Related Games / My First Coaster - RCT3 Short Film

• coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Watch "My First Coaster" Today

The wait is over! Watch the "My First Coaster" short film below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPi8g3HWWs8

"My First Coaster" was filmed entirely with the RCT3 in-game video recorder, so the video is clearer and of higher quality.

The video is also available on Vimeo:

Posted Image

I have been working on this projects for about two months now. Although it's less than 8 minutes in length, I recorded all of the footage with the in-game recorder, so the production time has been much longer than my other machinimas.

Posted Image

"My First Coaster" spans just over two decades and revolves around a father and son's visits to ride a local amusement park's classic wooden coaster.

Posted Image

The film is inspired by a true story. The coaster is based off of an existing coaster, but its identity won't be revealed until the film is released. I'm looking forward to sharing it with you guys.

Posted Image

Stay tuned for more previews leading up to the release.
  • Top Gun%s's Photo
    Amaziing idea. Ironically the layout reminds me of the Scooby Doo clones, which was actually my first roller coaster.
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Amazing nostalgia.
    I love how most of your project revolve about poeple, besides rides, buildings and parks.
    It's a rare thing these days.
  • coasterfreak101%s's Photo
    You know, unless you dye your hair nowadays I'm not sure I believe you were a blonde child, John. :p
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo

Amaziing idea. Ironically the layout reminds me of the Scooby Doo clones, which was actually my first roller coaster.

Thanks! I look forward to sharing it with you guys.

Amazing nostalgia.
    I love how most of your project revolve about poeple, besides rides, buildings and parks.
    It's a rare thing these days.

Thanks, leonidas. I think you have to bring the human element into such a "cartoonish" game.

You know, unless you dye your hair nowadays I'm not sure I believe you were a blonde child, John. :p/>

I still am blonde (although dark). As a kid it was much lighter.

My First Coaster - Update

"My First Coaster" will be released THIS FRIDAY, February 8, 2013!

Posted Image

My First Coaster is a classic out-and-back layout.

Posted Image

Seen above is the entire layout for the coaster featured in "My First Coaster." It's a smaller coaster, but timid coaster enthusiasts must start somewhere!

Discussion: What was your first coaster? How well do you remember the ride?
  • Disney Imagineer%s's Photo
    This is a gorgeous little woodie. Love the custom support work you've done. Looks really nice. Like the angular entrance too.

Love your graphic design work as well - great poster.

My first coaster was the Swamp Fox at Myrtle Beach's Family Kingdom park. I remember feeling so bad-ass when I got off. I was probably 6 or so. Great memory!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo

This is a gorgeous little woodie. Love the custom support work you've done. Looks really nice. Like the angular entrance too.

Love your graphic design work as well - great poster.

My first coaster was the Swamp Fox at Myrtle Beach's Family Kingdom park. I remember feeling so bad-ass when I got off. I was probably 6 or so. Great memory!

Thank you! I can't take credit for the supports, though. They're the in-game supports, but re-textured. They do look much better.

My First Coaster Premieres Friday!

The wait is almost over. "My First Coaster" will debut on Friday, February 8, 2013!

Posted Image

Everything seems bigger when you're a kid, and I remember my first coaster appearing much larger when I was a small child.

Posted Image

Continue to share what you remember about your first coaster ride. I'm enjoying reading the responses.
    Oh okay. For some reason they looked custom to me. I remember Swamp Fox being huge too.

Can't wait for the video!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Watch "My First Coaster" Today

The wait is over! Watch the "My First Coaster" short film below:

"My First Coaster" was filmed entirely with the RCT3 in-game video recorder, so the video is clearer and of higher quality.

The video is also available on Vimeo:

Posted Image

Please share your thoughts of the film after watching! I can only improve if I hear your feedback.

Thanks for watching!
  • olddtfan51%s's Photo
    A great short film Very touching. :mantis:
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    10/10

I cry evrrytyme!

But seriously, good story, good cinematography, and good ride, as well.
    I swear onion ninjas almost got into my room, too!

I dunno if everyone is doing this, but my first coaster was Drachen Fire at Busch Gardens: Williamsburg (a.k.a. Europe). I was a dumb kid.
    That had a great storyline. It was so good! :'(

10/10

Great coaster. I actually had never seen photos of the Zippin Pippin, so it was nice getting to see the inspiration. The whole video was shot fantastically, great angles and story scenes. Such a clean looking coaster. I'm glad it had a happy ending. When they tore it down I was like THIS BETTER HAVE A HAPPY ENDING. :lol: Love how you gave it a different look at the new park, added a sense of realism. Overall a fantastic job!

Don't you just love it when the trains come rolling back to the station and the peeps have their little mouths wide open in horror? :lol:
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    Thank you guys for the feedback. If you watch the film, please post your thoughts! I am interested to see what people think of "My First Coaster."

A great short film Very touching. :mantis:/>

Thank you!

10/10

I cry evrrytyme!

But seriously, good story, good cinematography, and good ride, as well.
    I swear onion ninjas almost got into my room, too!

I dunno if everyone is doing this, but my first coaster was Drachen Fire at Busch Gardens: Williamsburg (a.k.a. Europe). I was a dumb kid.

Thanks, Rhynos! I'm glad you liked it. Thanks for the feedback.

That had a great storyline. It was so good! :'(/>

10/10

Great coaster. I actually had never seen photos of the Zippin Pippin, so it was nice getting to see the inspiration. The whole video was shot fantastically, great angles and story scenes. Such a clean looking coaster. I'm glad it had a happy ending. When they tore it down I was like THIS BETTER HAVE A HAPPY ENDING. :lol:/> Love how you gave it a different look at the new park, added a sense of realism. Overall a fantastic job!

Don't you just love it when the trains come rolling back to the station and the peeps have their little mouths wide open in horror? :lol:/>

Thanks, Disney Imagineer! I appreciate your comments. I enjoyed making a film with a happy ending (not common for me).
    I look forward to seeing your future projects! :)
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ I've already started work on a new park that I will be sharing soon!

The reviews are in!

I think you should watch "My First Coaster," but I'll let those who have already seen the film do the talking:

Posted Image

I have been humbled by the response to say the least. I am glad that so many others have been able to identify with my first coaster experience. I hope that by watching "My First Coaster" you are able to relive your first ride on a roller coaster.

Thank you for the support and continue to share your thoughts about the film. I would appreciate some criticism!

Posted Image

Remember, "My First Coaster" is also available on Vimeo:
    Congrats man on making RCDB's Facebook page!!
  • coasterdude5%s's Photo
    ^ I can't believe it! It's very humbling. I had no idea it would receive this sort of attention.
    Now its on Screamscape!
  • In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^Saw that last night. Fantastic!!
  • Chillsons%s's Photo
    Brilliant!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading