(Archive) Advertising District / It´s been a long time...

• GoldenTowers%s's Photo
    Hey Guys!

Don´t know if anyone remembers that I have been posting some screens like 8 years ago... Propably not...

However! I just rediscovered the game and found out that I still enjoy building a little something from once in a while :)/>/>

So I started something new just to get back into the game. Don´t know where this will go.

Attached Image: SCR1.jpg

Attached Image: SCR4.jpg
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    I remember you. I liked you a lot back then and I like you a lot now. The ship is brilliant.
  • Faas%s's Photo
    Awesome!
  • nin%s's Photo
    Damn, what a sick boat! You should have been here a few weeks ago for #boatflow, you'd have loved it.

The architecture is a bit underdeveloped, but not bad. I really like the ride interaction taking place.
  • Wicksteed%s's Photo
    whoah! I remember you, or your parks that is. From rct-world though I suppose. Haha.
    "Forgotten Times" was one of my favourite rct-parks...a loooooong time ago. Forgotten times, indeed :D
    I still have it on my harddisk (just looked at it again).

Your new work is also lovely.
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo
    atmosphere is fantastic, and ride-peep-archy interaction is awesome. Overally archy could use a bit more refinement, but i'm loving the style! glad you found ur way back!

FK
  • Fizzix%s's Photo
    Sweet stuff. I'd love to see this in-game.
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    Looks slightly sloppy and extremely entertaining. My kind of park :)
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    this looks fucking amazing
  • Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I personally fucking love it. Damn that's good. And just plain fun
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    wow! that is awesome
  • GoldenTowers%s's Photo
    Well, thanks a lot so far! :)

Btw: You´re looking at "Shipwreck Cove". The watercoasters name is "The Devils Plunge"... for now

I know what most of you mean when you say that the architecture could use some work. I´m not totally happy with it myself.

Can anyone recommend some pirate/fisherman-themed parks or parkareas? I´d like to get some inspiration as it seems like it has gotten a bit rusty over the years :D
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Dreamport (a must-see anyway)
    Aquatica (good pirate area)
    Calypso Quay (not exactly pirate themed, but the architecture looks quite colonial)
    Disney's American Waterfront (small fishing area)
    Mysterium Adventures (small pirate area)
    Thrill Point: World of Adventures (pirate area in the back)
    Monstrocity (small fishing area)
    Adventure Isle (completely themed to pirates)
    Sea of Sagas (not exactly pirates, may still inspire)
  • GoldenTowers%s's Photo
    wow! thanks mate! i think that should be enough! :D
  • Wanted%s's Photo
    He's missing the best one IMO, look up JKay in the database. He had some buccaneer adventure ride that blew my mind when I saw it in like...2006?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    islands of enchantment by artist. also, ports of magia by artists while you're at it.

also, neverland by me and 5dave and dimi! :)
  • GoldenTowers%s's Photo
    still working on this project from time to time. just started some kind of abandoned-factory-ish area with a duelling racer.

Attached Image: SCR6.jpg

not yet finished

update:

Attached Image: SCR7.jpg
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Love it again. :)
  • Austin55%s's Photo
    Screen 2 looks rad
  • leonidas%s's Photo
    Awesome.

Love the abandoned factory.

Tags