(Archive) Advertising District / Swedish Park

• Scoop%s's Photo
    Here is a screen of my new unamed Swedish Park hope you like it.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: Swedish Park 1.jpg
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I'm not really seeing 'sweden' in this park. why does the path go underground at the far right? thats a very unusual feature for a park. in real life path tends to stay above ground and uses bridges or whatever, and only rarely will use tunnels like that.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Swedish eh?
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    needs more köttbullar.
  • trav%s's Photo
    Needs more Notch.
  • Pacificoaster%s's Photo
    Needs more cowbell.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    I like the tunnel. I like just about everything except the white fence - it would glitch less if you placed it on the other side of the same wall (adjacent grid). The structure is also a bit simple, and I think you could slim down your roof texture options whilst making the facades more interesting and varied.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    ok well since it isn't swedish :lol: what are some good parks I can look off of to get a swedish feel.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Doesn't feel Swedish to me at all. Also, this is definitely a step back from what you've shown recently.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

Doesn't feel Swedish to me at all. Also, this is definitely a step back from what you've shown recently.

it is ok well that might be cause it isn't finished and the fact that I haven't played for a couple weeks. just to take a break from it all.
    Anywho no excuses.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    I haven't seen any swedish parks here, maybe use real-life examples?
    At least for the architecture then.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    Splitvision made a Liseberg recreation. http://www.nedesigns.../1806/liseberg/
    I think it's very swedish.
  • gir%s's Photo

use real-life examples

This is the best advice, not only to make your buildings look more Swedish, but also to make your buildings look more like buildings...something many new players struggle with.
  • Seb%s's Photo
    5dave's Moroverden might also be helpful to you
  • MorganFan%s's Photo
    You might have heard of something called RCDB. It helps people. It helps the GP.
    Use it.

Woah, dude!
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    here is a much better screen imo than the last tell me what you think.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: swedish Park 2.jpg
  • SchwarzRozen%s's Photo
    I don't know how much advice I can give you on this one, but I think it looks nice! I'm kind of looking at the pathway's length in therms of whats connected to it and what to do from that trail to be a problem as it looks like there's nothing going on other than using it as an observation walkway.
  • Steve%s's Photo

Needs more cowbell.

Why do I feel like I'm the only one laughing uncontrollably at this? :lol:
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    Those blocky two by two buildings have no purpose, and still don't feel at all swedish. Look up pictures of Stockholm to see what Sweden is like. Unless you meant Swiss, in which case look up pictures of Switzerland...
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    well, there are other places in sweden than stockholm.
    Red wood houses.
    I also recommend Silver Bullet by Janus as inspiration http://www.nedesigns.../silver-bullet/

Also on a rct related note: Try working on the foliage: don't spread it all out randomly but make clumps with trees and bushes and take the landscape into consideration. Close to the Water it makes sense to use reeds elsewhere not so much. And if youre going for swedishness in the landscaping use more rocks and pine trees. google "skärgården"

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading