Custom Scenery Exchange / Gerstlauer Eurofighter/Infinity Coaster

• Loopy%s's Photo

In a fit of possible madness last weekend, I made a start on a Eurofighter/Infinity coaster custom ride based on the trains for the Smiler. I currently have a basic model in Blender with pretty much all ride animations set up to go.

There's still a way to go just yet before release:

- Close to 1800 images still to make with peeps on the ride

- Fix a few buggy animations (mainly the corkscrew animations)

- Make final adjustments to the pos numbers

- Fix color mapping

Once I've resolved all these things and got the animations set up correctly, I'll upload a copy of the Blender file so if anybody else wants to have a go at ride making you can attach your ride model to the control object and it will generate all the frames of animation you need automatically. The only other thing left to do would be to make any necessary adjustments to the peep frames.

Few screens below of the ride in-game for now but I'll keep this updated with progress as and when it's made.

Attached File  eftrains1.png (3.96KB)
    downloads: 158

Attached File  eftrains2.png (5.58KB)
    downloads: 147

Attached File  eftrains3.png (6.67KB)
    downloads: 112

Attached File  eftrains4.png (10.58KB)
    downloads: 85

• Louis!%s's Photo
    You are a genius.

And the uploading of the blender file is a fantastic thing to do.
  • PizzaWurscht%s's Photo

fantastic ...

• Coasterbill%s's Photo

Awesome work! This is really a great service to the community.

• robbie92%s's Photo

Oh my god

This totally makes up for you not updating that LL park :p

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    That means pac cab turn his trains into an rct ride too! Killer, loopy.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Very exciting! Haven't seen a good new coaster train for RCT in sooooo long.

• 5dave%s's Photo

This is awesome.

Stuff like this keeps the game alive! Thanks Loopy!

"MFG"

• Liampie%s's Photo

Custom trains rarely looks this good. You're doing an exceptional job. You, of all people!

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    nice job, they look great, props for taking on a task like this. is blender free?
  • PizzaWurscht%s's Photo

year blender is a free programm

• Loopy%s's Photo

Thanks guys glad you like them.

Blender is free (http://www.blender.org/) and pretty easy to pick up with a little practice. Due to the small size of the images required for RCT, the models don't actually need a massive amount of detail so anyone could have something up and running without much 3D modelling experience. There are endless tutorials for Blender online to get up and running.

The file I'll be uploading has four cameras set up for each of the RCT viewing angles as well as a lighting set up as suggested by AE in his old ride making tutorial. I'll also write a tutorial on how to get the frames out of Blender through to getting the final ride into RCT.

I've put a little work into them this afternoon to try and smooth out the corkscrew animations and they're getting there slowly. Every other animation is pretty straightforward to get right but these are really messy.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Any update on this?

• Loopy%s's Photo

Unfortunately I've had literally no time for anything RCT wise recently. I was having issues getting the peep models to look correct and was trying to redo them from scratch a couple of months back.

Hoping to have a little more time around Christmas so I'll be no doubt picking this up again.

• Ling%s's Photo

Well the train models look great. I hope you finish it.

• nicman%s's Photo

you have to finish this, so cool!

• imlegos%s's Photo

Erm, Nicman, this is kind of a  dead thread... It's been 2 years since the post before yours

• nicman%s's Photo

Erm, Nicman, this is kind of a  dead thread... It's been 2 years since the post before yours

http://www.nedesigns...46/path-object/

• imlegos%s's Photo

... shut up.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Thank you both for these wonderful contributions.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading