Theme Park Discussion / Build your own theme park with existing roller coasters contest!

• Wanted%s's Photo
    EDIT: Not in RCT, just a Fantasy roller coaster draft.

Hey! Long ago, when I was a youngin, I remember this contest RCPro held where everyone would build an amusement park with existing coasters (not literally, think fantasy roller coaster draft). It was incredibly enjoyable and at the end everyone voted on the best park! Would anyone be down for this?

Example: 12 rounds, 1 coaster each round

Round 1: Player 1 selects Millenium Force. Player 2 selects El Toro.
    Round 2: Player 2 selects X2. Player 1 selects Balder.

At the end of all of the rounds people will give a shpeel on why their park is the best and the entire community gets to vote!

Also, the selections would be done by posting your pick after the person before you. 24 hour limit on how long we wait for the next person in line!

Let me know your thoughts people!

People down for the contest:
    1. Wanted
    2. Austin55
    3. djbrcace1234 (?)
    4. Xcars
    5. AK Coaster
    6. Maverix
    7. Steve
    8. ][ntamin22
    9. zburns999
    10. Maverick
    11. Cocoa
    12. Airtime
    13. Louis!
    14. wheres_walto
    15. MorganFan
    16. nin
    17. Pacificoaster
    18. Milo

I'll leave these sign ups open until tomorrow night.

How many rounds do you all think we should have?
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    that actually sounds quite interesting, so basscily you just theme a recreation how you want?
  • djbrcace1234%s's Photo
    I love recreating coasters! Sign me up. :p
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I think everyone is misinterpreting what this is! You don't build anything in RCT (unless you want to). You just create a combination of amazing coasters and compare your imaginary park of awesome coasters to everyone else's imaginary park of awesome coasters. This way the contest will actually be completed by everyone!

Feel free to build this park in RCT if you want to!
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok, gotcha ha. I'm game for that all day.

I wanted to have like a March Madness style bracket where we line coasters up and vote them through to the end, like what the SF parks are doing on FB.
  • XCars%s's Photo
    I'm in. Sounds like a fun idea.
  • AK Koaster%s's Photo
    Count me in
    So it's more of a "Coaster Showdown" type situation
    Sounds like fun!
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    Count me in.

Basically this is a 'roller coaster draft' and the park you pick is the 'team'.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Yes! It's the fantasy roller coaster draft
  • Steve%s's Photo
    I'm down for this.
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Sure, why not
  • zburns999%s's Photo
    Oh damn! The RCPro coaster draft makes its triumphant return. Count me in!
  • Maverick%s's Photo
    I did one of these over at ThrillNetwork once before. I could give it a whirl. Need something to get me back into the spirit of the season before May gets here.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    I'll leave these sign ups open until tomorrow night.

How many rounds do you all think we should have? 10? I feel like 8, 10, or 12 should be the options. What do you guys think?
  • Maverix%s's Photo
    I'd say wait until the sign ups close to decide. No less than 8 though. Have it just be reasonable with the number of people that sign up.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    sure, sounds cool, and easy :)
  • Airtime%s's Photo
    This sounds great. Good post Wanted.

I'd love to enter.

I think too many rounds and it'll slowly get forgotten about like other stuff on NE.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Does 8 rounds sound like a good amount to you? I feel like beyond 8 coasters is too uncommon and beyond 8 rounds would cause people to forget
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I'll join in.

Yeah, I think 8 rounds is easily enough, most real parks have around that figure, if not less, anyway. And more rounds will just go on forever.

Oh and when we pick coasters, do they come with the theming, or is it just the layout :p
  • Wanted%s's Photo

Oh and when we pick coasters, do they come with the theming, or is it just the layout :p/>

I think things will get a little wonky if we take away the theming from the rides. Lets say I pick Space Mountain, X2, and El Toro, and I'm like I hate these themes. I want all these themed to feudal Japan. It just gets weird...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading