(Archive) Advertising District / Keanes building space

• Keane%s's Photo
    Hi everybody!

I'm new to this site. I used to play this game 4 or 5 years ago, but then I stopped. And if it was't for some meddling kids, I probably wouldn't have started this game ever again.

So here are some screens from some try outs. It will be, at some point in the far future, the mainstreet of a new park.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(I'm planning to place a carousel ride on the red dirt. )

So what do you think? It should have, or at least a little bit, a French look.
  • turbin3%s's Photo
    Very nice, I love the 2nd screen. A carousel would fit very good :)

Looking forward to more!
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Loving the atmosphere. Keep up the good work!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I hate to say this but I love it. :p
  • J K%s's Photo
    The second screen is lovely!!!
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Nice to see another Belgian! Have you been on another forum as well?

I love the screens, very nostalgic. Don't be afraid to use a little more colour though.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Yeah I really really like the second screen. Lovely use of height to create a nice enclosed space. Your roof lines could use some more interesting features to break up the shapes, though. Things like towers, and attic windows and things..
  • highroll3r%s's Photo
    yes nice atmosphere so far. i dont really like the grey building though. i duno weather its the squareness or the balconies. it doesnt compare to the other buildings imo. nice vibe so far.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    The lack of tables and the offset poles holding the "umbrellas" up in the seating area is the main thing I notice... Also the arch in the first picture could be thicker (where the walls are).
  • FredD%s's Photo
    Your style hasn't changed a bit. Great to have another Belgian on the site!
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    Looks really promising Keane. you should change the color of flower though, It looks bit lifeless atm.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    that some good looking building you got there. the theme might be a little plain though... add some zest to spice it up :)
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    This is extremely atmoshperic, you hit the balance between complexity and simplicity perfectly.

Kudos to you, Keane!
  • Ruben%s's Photo

Nice to see another Belgian! Have you been on another forum as well?

If I'm not mistaken, you should check TNB for that. ;)

Nice stuff man. :) Looking forward to more of this.
  • Keane%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments.

Posted Image

The first building in the Portuguese part of the park and also the station of a water coaster. It is a bit grey, but castles aren't exactly that colourfull. However, does anyone has any tips to make it look less grey / black?
  • posix%s's Photo
    Add some wooden beams?
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    Maybe some colorful flags?
  • Keane%s's Photo
    Posted Image

The first peeps are walking around in the Portuguese part of the park.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    Wow. I don't know how I missed this topic. That screen looks amazing.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Sorry but it doesn't look very Portuguese to me. It looks far too cold to be Portuguese, not enough white, too much grey/brown.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading