(Archive) Advertising District / Gnome Country

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    So here's what we had been doing in the final week of H2H6, me and K0NG literally busted our asses off to no extent to get this done knowing we'd get a DQ but just to not end with a forfeit wich unfortunatly happenned due to a very poorly timed and placed blackhole in the park. Also I wanted to do this topic so J K and Walto can get the respect they deserve for mythos!..

Note: All of this was mostly built in the last week so all you'll see is subject to improvement since we now have more time to actually get it up to our personal flavour...

on to the actual screens now:

Entrance area:
    Posted Image

Kiddie rides and more intense flats always go great together...
    Posted Image

Transportation is a must!
    Posted Image

And to the actual main coaster!
    Posted Image

I hope you all enjoy and we'll try to get this released as soon as possible, and I assure you it'll get finished...

Greets BG and K0NG
    again JK did a monstrous effort and he should also be recognised so I would like that everybody that checks this topic and responds here also takes the time to check out mythos since that was the adversary of this park...
  • Ruben%s's Photo
    Now this looks promising. :)

Too bad you didn't get it in for match 3, but definitely looking forward to the release. For some reason it gives me the same feeling as those weird combi-parks by Liam (Eftel towers, Knotts derrie vliet etc.). It all looks very refined and detailed for a last minute build, but I guess that was also possible because of the moderate concept.

Yup. I wanna see this get released.
  • trav%s's Photo
    I think there's far too much path in the 3rd screen. Apart from that it looks pretty good
  • Hex%s's Photo
    Really nice. And I'm really liking that dragonfly queue.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    I like the earthy and whimsical atmosphere this is producing. I especially enjoy that dragonfly. However, I think you should extend the queue underneath the dragonfly because as of now it is just a load of path. Other than that i really like this so far. I'm intrigued to see what kind of B&M looper it is. Personally I think this is the perfect opportunity for a wing rider with some key hole elements through things in nature.

Although it's a shame that this wasn't released for H2H, I think that it could turn into a really nice design accolade. Nobody wants to forfeit but think of this as an opportunity to add some more details. Keep it up guys.
  • J K%s's Photo
    Really nice work guys. I cannot wait to see the finished result. Lots of little details everywhere and with more work this will be a really nice concept.
  • Milo%s's Photo
    The butterfly on the umbrella put a smile on my face.
  • BC(rct2)%s's Photo
    The dragonfly looks amazing! Great pics too!
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    I like it a lot. The first, second and third screen all have a warm atmosphere. I like the use of the different umbrellas and steep castle roofs. Unlike trav I love the plaza in the thirds screen. However, I feel like even though you might have a clear theme, I can't really tell what style you're going for. The architecture in the first screen almost reminds me of the Efteling, while the house in the second screen looks slightly western, and I can't figure out what kind of style the building with the green roof in the third screen is supposed to represent. Also there seem to be too much different clashing colours, and some weird colour choices in general. For example, I really don't like the bright red gnome's hat, the yellow roof for the kiddie coaster (btw why make the kiddie coaster dull green when everything is else is so colourful?) and some of the mushroom's colours (especially the green and black ones), the green roof and orange mushroom in the third screen and all the different shades of green on the other than that very well executed dragonfly. Finally, the foliage looks very unfinished/rushed in the second screen and also very uninspired in the last screen. The park sure looks very promising, but I think it could still use of a lot of improvement, refinement and maybe a bit more ideas and imagination.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I think the theme has much more potential than you're shwowing in your screens. Sometimes it looks a little generic. It doesn't have to, because the theme is seriously awesome. I'll judge the screens for what they are, however. It's looking very cool. :) The butterflie are great like Milo said, and I really like the foliage and coloured toadstools in the second screen. Lovely. If you can add more ideas and make the aesthetics more coherent and flowing, asses will be kicked.

Thanks for showing and good luck on finishing!
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Welcome to Imaginaerum!
    this will become a full scale park with references to the RD rounds as a testament to the team.

Posted Image

Posted Image

to reply to previous comments:
    yes the screens shown are very rushed in parts and I know this shows, I do plan on getting everything up to the level I want it before releasing now I have more time.
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    Such great architecture and placement of objects in that 1st screen. Well done.
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Looks so much better then what i seen before and what i seen before was so good lol. Cant wait to see this released.
  • pierrot%s's Photo
    wow, that station is phenomenal. can't wait to see this in game.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    I like how everything flows so well in your style BG. There are barely sharp edges noticeable and each area or piece of scenery/theming kind of blends into the other.. I think for the most part because of the open path style.. Great work!
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I love the round window thing in the first screen. Fantastic. Rest of the screens is good too, looking forward to seeing more.

Park name inspired by Nightwish?
  • RMM%s's Photo
    beyond pretty.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    The foliage in the last screen is terrible. The oak trees and other 'standard' trees really don't fit one bit. Station building is great though.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I really love that first screen. second screen is also good, but not quite as much, although the diagonal station bit is a pretty neat idea.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    FOR MY BROTHERS!

Posted Image

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading