RCT Discussion / Has anyone tried to recreate nemesis?

• Richie%s's Photo

Has anyone tried to recreate nemesis at alton towers uk? I have been playing around trying to get a layout but cannot get it right at all and i have given up lol

Or if anyone wants to give it a go i would love to see your attempts.

Attached Image: nemaerial.jpg

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yes, I have a layout somewhere. I'm not sure if I still have it though.

It came out a bit larger than I wanted so I never used it and I don't think it was as good as it could be.

I'll try again at some point.

Hell i'll try again for you when I get some time.

• Richie%s's Photo

Did you build it with a diagonal lift or a right turn out of the station?

Ill give it another try later

• Louis!%s's Photo

Pretty sure I went for a right turn out of the lift.

• posix%s's Photo

The amount of fandom this coaster receives from you Brits is immense. It's been recreated countless times ever since RCT1 came out. The whole "Inverted coaster" type is based on it in the first place I would think.

• Ling%s's Photo

Well considering it is literally in Chris Sawyer's Alton Towers recreation...

• Louis!%s's Photo

^I think he meant any one of us.

Not has anyone built a shitty attempt at Nemesis? :p

• Liampie%s's Photo

I think I've got Loopy's unfinished rec somewhere. Very old and not too good. I don't think it's possible without either a VERY awkward and bad layout or some creative liberties.

I've always wanted to give it a try myself; almost did it a few years back for the cancelled Eftel Towers 2 park. I still want to do some AT-shit sometime. Air is definitely happening before I die.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    I seem to recall that the big issues have always been the lack of large corkscrews and the ridiculously tight radius on the turnaround before the loop - same issues that plague B:tR recreations.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I think the real problem would be the zero-g over the station. If we had a diagonal zero g element I don't doubt we could create a good rec with ease.

• Louis!%s's Photo

Yeah, I took creative liberty and had the zero-g going over the turn out of the station rather than going over the station itself.

• Richie%s's Photo

I had a diagonal track with a couple of bankings to imitate the zero-g over the station at one point in my attempt ha ha

The only other idea I've had is a diagonal station and brake run, just hack it so there's no station and let it run a continuous loop. Any way of adding brakes onto diagonal track?

And i looked at the LL attempt, i chose to ignore it lol

• Richie%s's Photo

The amount of fandom this coaster receives from you Brits is immense. It's been recreated countless times ever since RCT1 came out. The whole "Inverted coaster" type is based on it in the first place I would think.

It's by far my favourite rollercoaster i have ever been on, when i stayed in the park hotel and got early entry, i must have rode it 6-7 times before the queue started and i had to get off. 

• Liampie%s's Photo

The only other idea I've had is a diagonal station and brake run, just hack it so there's no station and let it run a continuous loop. Any way of adding brakes onto diagonal track?

Shoestring?

I think the problem with a diagonal station/brake section is how to make the zero-g-roll and the looping cross. The zero-g-roll and the looping need to be at an angle and surely a 90 degree angle will fuck up the rest of the layout too much.

• Hepta%s's Photo

^Yeah it's definitely possible with a shoestring, you can even make a working station, though the entrance where the peeps go to will be in a different place. 

But Liam's right, there would need to be some creative things done with the loop. I might give it a shot later tonight, sans shoestring, just for fun.

The ride just amazes me, I've always wanted to ride it. Wish there were some designers out there like Wardley nowadays to help design some similarly intense rides for B&M.

• Louis!%s's Photo

WARDLEY DIDN'T DESIGN THE FUCKING RIDE. B&M DID.

Christ it annoys me how many times I have to say this on this damn site lol

Wardley is not an engineer. He is an artist. Yes he was in charge of the design team at Towers, but that was all he was. He created the theme, yes he had to make the decision to build into the land, but it wasn't him that sat down and designed the coaster.

• Ling%s's Photo

Bolliger & Mabillard do not design rides, they manufacture them...

Ingenieur Büro Stengel GmbH designs most modern rides, and they are responsible for the design of both Nemesis and Air.

• Louis!%s's Photo

^Yeah, ok, but this is still the same thing though. It wasn't Wardley that designed the ride. He went to B&M with an idea, they outsourced the idea to Stengel and they designed the layout.

• Hepta%s's Photo

Anyways, here's my brief take on the layout. The turn after the zero-g into the loop is too big and not at the right angle but the rest is pretty on target.

Attached Image: SCR38.PNG

• Loopy%s's Photo

I think I've got Loopy's unfinished rec somewhere. Very old and not too good. I don't think it's possible without either a VERY awkward and bad layout or some creative liberties.

I've always wanted to give it a try myself; almost did it a few years back for the cancelled Eftel Towers 2 park. I still want to do some AT-shit sometime. Air is definitely happening before I die.

Would you mind uploading my version? Wouldn't mind having another go at it at some point. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading