H2H7 / The Draft Log

• Roomie%s's Photo

Here's the log of the draft for those that missed it. Sorry to those who missed out.

http://www.vhcoaster...2015/02/log.txt

Here is to the best H2H ever.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

on a scale of 1 to keith richards, how intoxicated are you right now, dave?

• Louis!%s's Photo

Already been posted roomie by ][22 but still, thanks nonetheless :P

• Roomie%s's Photo

balls. 

i'd go with a 7 though :p

• csw%s's Photo
    Plot twist: he typed all of this himself. time stamps included.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

Wow, what a draft! Lets get this train rolling!

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    I once again made a brief cameo in the middle due to poor timing :p
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Just after being picked too :p

• Hepta%s's Photo

Wow just read through the chat log, great draft!

Would have loved to be on your team Roomie, I'm bummed i had to drop out.

But these teams look fabulous, can't wait for the season to start!!

• Kumba%s's Photo

Just so you guys know, to pick the draft order Louis asked us to each send him a list with were we wanted to pick. Seems I was the only one that picked 1st as my top choice.

Pac was always my clear choice. I figured he owed me one after DAW, lol. Gee joining made it a little harder, but imo Pac might be more active and I knew of quite a few guys he would like to work with. I even checked with him on whether his "dream team" post was really in a ranking order and it was. I had already been talking with nin, but now it seemed even more important we get on the same page. When he missed the chance to be a captain, it was the first time I had seen nin angry. Could an angry nin be better? I concluded that he would be much better angry at the contest and with pac as a teammate to motivate him. Picking nin 2nd was a must and one I have no regrets about.

During the draft I was on AIM with nin. He was calling for Shotguns, but I really had to consider Walto (who was a notch higher than Shogo on Pac's list) and imo Six Frags is a real force. SF had been telling me he would slip and to try and get him late, so I decided to try waiting on him. Shogo vs. Walto... damn, my hardest pick. I know Shotguns is super active. Walto had expressed that he wanted a new experience this season. Nin is spamming for Shotguns... Had to go with all the signs pointing to him.

Coupon is very underrated and has a style that can work very well with the prior picks. He might have been the easiest pick of the draft. At the break, I noticed my team was all American players. I needed to shift gears to Europe for a supporting cast. I recall someone had sey ranked as a R1 pick. His insane level of detail and ultra realistic style could work great with this team and he was also something of an easy pick.

I really noticed that Arjan started to improve fast last year. He is also a great object maker and European. I saw too much value to pass him up. Some would say his style does not fit, but I have seen lots of guys adjust in H2H. I don't have any doubt he's going to be a great member of the team. RCT2Day had contacted me about being a Hurricane. I know he's really only shown NCSO work, but it's the best I have ever seen. He's super creative with it and too skilled to pass on. Had to take this one last American to make sure my team has the top talent level.

Those top pick messages annoyed me a little since they tip-off captains. Almost all had Colorado-Fan on them and I took notice. I knew he was a popular German parkmaker and a few people really wanted him on the sign-up list. Frankly, I procrastinated and didn't research everyone like I should have. All signs pointed to C-F, so he was an instant pick. Rofl was the first to PM me after my "Want to be a Hurricane?" topic, so that scored him some points. I liked his screens too. Basically having no idea about everyone left, I went with him. I have got some really good work from my last pick in the past and think he's going to contribute well to the team. 

Overall, I am very happy with my draft. I feel I got a lot of great talent at a discount and my team is full of guys that can work well together.

Time to bring the Championship back to the Hurricanes! :kumbasgreen:

• nin%s's Photo
    True Life: I am a Hurricane.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Again ;)

• Cocoa%s's Photo

lets play a fun game called who I think got the best pick of each round.

R1: I think I'm gonna have to give it to Kumba with pacificoaster. but, 5dave is a real close second for roomie.

R2: well obviously I'm biased here :p. This is actually a really tight round of people with similar styles. If Fisch is as active as we was last h2h I'm gonna give to Liam, because Fisch is like my palette mentor. point to liam.

R3: taking a double risk with LL and with less activity, I'm still a super Loopy fan so gonna give this pick to Trav.

R4: its a touch choice between coupon and johnny93. johnny works more of in my style, but coups is clean and realistic and recently active... gonna give it to coups I think, more reliable. point to trav

R5: well I see the potential in coasterbill all the way. I think he has what it takes. If it weren't for coasterbill's recent releases, though, I'd snag incities, who I'm surprised went as far down as he did. but, six frags sneaks his way in (or am I getting confused?) and six frags is a real solid bet for h2h. so point to kumba

R6: I think this one goes to liam with sulakke.

R7: between Rene and Seb, I can't really remember who is who in the european parkmaker scene. Seb I guess, so chalk another one for rob. minus points for getting them both confused in the forums constantly

R8: wow there's actually some really good players this round. possibly I'll choose gdb for consistent realism and clean style. reliability, too. but austin and colorado-fan are close. point to trav.

R9: after a relatively packed r8, I don't really know anyone here. I guess bigshootersgill for his recent activity. all about the same though, great for filling in unfinished gaps in a pinch. point to liam

best replacement? probably... corkscrewy.

so:

kumba: 2

liam: 3

trav: 3

rob: 1

itm gets an honorary point for having me

guess itm and roomie lost the draft by my logic

also, this makes my ideal team (sort of?)

me captain

pacificoaster

fisch

loopy

coupon

six frags

sulakke

seb

gdb

bigshootersgill

this is fun because its a much more realistic dream team IMO. except I would never draft loopy with no other LL'ers to build with, thats so sad. unless I wanted to force him to work with me... sneaky

• Six Frags%s's Photo

^I was actually picked by Liampie in r3, and traded to kumba in a 3-way trade with sey (kumba's r5 pick) and tolsimir (robbie's r6 pick).. Wonder if that would change your team :p

• Seb%s's Photo
    Do people confuse me with Rene???
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Hey, I'm honored that you picked me out of the r9 group Cocoa. Thanks! I know that round was tough with all the good players eaten up by then, still glad to be on a sweet team!

• Kumba%s's Photo
    R4: its a touch choice between coupon and johnny93. johnny works more of in my style, but coups is clean and realistic and recently active... gonna give it to coups I think, more reliable. point to trav

Um, I drafted Coups, why you giving Trav my point?

We were pretty lucky to have a good draft. I love to procrastinate and waited till a few hours before the draft to look at work by lesser known players... which is when NE was put offline for the chat...fuck! :lol:

Whatever, it worked out quite well. While I know they are not the biggest names and don't come with a ton of finished work I think getting nin and Shotguns 2/3 made my team very strong. They have been great so far and will put out some very high quality work this season.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Oops sorry kumba, you get an extra point instead of Trav
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo

The Rat Pack got zero points. D:

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    ^I'm cool with us being underdogs haha

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading