Micro Madness 2014 / Micro Madness 2014 Adjusted Seeds & Bracket

• Louis!%s's Photo

MM2_final3.png

limited space, unlimited madness

ANNOUNCEMENT

Due to not receiving the full 64 entries we were hoping for, we have made the decision to adjust the way the contest is run. To ensure that each match up is a match up of 4, we have changed the bracket into a contest of 48 rather than 64. This means we have 12 matches of 4 in the first round rather than 16. We received an odd number of entries (47) and so one of these matches will in fact be a match of 3. A winner and a runner up will progress from each match eliminating half of the field for the second round. The second round is a death match. Only the winner from each match will progress to the semi-finals, followed by 2 wild card entries. The grand final will then consist of the winner and runner up from each semi-final.

We have also had to adjust the seeds to make the contest work as a lot of the higher seeds had unfortunately dropped out. There are now 6 of each seed rather than 8.

Please make sure you check the new seeds and new bracket in the original topic here.

Thankyou for your co-operation and enjoy the first round voting!

• Liampie%s's Photo
    In case anyone was wondering, here is a list of everyone who dropped out, sorted by old seeding:

- Robbie92
    - Pacificoaster
    - Loopy
    - ][ntamin22
    - Sey
    - Milo
    - rawrylol
    - Coupon
    - SSSammy
    - In:Cities
    - ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt
    - JJ
    - Kevarchitect
    - Da_Cool
    - CreepingMan
    - GammaZero
    - Chrixz
    - papaya
    - Mr.Brightside711
    - Twistedsteel (reserve)
    - AvanineCommuter (reserve)
    - BasDeBeer (reserve)
    - Cuervo (reserve)
    - GeertD (reserve)
    - RCTBeast (reserve)

Looks like a depressing list, but the drop outs were spread quite evenly over the seedings, so the overall quality of the contest hasn't dropped, as you may have noticed. As far as I've seen, the quality will not drop with the other matches either. The player field is really solid. :)
  • Louis!%s's Photo

And the entries we've had have been fantastic.

Just a word of warning though, please use this topic for discussion on this change and use the other topic for general talk, otherwise we will end up with numerous conversations all going on at the same time.

• Kumba%s's Photo

My bad on all the dropouts. They wanted none of the champ. It was my entering that gave them no hope and led to the coward's way out :p

I need to leave for work in 20 mins, so kindly put up my match-up already! :kumbasgreen:

• Louis!%s's Photo

We are spreading the match ups out over several days. We cannot say when your match up will go live :p

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    I don't think there's any room in this topic for anyone else to post. Ya know. Because of the size of kumbas ego..
  • Faas%s's Photo

His ego certainly won't fit on 225 tiles, that's for sure. 

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    ... My god we need a like button. Hahahahahahahaha
  • nin%s's Photo

At first I got scared thinking mine hadn't been received haha. Didn't realize it was day-by-day. Shame on that list of drop outs, there are a ton of names I'd have liked seen in this comp.

• trav%s's Photo

Yeah, afraid I just didn't have the motivation to finish mine. Not gonna make any excuses about my computer blowing up or any of that bullshit, I just couldn't figure out how to make it look like I wanted it in my head and got very frustrated. It's about 2 thirds done, with the majority of the architecture being done, but none of the 'additional details' which I just couldn't figure out how to get looking right.

The micro was Colombia from Bioshock Infinite, set across several islands with a few airships and the like floating around. Maybe I'll finish it when I figure out a nice way of making the airships, but we'll see. I guess it's time to finish Furius Bacon.

Sad to see the other dropouts though, a few big names in there.

• Ling%s's Photo

So for voting, will you add all votes from each poll and then compare totals to determine who goes on? For instance in the Liampie/Poke/Stoksy/Noah match Stoksy is leading both polls but overall that just puts him 1st at 26 and Liampie 2nd at 23.

• robbie92%s's Photo

Sorry guys, motivation for me ran out quickly after my initial attempts at my micro were plagued by error trappers, with any subsequent attention during dwindling RCT time being spent on BGA. Well, that and getting my drink on in the city during my free time.

My micro would've been a take on Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Think tall, think dystopian bottom with a utopian pinnacle, and think very architecture-heavy.

• Louis!%s's Photo

So for voting, will you add all votes from each poll and then compare totals to determine who goes on? For instance in the Liampie/Poke/Stoksy/Noah match Stoksy is leading both polls but overall that just puts him 1st at 26 and Liampie 2nd at 23.

This exactly.
  • trav%s's Photo

So how would that work if you had a 3 way tie? 

For example, the Jimmy/Pizza/FK/Walto match up is pretty close atm. Adding the votes together you get 10 for FK, 12 for Jimmy and 12 for Pizza, could very possibly end up as a 3 way tie.

• Louis!%s's Photo
    If it's a straight tie break, I guess we will work it out when it comes to it. Possibly the person with the most 1st place votes would go through, we haven't really discussed it yet, we will if it happens.

A tie can happen in any instance, no matter how we do the votes, it's something that just happens sometimes.
  • trav%s's Photo

True that a tie can happen in any situation, it just seems a little odd that, for example, FK might be able to get through with six 1st place votes and six 2nd place votes, while someone else has eleven 1st place votes and someone else has ten 2nd place votes.

Not sure how it'd be overcome without overhauling the voting system though so no worries. I'll trust your guys judgement for if it comes to that ;)

• Louis!%s's Photo
    We had been considering weighting the first place votes.

But then we see these two polls more as an opportunity to vote more than once rather than voting for a winner and a second place.

So we decided against it
  • inthemanual%s's Photo
    What happens if someone votes for the same person for both first and second?
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    Neither votes would be counted and possible future disqualification.

Also, this isn't the main discussion or question topic lol not your fault imanual but yeh haha
  • Austin55%s's Photo

My micro would've been a take on Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Think tall, think dystopian bottom with a utopian pinnacle, and think very architecture-heavy.

I MUST see this.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading