :D.

Basically if I get the opportunity I look forward to riding it, if I don't that's a crying shame but that's life.

ride6
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    Looks pretty fun. The layout looks kind of like a Morgan, but without the back pain. Generally though, I haven't heard such great things about B&M hypers. I've only been on one once, and I wasn't terribly impressed. But I would like to try again.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I rode Raging Bull quite a lot and I think it's an amazing ride. If the brakes were gone I'm convinced that it would be my #1. It's layout is brillent and the first drop on it is the best I've ever felt. Better than Millennium Force, easy. It pulls harder (in the back) and there's a tunnel down there that looks like only the middle two people (in the four across cars) will fit with their heads attached. It's pure joy.

This doesn't have a block section either, which is helpful because then Six Flags won't be temped to use those brakes.

ride6
  • gir%s's Photo
    ^ It still could have trim brakes. :(X

The only B&M hyper I've been on is Apollo's Chariot, which is uh, amazing. I also haven't heard anything bad about Nitro. Only other hyper I've been on is Goliath at SFMM, which sucks in my opinion.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    Personally, I think this may come close to Nitro if they don't trim it much. The layout looks incredible. High speed turn, Cool turnaround, overbank, and maybe 8 points of airtime. I guess it does help being my home park... but this a very exciting coaster. I've done Apollo's Chariot as well, and this looks a lot better. Hopefully I'll be right.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading