Contests / The Next Contest

• FullMetal%s's Photo
    CP6 said it was okay to start a topic to discuss the next contest. In fact, the admins might even use this in their decision making process. This topic is completely unofficial, though. This is just eager speculation.

Personally I'd like to see one of these contests next:

-Quest For The Best 2
    -Micro Madness 2
    -H2H Season 5

Any other ideas?

Edited by Xin, 31 August 2008 - 08:01 PM.

• Gwazi%s's Photo
    I want another H2H. I might actually be able to be in it, then.
  • JJ%s's Photo
    Next contest should be next year.
  • zodiac%s's Photo

I want another H2H. I might actually be able to be in it, then.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo
    Yeah I would like to see another H2H, although it would have to be done completely differently. There were already problems with deadlines in the previous one, and activity has gone down even more since then probably.

Maybe farther spaced deadlines, larger teams, more people working on individual parks, and possibly some kind of incentive such as replacing those who cant finish a park with a more active member.

A good idea might be to have some time between the official announcement and contest in order to allow for people to determine if they can participate, and to build hype and hopefully participation.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    lol if Ed couldn't even win in the last one with LL then I have no desire to participate in any kind of H2H... that's just me though. Although honestly I dont' think any type of contest like H2H would work these days... unless it was turned into an entirely new structure and then it might as well be a totally different contest.

I don't even really care as I don't see contests possibly being that great any more after the last couple.

If anything another Hi Rollers or something... maybe a duo/group park Hi Rollers.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    hypocritically speaking, people could just get off their lazy asses and finish something larger than a design and we'd be set for something like H2H
  • FullMetal%s's Photo
    Large parks take more time to complete, whereas Designs take a couple months. I'm fine with Designs because they keep getting released. It's not like we have to wait 6 months for a new Spotlight (if that).

MM2 would make a nice side competition, I think. Start in November, end in March. The first MM had a good turnout, so I'm sure the second one would be just as good. And micros only take a few hours, so they won't really take time away from people's solos.

QFTB2 or H2H Season 5 would be better suited for next summer when people have more time.
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    i would def. like to see QFTB or another season of H2H.
    but who am i kidding the only thing i could prob. enter in would be QFTB.
  • nin%s's Photo
    QFTB2.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    i dont think H2H would work much, because parks take longer to make then they used to. i think it would produce a horrible outcome for the weekly parks. id like a H2H, i just dont think it would function well

MM would be fun, but eventually your going to end up with alot of the same. there is only so much amazing freshness you can get from a tiny park, IMO

FK
  • MF72 %s's Photo
    Eh, I would like to see another H2H. They're fun to watch, but the only way I would get in, is if it had RCT3. :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Id love to see a adjusted version of H2H with smaller maps allow and maybe fewer matches. H2H gets my vote because I love building a team.

MM2... na too soon for that imo.

QFTB2? Thats pretty much MM, just bigger... would not work imo...

Let's not rule out a more simple kinda contest like a second blockbuster challenge or something.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    actually a QFTB-X2 would be nice as well
  • egg_head%s's Photo
    H2H on Smaller Maps. 40² or something. Something that can be finished with a high level of detail in not much time. Maybe also less teams.

I would join.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    I call being on Kumba's team.
  • Gwazi%s's Photo
    only if kumba wants you zo
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I have multiple ideas that are perfect for h2h sized maps and are completely kickass, if I do say so myself. 45x45 is my bench of choice atm. It might be a little tight if you want two or more major rides, though. I agree that something like this should wait till the summer, though. For during the school year keep it relatively small.

ideas-
    some sort of micro event, not necessarily even a contest, doesn't need to be as elaborate as MMM. Maybe just one massive round with judges determining finalists and popular vote determining winner? Micro Idol? NE's Got Talent?
    or perhaps a "Monthly Micro" event with a small panel every month (should probably be rotating/not revealed until afterwards so as to prevent favoritism and playing to particular judges). Could have requirements if you wanted, and being micros they could be somewhat ridiculous; this month must be a trio micro, this month must involve robots, this month must have at least three levels.

ridiculous hybrid idea- "Pentathalon"?
    Teams of two, maybe eight-nine or so, participate in five 'events', varying between large and small projects/time requirements- i.e. "inverted design," "water ride," "adventure ride," "45x45 park," "micro," etc., with the adventure ride and 45x45 park ones obviously taking longer and with larger map area to cover. Only a small chunk of the teams participate in any given event at one time- if there are nine teams, then teams 1-2-3 will be doing one event while teams 4-5-6 are doing a second event and teams 7-8-9 are doing a third. Teams will not be in the same sub-group all the time; that is, if 1-2-3 are doing a larger project, 4-5-6-7-8-9 will finish their events and wait for 1-2-3 to be done (automatically inserting some dead time in the contest for real-life stuff if need be) and the next round would be 1-5-7|2-9-8|3-4-6 or whatever. events could be repeated, but since we'd be trying to keep it small most events should be coaster design rounds, and with plenty of coaster types I don't think it'd be an issue. Teams would get points equal to whatever place they got in that round, with lowest score at the end winning. This scoring model would keep things relatively competitive, meaning much more actual stuff could be produced as opposed to the majority of people getting out in one round. The teams of two should be people that will be able to finish the entire contest, regardless of how good they are. I'd rather see a full-out competitive contest with few to no "N/A" rounds. Similar to H2H most rounds would be required duos, with a single "1-man" round optional. It would be a good warm-up for duo building for a full H2H later.

Edited by ][ntamin22, 01 September 2008 - 12:19 PM.

• nin%s's Photo

like a second blockbuster challenge

yes.
    I'd like to do that.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    hi-rollers ftw.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading