H2H4 / Name Your Team Forum Topics with Care

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    As Kumba (surprise surprise) discovered, if you click on someone's profile, you can still see what topic they're looking at. Thus, if you click on a H2H team member's profile as he's looking at a topic in his or her team forum, you can see what topic that is, even though the Team Forums are password protected.

It's best if you rename your topic TITLES to something vague or coded, or something that won't reveal anything important.

I'm gonna see how to fix this, but I think it might require actual reprogramming of code. i.e. something Hobbes or Adix might be able to fix, but definitely not me or Iris. In the mean time, don't put who's working on a certain week's park in the TITLE. Subtitles are okay. As far as I know, in user profiles, you can only see the name of the topic, and not it's subtitle.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Yes, that's exactly the situation. ^

Ride6

ps- Took you guys long enough to inform everyone about the issue.

Ride6
  • Emergo%s's Photo

Yes, that's exactly the situation.  ^

Ride6

ps- Took you guys long enough to inform everyone about the issue.

Ride6

View Post

If you mean you knew this already, but did not tell the others, then I can only say:
    ^ Very good sport you are,.....not to tell the others earlier then.........

(if you did not mean this, then consider it as not written, please)

Think I am going to understand the 2 bedrooms of last year now.......

Emergo
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    ^^ Woulda been nice for someone to PM or IM me about this, ride6. :p
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Hey I posted about this June 4th in the staff forum, I just assumed nothing could be done or no-one cared, untill I found out tonight management did not seem to know.

Anyways teams are safe if they use names with very little info, I have had some fun editing my teams ;)

Bad news is a good deal of stuff may have been discoverd, I am not the only one who knew about this, tho I really did not find out that much.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    So how about everybody playing just signs in as an anonymous user? That could provide for a temporary solution to the problem.

Edited by Ge-Ride, 16 June 2006 - 12:23 AM.

• Emergo%s's Photo

Hey I posted about this June 4th in the staff forum, I just assumed nothing could be done or no-one cared, untill I found out tonight management did not seem to know.

Anyways teams are safe if they use names with very little info, I have had some fun editing my teams ;)

Bad news is a good deal of stuff may have been discoverd, I am not the only one who knew about this, tho I really did not find out that much.

View Post

No idea what you consider "not much", but imo "anything you found out is far too much....especially in your hands :p
    Anything others found out also is too much

Very good example of "Fair contests on NE" (if ever such a thing existed anyway..?) existed........Bravo!

I am really pissed about this whole thing!!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    It doesn't matter that much, only Kumba is going to spend day and night looking to see what topics wme is looking at to get our roster. If it wouldn't be such a big upset i'd give him the entire roster right now for his pity.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I'll have a gander at the code later on today.
    For now, I have to go out to volunteer at an animal shelter.

As they say "cheaters never prosper." :p
  • ekimmel%s's Photo
    Eh, whatever. Is it really that much of an advantage? As I said in the team forum -- you still have to make the best parks possible regardless of how much you know about who you're up against or what the theme of their park is.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    The parks should speak for themselves, regardless of naming. Anywho, our parks have been masked away from all the h2h trolls, who shall remain nameless.
  • Akasha%s's Photo
    What can you possibly get out of topic names ? :p Images tell much more. I like what you have going for week 4 Jkay :) .

Edited by Akasha, 16 June 2006 - 09:13 AM.

• Kumba%s's Photo

What can you possibly get out of topic names ? :p Images tell much more. I like what you have going for week 4 Jkay :) .

View Post

Hey I go vs him week 4, so you need to show me anything you found acording to one of the H2H rules you probabply will not be able to find in the rules topic ;)
  • riven3d%s's Photo
    get read of the forum passwords and make permission mask for each team, then only that team can see their team forum, when viewing profile after that it will just show them as viewing the board index.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    what if we did both? would that help? (asking riven and anyone else who's familiar with how forums work)
  • JJ%s's Photo
    what would be the point in password if only the team members can see the forums due to permissions. It's not hard Corkscrewed :(
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    riven's way might be easier than editing the actual code of the board.
    and most likely more easily reversible.

Do you know how to do this Cork, or should I?
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I know how, but I prolly won't have time till when I get home.

You can do it if you want, but just let me know that you do, and make sure you get the rosters right. :D
  • posix%s's Photo
    man this is ridiculous.
    why can't you just play and have a good time?
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    geez, we have way too many permission masks.
    I thought this would be an easy task, but we've got about 10 masks too many. Corky, I've set up all the permissions for each group. Just add the members to their appropriate groups. Make sure you add it to their secondary member group, or they'll only be able to view their team's forum.

Sorry to put this on you, but I've got to go out to work... :(

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading