• In:Cities
    • Six Frags
    • geewhzz
    • Dirk Pitt
    Percentage of vote: 23.53%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

post-10985-0-59536900-1428083604_thumb.p

Round 5 | Match 3

Attached Image: 193px_heavensatlas.png VS Attached Image: 193px_ManualLaborers.png

Heaven's Atlas - Seven Wonders of the Ancient World (RCTLL)

2048.png

VS

Manual Laborers - Costa del Maya

2047.png

How to vote:
    - This season we're back to using polls to count the votes. THE POLL WILL OPEN IN 24 HOURS.
    - Everyone but players belonging to either team in the match may vote.
    - You can only vote if you have viewed both parks in game.
    - Voting will be monitored and anyone found to be abusing votes in any way will be punished.

NEW RULE: next match will be posted in 24 hours, on the condition that the first match has at least 15 reviews of both parks. If not, the next match will be posted in 48 hours instead of 24.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Pulling out the Spinx ass as an LL dome trick I see... interesting. Going in-game now...

• Liampie%s's Photo
    The first comment in this thread is about asses. Classic Kumba. :p
  • Mr.Brightside711%s's Photo

Wow that roller soaker!

• trav%s's Photo

First look impressions:

Heaven's Atlas' park has an amazing opening area. Like truly beautiful. But the rest of the park isn't anywhere near the same standards. 

The big chute in the Man Labs park is amazing, but again, the rest of the park isn's up to standards. 

I'll give them a more in depth look as soon as I can, but I'm quite underwhelmed considering the quality from these teams so far.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Another great match-up!

I really like the innovativeness of Costa del Maya, it's what I kinda expect and love about H2H; just new ways of using not commonly known rides/objects or ways to build things/hack. I never seen those tube rides/lazy river/raft ride before and to use them this way in a water park couldn't be done better. Too bad Cenote Swirl and the Rollersoaker weren't peep friendly, but on the other hand I really like the peepfriendlyness on Rockslide Ravine, so awesome you synchronized the tubes to race with each other! It really worked. Kulku's Flight was awesome as well. Great interaction with the surroundings and other rides, I imagine riding it will be a blast! Love how it circled around that bigtree too.. Piccu's Plunge reminded me of the big slide at the Disney Water park, would be so awesome to stand there atop the mountain and make that big plunge through the cave. Diamonback/Python/Cobra was great as well, some nice duelling going on there.. Only minor thing I didn't really was the underwheling entrance area, it just seemed a bit bare and underdetailed compared to the other stuff on the map..

Seven Wonders was a great park as well. Like with Costa del Maya, I loved how you guys thought of new inventive ways to build things. Don't know how you did it, but the use of the 'Spinx asses' the create a new roof texture was really clever and it looked great too. Much more aesthetically pleasing than just a bare flat roof. Also the little top of the pyramid to create this spire like structure on top of towers is another inventive way to create more aesthetics. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon was great, i think I liked that area better than the whole of the Stallions Babylon park :p Loved Herostratus too, again, nice interaction with rest of the park. The Zeus and Colossus statue were kinda meh though.

This will be the toughest one to vote so far for me.. Great job again guys!

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Too bad Cenote Swirl and the Rollersoaker weren't peep friendly, but on the other hand I really like the peepfriendlyness on Rockslide Ravine, so awesome you synchronized the tubes to race with each other!

Everything in the park is technically "peepable", just some issues arose around certain rides. Cenote Swirl and Landslide Lurch have issues with path connectivity which prevent them from operating properly. The rollersoaker was previously peepable, but at some point a glitch developed in which peeps boarding the ride would walk to the map edge, and then cause an error trap.
  • disneylandian192%s's Photo

Its really exciting to see so many LL parks this season!

• G Force%s's Photo

Really like the concept of the Heaven's park, the wonders themselves were done very well considering its LL. 

Not really sure about the Manual Laborer's park, there's some cool stuff here but it just seems a little bare and simple for my tastes.  Every peep having a tan shirt really confused me as well, seeing as the whole park was tan.  Nice to see all these new custom rides though, definitely add something to the park.

I'll hopefully post a full review later for both parks.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

G Force, you got the teams backwards. The tan shirts were meant to simulate shirtless peeps, like you'd see in a waterpark.

• Austin55%s's Photo

The last parks of round robin :(

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

Ahhh, that makes sense.  I was wondering the same thing while viewing, nice touch!

• robbie92%s's Photo

Canvas awnings... Aw yiss

• G Force%s's Photo

G Force, you got the teams backwards. The tan shirts were meant to simulate shirtless peeps, like you'd see in a waterpark.

Ohhhhhhhh ohh oh, and thanks. 

• djbrcace1234%s's Photo

I still think all of our peeps should have been nude...

• Cocoa%s's Photo

Yeah! some classic LL! love it. Solid park all around heaven's atlas. Some inspired object use, like the sphinx's butt and the little pyramids in babylon. Each area was very unique feeling (which is impressive for a classical themed park) with nice atmosphere, architecture etc. I think the two statues were sort of shitty but I understand that trackitecture is time consuming and difficult. Otherwise, I really enjoyed perusing this park, its nothing grand but just really pleasant and well put together.

• Kumba%s's Photo

7 Wonders - A very old idea and in an old style. I liked it tho. Such a throwback park, this looks like it could be from 10 years ago, but with come nice recent codex touches. Herostratus was a good coaster. The entry was nice. The colossus was pretty meh, tho love the deatil on whatever it his he's holding. Babylon was pretty expected just not too impressive, it's been done so much in RCT you'd really need to break the mold. Overall, I was happy to see a fully finshed park and I did enjoy the overall classic vibe.

Del Maya - Well, yeah clearly rushed/unfinished. Still, this park had its moments like Sidewinder/Landslide Lurch, Chac and the beach area for the wave pool was awesome. Overall, the park was overly sloppy and it seemed like some different building styles were conflicting with each other and failed to flow. Would love to see this get finished.

This is pretty close and a good reason why we now wait 24 hours to add the poll.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Such is the curse of water parks in H2H apparently. First Calypso Quay and now this haha. They're very hit and miss for me, this wasn't quite there I think. Probably because it seems very rushed/unfinished as Kumba says. Still, excited to see what both teams build for the finals!

Am looking forward to seeing how HA did the hanging gardens ;)

• chorkiel%s's Photo

7 wonders - I liked it quite a lot. Some parts more than others, but overall this was a solid park.

Del Maya - actually, this bored me. I was pretty much done after like 10 minutes in this park. I had nothing I wanted to explore anymore or that I wanted to look at up close.

Kind of an easy vote for 7 wonders which, depending on the share of [builder] is a very solid start in LL.

• MCI%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p9slgD_WQQ

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading