(Archive) Advertising District / Trenton Journey

• Critic%s's Photo
    Yah. It is im Workbench creation stage as of now, but I have the entrance mosly done:

Posted Image

More Pics soon I hope ;)!!!
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    that looks great! thats all I have to say... its great! :)
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Very good! I don't like the white roofs though. Change those to a different color. And add fences around the water. I like how u even put jagged rocks UNDER the water.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    I think that it is pretty boring. The awnings look a bit high and there isnt enough depth (pretty flat). Try not to make buildings right on the paths and have the paths interact with the buildings.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    YEAH! That's great! Greatly dissapointing... Why do you have the wood or steel fence on one of the walls? The awening's are too high off the ground with nothing directly under them, so that's ugly. Ummmmmmm, yeah. I've seen better (not from you, from others of course).
  • Critic%s's Photo
    *Gets out checklist*

1.) Fences on edge of water
    2.) Fox the abnormal wall piece
    3.)Get something under the awning
    4.)Spice it up a bit by finishing it more :p

P.S. TBF, I suggest keeping your mouth shut when all you have to say is something on the lines of bitching. Thanks.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Glitch, I'll make fun of you if you want!

Anyway, as for the park. The architecture look rather boring and undetailed actually, the line of quarter tile trees doesn't look great and those awnings are terrible. Also notice the corner tile rooves at the bottom of the pic aren't the same colour as the rest of the roof. There is really nothing here that excites me.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Thank you Toon...

Checklist REVISED!

1.) Fences on edge of water
    2.) Fox the abnormal wall piece
    3.)Get something under the awning
    4.)Spice it up a bit by finishing it more :p
    5.) Fix the roof on that corner piece
    7.)Replace the awning.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I've just deleted a shitload of posts in this topic because they were irrelevant one-liners...

I can see some positive things in the picture, like you're not afraid to use water next to paths at that level (good thing) and the flags next to the windows are good. However, the roof colours are a bit....suffocating, and the geometric tree area is just a bit regimented.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Not bad but make sure that you always keep the land type under the path the same. But its a lot better than your older stuff you have made an improvement thats for sure.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Thanks mantis and the rest of you. I never thought I would get this many positive comments (excluding Beta).
  • Critic%s's Photo
    I fixed most of it and i cam up with:

Posted Image
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Thats own bridge thing is just way too high up!!!!! U forgot a piece of fence by one of the trees too.
  • anxious%s's Photo
    Ugly, this is very ugly. It could have great potential, but its ugly. The Bridge itself is well. to high, I liked the old way, you should of just changed it alittle. Not made a whole new bridge thing.

-anxious :@
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Blah, I'm going into new stages of the park. The bridge won't be that high and ugly when all is finished.
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    1st - Yes, the bridge is too high. You should make it lower, but keep the buildings the same hight so it isn't even. And maybe some supports underneath it too ;)

2nd - All the walls are the same color, but maybe there is more that I can't see. (the windows are the same too ;))

3rd - I would suggest some flowers, and 1/4 objects, instead of solely trees.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    New archy:
    Posted Image
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Looks ok, I'd make the walkway over the path two things lower and get rid of TT's roof that's on it so you can see the windows.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    General Archy in the Enterance Plaza:
    Posted Image
  • SFMMXtreme%s's Photo
    lookin great. I love the architecture. I dunno some of it looks so realistic. Anyway good job and I hope to see a download soon

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading