Theme Park Discussion / Whats Your Favourite Ride/Coaster Designing/Building Company?

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    As asked in the topic name, whats your favourite company?

Mine is Maurer Sohne, they make spectacular rides.
    mainly the X Car coasters and their numerous sub-catagories.

Whats yours?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Maurer Sohne? Spectacular rides? X Cars?

:p

I dont really have a favourite, each manufacturer seems to have a particular feature to them that makes them great.
  • nin%s's Photo
    Arrow.
  • DelLagos%s's Photo
    Vekoma

Most people hate those coaster because they hurt, I love them except of Booster Bike! ^^
  • Nokia%s's Photo
    premeir.
  • Xcoaster%s's Photo
    I'm fond of Mack.

After that, CCI (RIP, now S&S but not doing much), Arrow (RIP, also now S&S), Intamin (maybe not the best from an engineering standpoint, but they've probably succeeded Arrow as the most innovative and popular company), GCII (they make excellent coasters, but they seem to lack variety), and B&M (see GCII). The Gravity Group might be a worthy successor to CCI, but I think I've only been on a couple of their coasters. S&S would probably be my favorite company but they don't get to build very much.
  • geewhzz%s's Photo
    Intamin AG. No question about it.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    see username.

the variety and quality is awesome. my only real complaint is the shortage of large-scale inverts or beemer-style megaloopers.

Edited by ][ntamin22, 07 April 2009 - 08:18 PM.

• Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Really? I'm the first to go with B&M?

Kevin Enns Ist Krieg
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^Whilst B&M offers high quality, smooth, flowing rides, they arent all that unique and whilst they give a damn good ride (Dragon Khan is my #1) they just arent as innovative as other companies at the moment.

I'm mainly fond of Mack, Gerstlauer & GCII.

I am also fond of Intamin & B&M as well as others, but Mack, Gerstlauer & GCII just seem to have a fantastic charm about them which the likes of Intamin, B&M, Vekoma just dont seem to have.
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    GCII!
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    GCI; Gerstlauer; B&M, Intamin

I've many favourites =P
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Tie between B&M and Intamin.
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Intamin AG, four of my top ten coasters are Intamin, and three of them are in my top three.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I've always been fond of Arrow...I like to get thrown around a bit I guess.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    CCI, now Gravity Group (S&S may have some of the top people from CCI, but the engineering team from CCI is Gravity Group) probably... Intamin, and B&M in steel land probably. Primer deserves about ten times the credit they get, given how smooth their rides are, their overbanked turns (before Intamin there), their loopers with lapbards, and everything.

Ride6
  • RRP%s's Photo
    schwarzkopf
  • Timothy Cross%s's Photo
    i like motherfukn dark rides. So i'll be a dork and just say DISNEY. Coasters are okay, but what is there to think about? OP! HERE COMES THE LOOP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A DOUBLE CORKSCREW?! I HOPE I DON'T POOP MY PANTS!

Anyways, i think this post will anger some, but this is just my opinion, take it as such. And IMO themeing, atmosphere and story telling is far more immersing and enjoyable... TO ME, anyways. Okay... back to geezing off from coaster talk...
  • Goliath123%s's Photo
    Its about the airtime or "floater"

B&M for me though.
  • posix%s's Photo
    S&S
    and i have a thing for Morgan.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading