General Chat / Nevermore...Back for the Second Time

• Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

I guess people do care huh...
    After a week of no replies, my posts finally got read.

Not like it really matters much, but it helps in my decision to not quit RCT and the boards. I am not going to go on a rant like SA and say i am quiting (BtW, Chris has legit reasons if he does leave the game :0 ), but I was thinking about it last week.

I figured why bother anymore? No one cares about what I do or write, and it isn't important enough to get mad over, so I was literally going to quit. My last article was to be my last ever until I realized that I can't quit. This is my everyday therapy. Writing these or even just reading these boards.

For me, it makes my life full-cricle. Not many of you understand how the real world works. Shit, I don't even understand it. I do know, however, how boring the same routine is everyday. Wake up at 7:30 AM, work until 5 PM, do random stuff, go to sleep, [repeat].

That is what my week consists of and has consisted of for the past 2 years or so. Seems fun huh? Well it fucking sucks. Even when I usually don't write for like a week or days at a time it is usually for non-boredom reasons. I need these articles/rants to keep myself alive. To keep my energy flowing. To be myself...

I am honest with no one, except the people who read these. I am in a constant state of disillusion, where I think I can make it big, or take the easy way out of everythiing, but deep down, I know it will most-likley never happen. That's right people, unless you are born into money, you have to bust your ass in the real world.

I am broke, my job is total shit, and I am lazy. Those aren't stunning attributes and I am trying to break them. It is hard, but the eventual hammer to the face will get me going. I don't know when, but soon enough. Things are finally starting to work out for me, so I will get back on my feet in no time.

Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about you, the regular RCT-Joe. What's up with you? Why haven't I heard from you lately? I'll tell you why. You are all turning into me, lazy. This is HANDS DOWN the best RCT site on the web now, and you are all letting it go down in flames. Why?

This isn't directed towards everyone, but a majority that just refuse to help out. I am not asking you to give money or do graphics for NE. For fuck's sake just post something. Keep the flow of energy alive here. Even if you post something random like "I like beer" or "gay anal". Yes, there have been server probs, and a lot of people are getting fed up with RCT 2, but atleast you have people who are similar to yourselves here.

People who share a common love for a game or other insecurities. I can't stress enough what your participation means to the site. Look at what I am typing, I don't even have any kind of responsibilities here. I don't do graphics or layouts, I am nota mod (though I should be since I am constantly on this site), and I don't run it either. Yet I am telling you all to do something positive for this fine webspace.

Get in touch people. DO something brick for New Element...

In random news, I will be conducting a special awards ceremony in a little bit. This is going to be the REAL PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS and here are the following awards that will be distributed...

Best RCT Park
    Best RCT 2 Park
    Best Parkmaker
    Best Ridemaker
    Best Overall Themer
    Best NE Moderator
    Best Overall Member

Most Overrated Park
    Most Overrated Member
    Spammer of the Year
    Asshole of the Year
    Worst NE Moderater

...and 3 Awards that are pre-selected...
    Lifetime Achievement Award
    RCT Remembrance Award
    Comback of the Year

The three pre-selected awards are to be chosen by myself and 2 of them are pretty obvious. There will be 2 weeks of voting. You will vote for the nominees and winners of the said categories according to who's been nominated will be announced in due time. There will be a maximum of four nominees to each category.

In order to vote, leave a reply to this message, email me (ravensdi@yahoo.com), or PM me, or IM me at XxAnnBowmanxX (9AM-5PM) or Xx Raven SDI xX (6PM- ). It's that simple. If no one decided to participate with this, I will just pick who I feel deserve these awards. The winners get nothing :)...

I am looking forward to these awrds as anyone has a chance to express their true feelings about the RCT community. It should be tons of fun... :rolleyes:

It's funny how I go from almost quiting to doing something like this. I got an IM from Iris asking me not stop writing. Funny how he got his wish and then some. Gay anal all around...

Random Thoughts

- Fishing rules.

- This world is going to hell in a handbasket.

- The Orb of Insight fucking sucks my left cancerous nut.

- Water tastes really bad.

- All lawyers are total assholes and should die horrible deaths.

Quote of the Day
    "What you talkin' bout Willis?"
    - Random on the street

Words of Advice
    An apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Website of the Day
    http://www.nedesigns.com

CD of the Day
    Red Hot Chili Peppers- By the Way
    - Words can't describe how good this CD is. Just buy it.

Rent of the Day
    Below
    - Imagine watching Event Horizon on crack and on a submarine. Yeah...

Well that concludes today's fiasco.
    Until the next exciting episode...

I love you all,

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Adix%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park DDI
    Best RCT 2 Park (Not Qualified to Vote)
    Best Parkmaker Natelox
    Best Ridemaker Nevis
    Best Overall Themer Fatha/Nate
    Best NE Moderator Fatha'
    Best Overall Member mantis

Most Overrated Park Troy
    Most Overrated Member DUKE
    Spammer of the Year Pokemon Master
    Asshole [Dumbass] of the Year Pokemon Master
    Worst NE Moderater Adix
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Ack, awards. I don't like to be subjective. Let's not leave people out now.

Dude, I like your columns, I like you. I don't like your parks much, but I'm a jackass, so never mind that. Keep writing, because helps you and entertains us*.

Asterisk denotes that 'us' means 'some of us'.

- Water tastes really bad.

You speak heresy!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Dude, cheer up :) Go and eat some Jaffa Cakes. Or put a teaspoon in the fridge then put it over your eye. Just something like that. Just cheer up!

Best RCT Park
    egypTopia by Coaster Ed is unassailable.

Best RCT 2 Park
    there's limited choice, but I go for...Fantastic Wonders by Timothy Cross

Best Parkmaker
    Coaster Ed. He's got the ideas, the flare, the skill. Genius.

Best Ridemaker
    I was going to say NeViS, and I still am. Even though Ed and Kiri are damn close.

Best Overall Themer
    Ed. Just beats MrKiRi.

Best NE Moderator
    Foozy, damn him.

Best Overall Member
    Haw Haw. um. Raven, even though I don't talk to him much. He has time on his side.

Most Overrated Park
    Um um um...UCSR, sorry butterfinger...

Most Overrated Member
    Me.

Spammer of the Year
    Glitch ;)

Asshole of the Year
    Me for saying i'm Overrated. The whole self-deprecating thing just doesn't cut it, does it?

Worst NE Moderater
    Adix seems pretty popular :)

Give people time to vote - i expect half the people don't even know the forums are back.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park - Auroras Bay
    Best RCT 2 Park - PPH
    Best Parkmaker - PyroPenguin
    Best Ridemaker - Fatha'
    Best Overall Themer - hmmm....Nate. Pyro a close second
    Best NE Moderator - Adix
    Best Overall Member - mantis

Most Overrated Park - IOAH
    Most Overrated Member - WTF?
    Spammer of the Year - Glitchy
    Asshole of the Year - DUKE
    Worst NE Moderater - Adix....hehe...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park Universal's Outrage (yup, not IOAH anymore)
    Best RCT 2 Park Purple Pill Heights
    Best Parkmaker a lot of parkmakers are impressing the hell out of me, right now it's X-Sector
    Best Ridemaker Fatha' Grinch is the most consistent and pretty innovative as well
    Best Overall Themer X-Sector definately
    Best NE Moderator well iris naturally but if he doesn't count than Corkscrewed. He makes cool logos and entertains us with his famous park advertisement campaigns and his misplaced faith in the Lakers ;)
    Best Overall Member Now this is tough. Right now I'm going to say mantis because, well, he's the bestest. Oh yeah, and he nominated me in 3 categories too. And he's some kind of card stacking master.

Most Overrated Park Land of the Villains (though Mala's duelers were stunning)
    Most Overrated Member i'm not sure what this means exactly so I can't think of anyone.
    Spammer of the Year QOTSA-2002 seems to be on a roll lately
    Asshole [Dumbass] of the Year butterfinger is a creative parkmaker but he doesn't seem to appreciate innovation in other people's parks which bothers me for some reason. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a dumbass though.
    Worst NE Moderater anxious doesn't seem to have done much

I just had to add this last one of my own:
    most criminally underappreciated parkmaker aero21. chances are you all put something in one of your parks that he did first and you don't even realize it. actually, I'd say the same thing about Joe Holland.

- - - -
    This thing won't work if people don't reply. It does take some time and some thought but what better way is there to support NE after the recent server problems? Show us you care.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Well first off id like to say i loved the post SDI, I liked;

and a lot of people are getting fed up with RCT 2, but atleast you have people who are similar to yourselves here

i hate talking to my friends about RCT cos they just dont know the first thing bout it. Even when i just totaly get bored of RCT i still come here and see what others are doing, sometimes it motivates me to do some more work.

When NE was down i realised how much I visited it, my daily trowel through the forums was boring and often little had changed each time i visited them. Im glad its back.

Best RCT park

Well my LL has not been working for around a year now so I havent had chance to see all the quality parks coming out lately, so my pick may seem old (or stupid) but id say the one great i couild remember was called Blue Dolphin resort. Im not 100% sure who made it but i think he called himself cool dad.

Best RCT2 park

From the parks which have been released, non have really amazed me as of yet. But id say my faviorate was Pharo's Realm by Gymkid.

Best parkmaker

Hmmmm, tough one. So many to choose from. I cant say which is the best, but my faviorate is certainly Corkscrewed.

Best ridemaker

Well IMO the best ride maker is Fatha'. There is somebody else who IMO is great but im reluctant to say because he hasnt proved much yet.

Overall Themer

This is hard for me to judge too because I havent really seen any of the latest parks, so im just gonna go off the screens, dont count it if you dont believe that it should be this way. Iv gotta say X-Sector.

Best NE mod

Thats easy, its foozy. What ever forum im in hes there.

Best Overall Member

Mantis. Hes always posting, hes respected, his posts are often constructive/positive, and WOMB owns all.

Most overated park

Im not in a position to say.

Most overated member

Hard to say. I really dont know. If i find anyone il edit the post.

Spammer Of The Year

Harry Potter boy.

Ass hole of the year

Duke, i got nothing against him really, but you are what you eat. ;)

Worst NE mod

Hmmm, i dunno. :rolleyes: Um, il say Adix, but i dont really know. Im stupid. ???

My own. Funiest post

Stupid Gits post in the thread by Beta Factor about his girl troubles was fuckin funny. It was so good i read it twice.

Another of my own.Funiest Quote

Tighter than a virgins Ass hole - RavenSDI i think. lol. :lol:
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park
    Auras Bay

Best RCT 2 Park
    BGSS

Best Parkmaker
    Pyro

Best Ridemaker
    Fatha

Best Overall Themer
    Pyro

Best NE Moderator
    Mantis

Best Overall Member
    Me

Most Overrated Park
    Tropico

Most Overrated Member
    Dunno about this one, Butterfinger

Spammer of the Year
    Yes Im winning this one, hot damn. My vote goes for Mantis ;)

Asshole of the Year
    Totovita aka The Hive aka Gay Fuck

Worst NE Moderater
    Arklon

Side Note: There should be an award for the person with the best sigs just so I can win, and best sig maker!
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park
    UIX

Best RCT 2 Park
    Walt Disney Escape (corkscrewed)

Best Parkmaker
    Nate

Best Ridemaker
    Fatha

Best Overall Themer
    Pyro

Best NE Moderator
    Iris

Best Overall Member
    Mantis

Most Overrated Park
    IOAH

Most Overrated Member
    is that overrated parkmaker ??!?!?!?

Spammer of the Year
    QOSTA - 2002

Asshole of the Year
    Duke

Worst NE Moderater
    hmm....who cares
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Spammer of the Year
    QOSTA - 2002

Score!
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    Interesting.
    People think I'm best ridemaker.
    Tight.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Voting for nominees closes on Thursday, so hurry up and get your votes in for the nominees...

Bitches leave...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Is it alright if I change my vote for best RCT2 Park to Gila, if it doesn't have to be a megapark or anything? That would be a better choice in hindsight.

Shame not many parkmakers are voting, could be a chance to see some opinions out of bashing context!
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park: Harakiri's IOA
    Best RCT 2 Park:
    Best Parkmaker: Mantis
    Best Ridemaker: Nevis
    Best Overall Themer: Fatha
    Best NE Moderator: Mantis
    Best Overall Member: Mantis

Most Overrated Park: None every park is good in its own way
    Most Overrated Member: God that Mantis kid :)
    Spammer of the Year: Glitch :)
    Asshole of the Year: Me
    Worst NE Moderater: Me
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park: Universal's Outrage (for now)
    Best RCT 2 Park: Right... :rolleyes:
    Best Parkmaker: X-sector
    Best Ridemaker: Mantis (active member, that is)
    Best Overall Themer: Coaster Ed
    Best NE Moderator: Iris, duh :p
    Best Overall Member: I would think that would be implied...ahem...

Most Overrated Park: IOA Hollywood (honestly I dislike it more every time I open it)
    Most Overrated Member: Stupid-Git (extends 2 sentence arguments about stuff I really don't give a crap about to novels. Ultimately, a waste of time.)
    Spammer of the Year: Mike Robbins, for posting the following within the last month: two pictures of Richard Simmons proclaiming he's gay.) ;)
    Asshole of the Year: George Stienbrenner
    Worst NE Moderater: I don't really know, I guess.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park
    Cydonia City

Best RCT 2 Park
    i dunno.

Best Parkmaker
    Mala

Best Ridemaker
    Mala

Best Overall Themer
    Mantis

Best NE Moderator
    Mantis

Best Overall Member (the punnage!)
    Mantis

Most Overrated Park
    i dunno...

Most Overrated Member
    Ron Jeremy

Spammer of the Year
    glitchy... yup.

Asshole of the Year
    bah.

Worst NE Moderater
    um... ADIX! :p

and my own category:
    sexiest member (teehee! punnage again!)
    MANTIS! ;)X
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Votes for the nominees will be tallied tonight, so if you are going to vote, do so.
    Domo!!!

Raven-SDI
    §
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Best RCT Park- Aurora's Bay
    Best RCT 2 Park- So far? Um....New World Adventures
    Best Parkmaker- PyroPenguin
    Best Ridemaker- CoasterEd
    Best Overall Themer- PyroPenguin
    Best NE Moderator-fatha'
    Best Overall Member-OZONE

Most Overrated Park-Mount Sinister
    Most Overrated Member-QOTSA
    Spammer of the Year-Pym
    Asshole of the Year-QOTSA
    Worst NE Moderater-?
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    i am nominated.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Most Overrated Member-QOTSA

How might one be overrated when nobody gives a fuck about them anyway?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading