Music Forum / Green Day

• Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    It doesn't help that my local radio station plays their songs on a continuous loop, but their new music especially makes me want to stab someone. Anyone else feel this way about them? Or am I alone in my misery?

Discuss.
  • Comet%s's Photo
    I'd put them on par with the Jonas Brothers
  • Luketh%s's Photo
    Oh come on, have either of you LISTENED to the whole new album? They're great, they just have two songs, Know Your Enemy, and 21 Guns, that are WAY overplayed and.. just not good.

The rest of the album is great, I don't know why the radio always seems to overplay the two worst songs of any album.
  • zodiac%s's Photo
    i listened.

then i immediately deleted from my library.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    \m/ Green Day \m/

:batman:
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I don't care what you assholes say but I think American Idiot is leaps and bounds better than their first couple albums.
  • Kevin Enns%s's Photo
    Always hated them.

Always will.

lol me and MA are agreeing.
  • tracidEdge%s's Photo
    no, no one likes green day
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    I actually like American Idiot. Not had time to listen to 21st Century Breakdown much but from what I heard its not too bad.
    I dont give a crap if they have so called "Sold Out".

That's just a phrase fans use when they dont like any new direction in the styles of music a band makes. it happens time and time again when a band suddenly has some hits. Kings of Leons most recent album springs to mind as an apparent "sell out" album.

In my opinion Green Day may never better dookie, Goo Goo Dolls will probably never better Superstar Carwash and Idlewild are unlikely to record a better record than 100 broken Windows but they are all still good bands and I still look forwards to each new release.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    i much prefer green day pre-american idiot.
    basket case, waiting and redundant are just afew fantastic songs by them.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Personally, I can't see far enough past their political agenda to like them. It seems like they are complaining about SOMETHING in every song and it's just annoying to me. [/rant]
  • ACEfanatic02%s's Photo

Personally, I can't see far enough past their political agenda to like them. It seems like they are complaining about SOMETHING in every song and it's just annoying to me. [/rant]

This Just In: Punk bands with a political agenda! Full story at 11.

Dookie was good. American Idiot had some good songs. Haven't listened to the new album yet, because I don't care enough and have better music to get.

-ACE
  • bl665%s's Photo
    Listen haha Greeday is WAY WAY WAY played out lol ... Just think about it if you were them would you want your songs to be played everyday 1000 times .. considering each time it plays they make 50 bucks ... 50x1000 ???? lol

Do you think they care if you want to stab everyone ??? hell no

i Say just cool and make some new music .. then get the radio to play that shit for fifty bucks a play !!!! :D
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

This Just In: Punk bands with a political agenda! Full story at 11.

But most know when to stop. By either breaking up or singing about something else (The Thermals would be a good example).
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    ^Exactly.
  • gir%s's Photo
    I guess I listened to Green Day in middle school and shit, but I've since grown up and find no need for them.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Green Day is fine; nothing particularly special to warrant their level of stardom or anything but I don't think they really "sold out". With American Idiot they just made a more ambitious pop-punk/power pop/rock album than they had made before. Thanks to large scale marketing, and the fact that everyone (even all of us music snobs) liked the record immediately, the general listening public and radio circuit began what I like to call "beating the good out of it": if everyone agrees that it's good, then play the shit out of it!

So we're all exhausted by it now... but I don't feel like that's their fault. I also can't really blame them for continuing in a similar vein for the new record given that they're still the same three (well four or five or whatever the fuck it is) guys playing music together.

Basically I have no issue with them and will defend them to anyone who does, but I never actively listened to Green Day, and probably never will.

Ride6
  • Jazz%s's Photo
    Green Day sucks.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    I completely read over that 'political agenda' part: they don't have one.

They're going to complain about whatever hot button issue is big, becuase kids love that shit. First it's 'I hate Bush' now it's 'I don't trust Obama'. Actually, I haven't listened to more than two songs off the album, so I might be wrong, but that seems to be the case.

Edited by Dr_Dude, 18 September 2009 - 06:02 PM.

• bl665%s's Photo

Green Day sucks.

HaHAHAHAHAHAHAH !!!

Anyways DrDude where do you get The Obama thing from with Greenday ?? I dont really know the lyrics to there new songs but who knows :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading