Custom Scenery Exchange / Does anyone

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Know the datfile for the colour fountain and the 1k rapids ?
    Anybody ?
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    RCT2DatPreview is your friend. Should take less than 5 min to find out.
    Where can i get this datpreview ?
  • RCTMASTA%s's Photo
    This attachment from one of dmaxsba's posts at TPR should do the trick.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Use Parkdat, it's much quicker. Open a savegame that has those objects (sure you can think of one, because you know the objects from somewhere) and look for the object. Write down the datname, open your own savegame and import them. So easy!
    I must be doing something wrong it isn't working :X See at the top where it says rct2 park(sv6) Do i put the park i want it to go to in there ?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Hit '...', find the park, then hit 'open'.
    Done that :) the park i want to put it in ?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Not sure what you mean. Can you be a little more specific with your questions?
    Im saying do i add coyote in there and then in output just add the objects and then save it and they should be in my park ?
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Yeah, open Coyote. If you have empty slots, click 'Add' to add your object (you need to know the .dat name, hence this topic, right?). If you don't have any empty object slots, find an object you haven't used yet (otherwise marked with an X) and most likely won't use in the future, and click 'Replace selected'. Select your object and it's swapped! Then save your savegame.
    There we go thats it sorted cheers man, I know what to do now for the future :D
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Once again I'm going to suggest using a combination of DatChecker and ParkDat. DatChecker will list each and every object in your Objdata folder (with 'previews' of every image associated with them) in whatever order you desire...by .dat name, alphabetically, by in-game name, etc. This makes it much easier to use ParkDat more efficiently.

Maybe I'll do a short tutorial on how to use them together because I'm still amazed at how many issues people have with importing/replacing objects in their projects. Anyone can add/remove/replace objects in less than 2 minutes using this method. Including the time it takes for the programs to open.
    At first i was wondering what i was doing wrong but now that i know how to do it .. it is simple :) cheers anyway kong.

Yeah you should make a tutorial and then noobs like me wont need to bother people to help us lol.
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    ^^How do you get datchecker to list by in-game name?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^I believe its in one of the menu options along the top. But I just stick to sorting it by Dat Name.
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    im sure u dnt mind me using this topic for requesting myself?
    XXBQRK25

i need this quartered, rock texture, "steep sloped" block? :mantis:
  • K0NG%s's Photo
    Yeah, just click on the "name" option at the top after Datchecker has opened (it takes longer to load the more objects in your Objdata). Or...likewise any other menu option of your choice.

Posted Image

I've found that the easiest method is to sort by in-game name (since that's what you see in-game) then just look over to the left and find the .dat name. IMO, it's easier to recall the .dat name in association with the in-game name than vice-versa.

Here ya go, roll3r:

Attached File  XXBQRK25.DAT (2.99KB)
    downloads: 9
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    thanks kong :mantis:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading