(Archive) Advertising District / The Caste Project..

• Fizzix%s's Photo
    Trying my hand at some fantasy.

In brief, it's a map filled with areas occupied by the different levels of wizards/witches/etc. Each area is characterized by different building materials and each has a class color.

Upper-Yellow/Gold
    Middle-Pastel Red
    Lower-Light Purple
    Goblins-TBD
    Necromancers-Black/Blood Red

Excuse the lack of names for each class, and the region itself. Built for a few weeks now but haven't thought of a name yet.

Starting off with a screen of the lower class.

Posted Image
    The main street of the lower class is a dimly lit street lined with rundown wooden buildings. Some dark stone was used in the construction of a few of the buildings, but it offers poor structural support, and was quickly abandoned as a material. The discovery of iron has made blacksmithing a recently ludicrous business in this region. Some steel frames can be seen around the outside of some buildings, recent additions no doubt. Without even the knowledge of the spell to create sparks, fire is still the method which is used to provide light, in the form of hanging lamps. Even the foliage in this region is dark and somber.

Posted Image
    The wealthy upper class have exclusive knowledge of flight, and stoneworking. They are supplied their stone of choice by their goblin slaves in the region across the lake. Most of the region's alcohol is produced in this area in the wealthy's vineyards. The only class to seriously protect themselves from the others, they have built a massive stone retaining wall with only a few entrances in it. Electricity is widely used, in the new electric lamps lining the streets. This caste have used their knowledge of botany and biospells to produce beautiful foliage and gardens inside their castle walls.
  • Ling%s's Photo
    It took me a minute to realize it was NCSO. I really like it.
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    veerrrryy nice man. really can't see anything i don't like

god i love NCSO
  • Casimir%s's Photo
    Playing NCSO with clear rules of NOT using random textures everywhere sounds pretty reasonable. I like what I see.
  • chorkiel%s's Photo
    Love it.
  • gir%s's Photo
    This is what parkmaking should be.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    This is really good.
  • imawesome1124%s's Photo
    I love what I'm seeing. In my opinion you're easily one of the best NCSO players on this site.
  • Angroc%s's Photo
    Really lovin' the second screen!
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Pretty amazing man. The first screen is awesome
  • RCT2day%s's Photo
    So good. Only complaint, we've seen your medieval NCSO from the Black Mask already. Try some other themes.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    Hats off, that first screen is beyond gorgeous. Reminds me of early-era Turtle with atmosphere to boot. Well Done

FK
  • wheres_walto%s's Photo
    Wow, I really really dig that first screen.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    wow, that is amazing. I love what you did with the glass walls to color the bricks. Very atmospheric!
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    You've made my layout look gorgeous :)
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo
    This is actually really nice, especially for ncso.
  • BigB%s's Photo
    very nice work !
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    Love it.

Nice interaction on that Louis' invert. I kind of think you should get rid of a few supports here and there so there isn't one nearly every square, it would make it look more realistic and less RCT standard.

What's with the targets everywhere in the second screen?

And great job of portraying different colours and even trees for the different classes.
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Replies now, update soon. Spring break in a few days, I expect to see heavy progress.

Ling: Thanks!

Cork: Thanks, good to hear!

Cas: Sure does. It adds a ton more fun to it, at least for me. Critical thinking about each piece really makes the end product that much more satisfying.

Chorks: Thanks!

gir: I appreciate it a lot! Glad you like it.

Liampie: This means a lot as well, coming from one of my favorite builders.

imawesome: Thanks, I hope!

Angroc: Me too!

Wanted: Thanks a lot!

RCT2Day: I agree, but I feel like that was more generic, while this will be heavily story driven and thematic. Each area will have it's own #DATFLOW, so give me a few more updates to sell you, and I promise you won't be disappointed! ;)/>

Efkaty: Wow, this seriously means so much to me. Turtle is one of my huge inspirations, and it feels awesome to even be mentioned in the same sentence as him. Thanks a ton.

walto: Thanks a lot!

Cocoa: Thanks. I really wanted to focus on creating a thick, dark atmosphere for the lower class' area, and I've been scouring my mind to come up with fresher ways to do so. Glad you noticed!

Louis: You flatter me. It already had #DATFLOW. Thanks though ;)/>

Arjan: Thanks! That was a really nice comment, especially for you. ;)/>

BigB: Thanks!

Airtime: I might take you up about those supports, hadn't really noticed it until you brought it up. The targets are for the flight students to practice their spells while in the air. Probably should have made that a little clearer. I'm glad you enjoy all the thought I'm putting into this!

I'm really happy with all the positive comments about this, guys. It makes building much easier knowing I have so much support!

The Alpha's castle city is almost completed, and you'll probably get a wider picture than the one from Fiesta. The past few days, I've been making headway on the Lower class as well, too. Definitely happy with how things are going. Update soon, thanks for all the love! :mantis:/>

IF anybody reads this far, I would much appreciate any help with getting 8cars to run. None of my versions will work at the moment. I get a pop-up saying 'No Process'. I have tried re-downloading and creating new shortcuts. I'm fairly certain it's because of trying to get the window hack to work. Restarting hasn't helped either. I think it'll just take some fooling around, but any help is appreciated. Thanks again guys!
  • ar2910%s's Photo
    I love the concept! It makes me so gratified to see more and more people using RCT as modular-building engine to illustrate stories, with the added bonus of rollercoasters of course! The use of colours, or their juxtaposition I should say more precisely, really make the screens for me in terms of showing the difference between the castes.

As for the trainer problem, they are temperamental buggers! (Hence why I gave up on them.) Unfortunately I found the only way around it when they stopped working on my chug-a-bug of a laptop was to transfer the saved games and object data I wanted to retain into temporary holding space elsewhere, wipe RCT and all its components, reinstall, games and date back in, and trainers back on. To be honest, I find I'm having a lot more fun without custom scenery and trainers; I'm rediscovering the out of box game and why I loved it so much to begin with, and it looks like, from the screens you have posted, you are too :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading