Music Forum / SHOW UR MIDIs U MADE!

• Vert45%s's Photo
    ok, some of you have Fruity Loops, send ur midis here.
    :bandit:
    NOTE: SFK IS GOOD, LETS HEAR UR STUFF, MAN!....but could Kirii be BETTER?
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Once I re-download 3.5.6, I'll show you my shit, which'll own all yourz.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    I would, but the demo won't let me save, and I can't even fucking download it (for some reason, I can't quite figure out). And I'm not paying that price for a dumb midi program!

Tinny drums and even more tinny 'piano-esque' thingies aren't worth the price they're charging (most likely). So, yeah. I'll see if I can get it off Kazaa, then maybe you'll see something from me.

I'm good at making music though! Promise. Yeah... sort of.
  • Vert45%s's Photo
    hey, watch out for the handy virus it is spreadding around most FruityLoop files if u have norton will repair but you will have to redownload... :rolleyes:

and i never used FL so im sure you will pwn me at it
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Try Reason. It will own all your good damn FL crap. Its leet to the extreme and 1.5 gigs big.

Learn the Greatness of Reason: PropellerHead Software.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Cakewalk's a good program too. :yup:
  • Vert45%s's Photo
    reason= D.A.M.N!
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Yeah, I have the ReBirth software, pretty cool ish.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Reason is the best. Really. And dont try to find it on KaZaA because you wont. Good times.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    I found ReBirth on KaZaA...
  • Vert45%s's Photo
    im using IRC to get reason
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

I found ReBirth on KaZaA...

Gee, how do you get Reason out of ReBirth? It's not there.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Fruity Loops sucks, or perhaps its just me. I don't really 'get' the program, and it doesn't seem to really fit my musical abilities either. It seems more aimed at musicians than anything.

And I'm not a musician! I'm a producer, remixer, and the like.

It what I'm good at, and it's what I enjoy doing. Taking audio files and layering them, mixing them, and turning bits and peices into brilliant works of music.

And that's why I use a crummy demo version of Acid. I would use a better version, but, I can't afford it :(.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

Fruity Loops sucks, or perhaps its  just me. I don't really 'get' the program, and it doesn't seem to really fit my musical abilities either. It seems more aimed at musicians than anything.

And I'm not a musician! I'm a producer, remixer, and the like.

It what I'm good at, and it's what I enjoy doing. Taking audio files and layering them, mixing them, and turning bits and peices into brilliant works of music.

And that's why I use a crummy demo version of Acid. I would use a better version, but, I can't afford it :(.

Acid is so fun. And no, Im not talking about the drug, Kirii would know about that.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Yeah, Acid is cool. Would be better if I could use more than just 10 tracks, had more than 20 mp3 saves and could save in the other formats at something a little higher than 56kps.

Might also be nice if I didn't have only the most basic of functions. Oh... whatever. I'm just hoping that I'll get an Acid Planet remix-contest entry worth posting at the site, and that it will win, and I'll get a good prize, like, um, Acid Pro, or something.

Yes. That would be cool... probably won't happen though.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    CG. Its on KaZaA. You can find it, I promise.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    Yes, but I fucking hate using Kazaa. Particularly when I already have a version of the goddamned program. However, if you insist...
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    Yes.
    You don't understand FL.
    It's for arranging songs.
    The fuck-faces usually put less notes, and musical value into it, and use 10,000 different fucking effects.
    Dammit. FL does not suck.
    You haven't seen its full extent.
    You haven't seen its extraordinary time signature options.
    You haven't seen its wonderful snapping abilities.
    This was not made for idiots to edit songs, which they did not make.
    A remix = No musical talent
  • OPhilisspiffyO%s's Photo
    All of you shut the fuck up...
  • cg?%s's Photo

A remix = No musical talent.

Wonderful. Great to hear. Now you can go shove it up your ass. Production is a very important part of music, and it is the part I specialize in.

Also, I can make music from scratch and I can make it good. I just didn't understand the interface of the program. Sorry.

Maybe reading the instructions would help, but I did, and it didn't.

However to say remixing requires no talent, is simply a load of bullshit. Yes, most remixes are just the same damned song. However a good remix completely reinvents it from the ground up.

Using elements of one song to create a new, and different one.

This doesn't require the same type of talent as, say, Fruity Loops does, but it does require talent. And it is the type of talent I have.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading