(Archive) Advertising District / Merry Christmas NE

• robbie92%s's Photo
    Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Festivus, and everything in-between...

These are from a variety of projects.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope everyone here at NE has a great holiday season!
  • Xtreme97%s's Photo
    Holy flying fuck.
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    1/10 would not bang
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Finish BGA, then I will be impressed.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo
    First Screen: This deco style has become your bread and butter. The detailing is perfect and the tracktecture on the top left is tasteful. Nice touch with the California flag.

Second Screen: I've got to say I'm not as much of a fan of this one. The light blue color with those roofs creates a nasty glare. I also think those windows are a little overused in the screen. The Philharmagic facade is great.

Third Screen: This layout is fantastic. This whole map feels dark and the archy definitely reflects this. I'll be interested to see how the area surrounding the coaster, specifically the lower part of the screen is done.

Fourth Screen: Great support work, love the spotlights.
  • muuuh%s's Photo
    1st screen: I love the buildings with its details but to be honest, I assume you will never get this project finnished :(. what map size does this project have?

2nd screen: honestly, I don`t really like it. I neither like those trees nor the colors of those buildings.

3rd screen: the layout is great, colors of the coasters are great, but the foliage can be done much better.

4th screen: great screen but too unfinnished :(
  • Jonny93%s's Photo
    Amazing screens Robbie! My favourite is the disney screen. The atmosphere there is so nice.
  • Hepta%s's Photo
    1: Just excellent. Keep building stuff like this.

2: Not a fan of the blue roofs. Maybe it's just my general distaste for RCT Disney though :/ The ruins (a stage?) are a nice touch though!

3: Enjoyable layout, though, I'd like to see it in game to develop a better feel of the theme. Right now, the helixes near the station seem a little odd. Might be angle too.

4: Support work is top notch. Not a huge fan of the untextured red roofs, but they are realistic. Mostly enjoying the foliage.

That first screen though. Wow. I've been gone for a while, and that just stands out ridiculously. Really excellent.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    1. This is nice! I really dig that.
    2. I feel like I've seen that screen from every angle about now. I hope you're making some other progress on that park as well since it's stunning.
    3. Looks cool, have you shown a screen of that one before? The station with the old broken/rotten roof.
    4. Looks like you're making some nice progress on that. Good job!
  • prodigy%s's Photo
    pic #1 is not normal... how are you able to do such things? :drool:
  • RCTER2%s's Photo
    Soooo nice! :eek:
  • Dimi%s's Photo
    Screen 1: It's hard to imagine how you can make this kind of buildings. Everyone can build a basic shape and spice it up with details, but it seems like you use another technique that requires a lot more architectural insight. The colours and the composition are flawless. The only thing I don't like is the paths, I think wider sidewalks and only one type of asphalt would look better.
    Screen 2: I'm not a fan of the way the trees are lowered in the path, everything else is beautiful. I think the roofs will work perfectly once the area is done.
    Screen 3: Again very impressive, the atmosphere reminds me of what I'm going for in my Dollywood-inspired park.
    Screen 4: The least interesting one, but still the coaster looks promising. I personally don't like the use of the landblocks here, and I'd really prefer the tree trunk to have the normal light brown colour.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo
    Screens one and three are absolutely incredible, four is nice but not much, and the second screen will probably be great finished but the purple and salmon landtiles at the top are really distracting
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    That first screen is awesome. I don't like those tree objects but you pull them off well, it's nice to see something new.
    Disney reveals what I was afraid of, that you dont have a whole lot of progress.
    Three is new and looks aweseome. I'm trying to imagine what that first drop would feel like. Whoa.
    The last one is good to, those flat awnings suck though.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    1: Technically very good, but it feels like I've seen it all before in DAW and therefore I'm not really impressed by the screen. The atmosphere seems very death, but I think peeps and benches etc. will reduce that. Normally I don't like those trees, but the work well here! The corner building seems, although really well built, a bit out of place, consisting only of trackarchitecture, but I think you can't really help that. I'm really interessed in the other, probably more original, areas of the park!

2: I'm really liking this. Nice atmosphere. The planters work perfect here. My only complaint are the trees, as others mentioned already. I'd try to figure that out. And I'd remove the yellow arches and those other tan 'railings' in front of the bricks. It will remove the glitches and would look better and less messy I think. Small detail: I think the flag at the top of the castle can be improved so it looks more like the Disneyland logo.

3: Seems like a nice coaster, but it's too dull and dark for my likings. Maybe you could spice up the colors of the supports or something. The screen hasn't got a theme park feeling. Don't know if you were going for that though. How is the train able to get through that barrel roll after the lift?

4: I don't like this screen. It seems very generic. The supports are nice, but I don't like the plain coaster colors nor the sandbox and it's enclosure. Are those black things lamps?

It feels like a fiesta today! :party:
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    where did that jawdropping smiley go?
  • nin%s's Photo
    dat first screen. and dat second screen.

No, but seriously. That second screen just reeks of fun.
  • JDP%s's Photo
    glad to see this place still active let alone working coming from rob. nice job buddy, glad to see your work is still top of the line
    -JDP
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    ^YAY JDP is back!

1 - I don't like the pathing, there is so many different types and road lines and it just looks ugly to me. I also dislike the round building, I think it could be executed better. The rest of the screen is phenominal.

2 - Great use of texture :)

3 - I don't like the flow of the layout, but the foliage looks really impressive

4- Those awnings are really textureless and ruin the beauty of the screen.

Great to see so many screens from you :) I hope we see a major release from you in 2013
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Thanks guys!

1.The first screen is one of Buena Vista Street in my Disney's California Adventure park. Yes, I know that Pacificoaster had a BVS in DAW, but it's the same source material and I feel like my take on it is different enough from his to make it look different (different scale, textures, techniques...) The project itself is only around 120x120, so it's on the smaller side of RCT parks, mainly to keep the data limit in check.

2.The second screen is part of my contribution to Turtle's Disneyland park, which is in his hands at the moment and has been for at least a month now, hence this screen being old and unfinished.

3.The third is an overview of a wingrider design that I showed a closeup of the station area on. I honestly don't know how I will finish it, but as you see, the main coaster is fully-supported, meaning I just need to come up with support rides/theme of some kind. The theme is intended to be something similar to a Blair Witch type of monster/vibe, hence all of the darkness.

4.The final screen shows a shot of my Giovanola for my Cedar Fair park, Flight Deck. The textureless awnings are intended to suck it dry in terms of life, and it's meant to feel as generic as possible. Other parts of the park will be more themed, but consider this my follow-up to SFSF.

As far as BGA goes, I doubt I'll ever finish. I've lacked motivation for it for a while now, although I may ask others for some help to see if I can pick it back up. Unfortunately, it's quite large and there's been backtracking recently, so things have really slowed down on it.

Thanks for the comments!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading