RCT Discussion / Roomie's Christmas Giveaway 2014

• Roomie%s's Photo

Christmasy.png

Hello All.

Anyone who's been here a few years will remember my Christmas Giveaways from previous holiday seasons and as it's been a couple of years since the last one and with no Official competition this year I felt it was time to bring it back.

The Competition

The competition has two main rules. As we've had a micro contest this year It will be a ride type contest this year. So in the interest of keeping it compact and easily finish able in the month or so we have until Christmas it....

1) Must be a wild mouse type. Wood, Steel, Spinning or Inverted.

2) Must be a theme about or connected to Christmas in some way

Also some additional notes

- No work bench so any size map is fine

- Use either RCT 1 or 2

- Mustn't have been released before

- Entries to be sent to me at rollerc@hotmail.com by Christmas Day 

- Have fun 

- 1 entry per person

Prizes

Unfortunately this year I don't have a signed copy or RCT but i do have a whole goodie bag of merchandise from parks around the world. Prizes include but are not limited to, Disney Mystery Manor Pin, Tower Of Terror 2 Snow Globe, Gravity Max Playing Cards, Sea World Drinks Coasters, Luna Park Sydney DVD, Sunway Lagoon Fridge Magnet, Abyss USB Stick, Happy Valley Ant Toy, DisneySea Monorail Train & Of course some copies of RCT & LL.

In theory I will have enough to give every single properly completed entry something from the Christmas Goodie Bag. So this year everyones a winner.  However 3 Judges will rank the entries in order and the highest scoring entry will win. Whoever's first gets first pick, second gets second pick and so on until the end. 

Winners will be announced ASAP after Christmas day. Depending on how busy our 3 judges are :)

SO GET BUILDING

Notes:

- Please don't let this take too much time away from your normal projects. NE will always need new accolade submissions

- Have Fun, I don't want to see any arguing or bickering in this thread. It will be Christmas after all.

• Lotte%s's Photo

would a sinterklaas submission count? afterall santa claus is derrived from the dutch sinterklaas holiday

• nin%s's Photo

My lord those prizes sound amazing. I'm in.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    Whether competing or not, I think we can all agree Roomie is a gentleman and a scholar.
  • Stoksy%s's Photo

Love you Roomie! <3

Will try to finish something.

• Austin55%s's Photo

You is all going down. 

• Liampie%s's Photo

I want LESS projects, but it's really tempting to compete in this. Awesome contest again Roomie. Love the wild mouse objective. Forces you to be creative... Surely no one thinks a copy paste wild mouse layout will suffice here. I'll ban anyone who dares to submit an ordinary wild mouse.

• FullMetal%s's Photo

Tempting.

• Roomie%s's Photo

would a sinterklaas submission count? afterall santa claus is derrived from the dutch sinterklaas holiday

Can't see why not :) It's Christmas related so go for it. 

• posix%s's Photo

Awesome job Roomie, as always. Thank you.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

hell yeah, it's back!

the wild mouse thing is a turn-off but an interesting twist nonetheless

• Roomie%s's Photo
    Attached Image: IMAG0996.jpg

An example of some of the things in the pot.
  • JJayMForce%s's Photo

Wow, kind of you, Roomie!  I wish I had more time to make something.  I don't go to many parks, so having any of these would be very cool.

I will really try and get a good entry in.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'd like to make something too, but I'm quite busy these days...Hopefully I can come up with something. I think I got an idea!

Did you post this at reddit too?

• Lotte%s's Photo

Did you post this at reddit too?

careful now, don't want to be elitist...

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

This is a great idea! Wild mouse will certainly be tricky.

• Lotte%s's Photo

for real though liam, if i were roomy i wouldn't mention i was from NE, just that i was hosting it there. some new people tend to be scared away, and i can't even imagine what people like these would think of NE (though they'd probably just throw a fit and leave, making butthurt comments about us on reddit). it's definitely a good idea, there's a few good builders that don't frequent NE but are active on /r/rct, but be careful

• csw%s's Photo
    Please don't bring reddit drama to NE...it's good enough here without it.
  • Lotte%s's Photo

can you imagine if NE were to get daily screens of the same quality that /r/rct receives? that would suck ass

• FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

Roomie, i'm sincerely sorry i won't be able to enter this year. I would love to defend my only LL park, but alas, it just hasn't been the year. Hopefully i can do you, the King of LL, right, by attempting to finish my LL design sometime in the next year. Till then, thank you, as always, for hosting this event.