Micro Madness / One more round?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    Well I must admit I have not even started an entry and as far as I know Cam, Jon and Ryan have all stated that they would not mind being knocked out so they can move on to other things.

So my idea is we all make one more entry and whoever wins twice with it wins MM. So say I do mine and it gets voted on vs. Cam and then Ryan vs. Jon. Winners face each other with the same entry and voting is re-done for the championship, plus people have more time to think about what they want to vote for.

Also after some talk by the MM judges the final 4 will be judge by public NE voting :)

Oh and the deadline for this last entry will be the March 31st Championship deadline so we'd all have well over a month.

So what do you guys think? One for all the marbles?
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo
    If it will get some really good entries then go for it. Sounds fine to me.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Because it will decrease the chance that there will be unfinished entries in the last round such as there was last round (not blaming anyone, it happens). So then we can make sure the contest ends with the best entries possible. And it makes it seem more like a Final Four.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I like the later deadline. I just need spring break though, and since that's in just over a week it's not really a problem anyway.

Ride6
  • Milo%s's Photo
    probably for the best...
  • Steve%s's Photo
    PUBLIC VOTING SAVES LIVES.
  • Ge-Ride%s's Photo
    As much as I can understand the idea of one last round for the sake of the contestants, I'd prefer that the contest continue as it normally would. I could understand some extended deadlines, but there needs to be some accountability from the contestants who entered this contest intending to get as far as possible.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Ya know... I would have made the deadline even with the next three weeks of overtime if I had advanced... :p
  • Levis%s's Photo
    sounds good
  • Lloyd%s's Photo
    Yeah seems fair enough. Public voting's a good idea too.
  • K0NG%s's Photo

I know I'm about as relevant here as whether or not the bloody mass of fur and intestine that was once someone's beloved pet and is now strewn across two lanes of highway was wearing a flea collar with a name tag but, since I HAVE been following this since it's inception I thought I'd offer my opinion on this.

Since you're thinking about having just one more entry from each of the final four here......maybe you could just have a true '4 for all' and pit all four against each other in one final match. Instead of drawing it out for two 'rounds'. Having the voting public would ALMOST eliminate the chances of a tie and, even if there were a tie....you could just have another round of voting. The two 'finalists' in this scenario would have matched up against each other ANYWAY, so it would just save time and would also keep all of the inevitable bitching, pissing and moaning about the outcome in one thread instead of spreading it out in three separate threads.

Just my two cents.

Posted Image

Edited by K0NG, 15 February 2008 - 03:51 PM.

• Evil WME%s's Photo
    Welcome to posting on our forums then, kong.

I agree fully. It makes no sense to vote on the same parks twice. (I doubt many people will, even.)
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    This really should just be up to the final 4 to decide since it affects them more than any of us.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Woops double post.

Edited by JJ, 15 February 2008 - 06:00 PM.

• JJ%s's Photo
    MMm i believe Kong's signature has made everyone's posts bold :p

But I do agree with him though. Makes a great point :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Any of you guys watch this whole thing with the US nominating people from each party to run for president in November? Look what happened to the GOP coz they had 4 people rather then two...

Na, not at NE please. IMO it is better to first narrow it to two and my way we know who one each match as if 6 entries were made rather then the 4 my plan calls for.

And yes the 4 of us left in the contest have the biggest say. Former MM judges are also high up.

And nice to see you finally post K0NG. I still want to see your RR Championship entry :p
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    So, Kumba, you're saying that everyone who was involved in the MM gets one more shot at the title? In that case, I think I can do one last dance... :woot:
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

So, Kumba, you're saying that everyone who was involved in the MM gets one more shot at the title? In that case, I think I can do one last dance... :woot:

Shut up Xin! :mantis:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Tell you what Xin, you did beat RRP, a #1 seed, so just send something in for the championships and I will see to it that I don't ignore the submission and rightfully put you in with the Final 4 :) [/sarcasm
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Lawl.

I have no idea how Xin got from Kumbas post that hes magically back in MM. :drool: But a consolation round after the finals for those who got eliminated and still want to make something might be interesting.

But yeah, four in one round or two in two rounds doesnt really matter to me. Except that it kind of kills the bracket thing thats been going the whole time.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading