Custom Scenery Exchange / New object site

• rctnut%s's Photo
    This is a new site for a new creator. He's done some great work and has some great stuff going on for the future. It's very much worth a look.

Tom25489 Scenary
  • Brent%s's Photo

This is a new site for a new creator.

Is that so? I can't tell, his graphics look so advanced that not even Glitchwolf's stuff rivals it.

He's done some great work and has some great stuff going on for the future.

No he hasn't. He's done some of the worst work I've ever seen, and his future work that he has posted at his site will also be very craptacular after seeing some screens.

It's very much worth a look.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Why'd I look. I'm scarred for life now.
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    :|

He's done some of the worst work I've ever seen, and his future work that he has posted at his site will also be very craptacular after seeing some screens.

1) so where's the best work you've ever seen?
    2) i don't have any future work at my site
    3) so what could make it better?
    4) rctnut/buckone has said the screens don't show them very well...he has the objects so he knows what they actually like.
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo
    i don't like it.

Its not worth my time too download... 8@
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    all the screens are previews...not the final theme...so i'm going to expect some negitive comments (so far its positive ..but that's from 'friendly RCT2.com')

this question doesn't seem to be answered though

or "what would make them good?" if you think they aren't gd at all.
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo

all the screens are previews...not the final theme...so i'm going to expect some negitive comments (so far its positive ..but that's from 'friendly RCT2.com')

this question doesn't seem to be answered though

or "what would make them good?" if you think they aren't gd at all.

they're ugly and messy...

i think that sums it up... :yup:
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    here are the actual objects on their own

Posted Image
  • i c ded pplz%s's Photo
    like i said...

Ugly...

The edges are not smooth and the water tiles are down right awful.

They need lots of work... :rolleyes:
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    although negitive....thanks for the comments

gd to be honest :) ... don't want to go making things ppl actually don't like although they say they are great.

Just a few things to point out though.

1) The water tile to the left of rock is placed on top of water...if positioned correctly the tile itself blends in with the water around it...so the only thing you see is the animation....so having uneven sides to that tile doesn't matter.

2) Some objects there have parts which are taken from objects in the game. (tree stump and stick roof for eample) So to say they're ugly is saying the original RCT2 objects are ugly.

3) The flowing water tiles to the right of the rock are to be changed anyway...i've only got one view working and the edges are just one colour.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    I have mixed feelings about this. Some ibjects (such as the stick walls) look like they have some good potential, while others look cartoonish and "cut-out" (cabin, rock). my number one pet peeve in custom scenery is the scenery not fitting in, meaning colours, lighting. Also, try to use many already existing objects (that came with RCT2) to make new objects. TT's work is a wonderful example of this.

Anyways, good luck!
  • tom25489%s's Photo
    thanks for the comments..

yes the rocks are catoonish/cut out......i had doubts about releasing them anyway.
    But the cabin? (or Wooden Hut) ....that isn't cut out (drawn myself using Paint) and it doesn't seem 'catoonish'.

The stick walls.......as they are done just by editing an existing object there aren't many problems you can have with them...which is probably why them seem to be gd to you. (sircursealot)

scenery not fitting in, meaning colours, lighting. Also, try to use many already existing objects (that came with RCT2) to make new objects. TT's work is a wonderful example of this.

giving some objects a 3D look (using lighting) is something that i seem to commented on sometimes. (the bonfire for example) .. i assure you the final finished theme will have the right lighting etc.

making objects using other RCT2 objects does make life easier but i try not to make every object have features off other RCT2 objects. (my Plasma Ball for example)
  • rctnut%s's Photo
    Well, well, well. When was the last time you made anything useful ded ppl. I can tell you.... never. Your crappyy parks aren't worth my download time. When's the last time you came up with something new and innovative? Hmmm, never. Your parks look the same and you can't make scenary so where do you get off blasting this guy? He's done a much better job than you and I think it's high time all the snots at this forum start making room for some new creators and park makers. Personally, your opinion doesn't count for crap. Any time I have ever seen you post you always have something mean and crappy to say. Didn't your mother teach you if you can't say something nice don't say it all? These forums were put here for folks to get creative feedback, not the crap you spout. You have the same attitude at RCT Station, NE and now RCT2.com. I don't think I've ever seen you say something nice to anyone unless it was tt, cougar or the like. Well, when was the last time TT made anything other than a wall or roof? Why don't you start cranking out some scenary and then let us treat you the way you treat other people. BTW, in case no one has noticed, this is a game, nothing more nothing less. WW's does not have the rct feel to it any longer so I pretty much think anything goes. I'm tired of this forum being so juvenile although I realize that's about all that comes here. Grow up and learn to appreciate someone for the time and creativity they put into something. You want to help? Be a little nicer. You are so rude I don't think anyone cares what you think.
  • Prince%s's Photo
    Alright:
    1.) Stop being a suck up
    2.) Dont tell others about saying negative things when your being negative also
    3.) You dont like here, as a message from eveyone here from New Element: leave. You think us being negative pisses you off, well boohoo, maybe if you took a couple minutes to proccess what has been said maybe you'll notice that some stuff is true about what we say, what ded pplz said was truthful, though harsh and blunt, truthful none the less (time out for tom: just try to make it look a little more like something ingame, like the picnic tables from wormwood, and your scenery will look great) it is pkind of ugly, and then you go jabbing at our members for not releasing anything of worth? I haven't seen anything from you rctnut, maybe thats what you are, a cooky nut, so how about doing me a favor and either accept the fact that we tell the truth at this site and stop pissing off our members, or leave. I dont know how harsh that sounded but you really pulled my trigger.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • rctnut%s's Photo
    Well, I am certainly happy I pulled your trigger. You are also one of the worst ones with your hateful comments to people. There was nothing about my post that even intimated I was sucking up to anyone, if so, who? Let me tell you why more people don't post here. Your attitude and the things and the way you say it keeps them from posting here. I personally wouldn't post a darn thing here. Why bother? Have you ever read any of the things you say to people pa? You are just as bad and I went to look at some of the parks you have made last night. Nothing to impress me. However, I don't play this game to impress someone. I play this game because I enjoy it. I don't care if anyone likes my parks or not. I make them for me. Regarding some of the objects, at what point do you take into consideration that ss's do not always show an object nor a park to it's best advantage? You can state an opinion without being rude and I have yet to see you encourage someone to do a better job without all the hatefulness. I hate to tell you this, but if you have the nerve to be rude to folks, you better be able to take it. It seems to me that you would and should try to encourage the new parkmakers and object creators without making them feel like garbage. If you can't do that, then get ready, somebody is going to tell YOU like it is too. And if you don't like it, then leave. LOL. It's that simple. Your post basically puts out the word that if we don't agree with you then we don't belong here. WRONG!!!! Change your attitude and then see if this doesn't become one of the best forums out there. At this point, you're not. People don't want to post here because of the prevailing attitude that if you don't agree with me your notta. LOL. Guess again. BTW, when did you become the spokesperson for the entire forum?

And last but not least, I actually have the dats for his objects and you know what, they are actually good. The pics on his website and ss's really do not do them justice. On top of that, when someone is asking for constructive comments, there's no need to be rude and nasty. Think about it. :lol:
  • Prince%s's Photo

It seems to me that you would and should try to encourage the new parkmakers and object creators without making them feel like garbage

I wasn't making tom feal like garbage, I was making you feel like garbage, and yes you were sucking up to tom

Change your attitude

interesting how I've been told I'm one of the nicer members, actually forget it, I'm not stooping to your level of idiocy so I shall not respond anymore, argument over...

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@

P.S. Oh and the fact that my parks didn't impress you really hurts...

P.S.S. When I say Die Nazi, if you would read thats because I am sarcastic about a Disney Conspiracy which is a joke, thank you for taking time to think before you write!
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    Agh! My eyes!

Well, maybe not THAT bad, but they are bad. You wanted some good scenery? Check out anything ToonTowner and Cougar from the Station (RIP) have made. They are the custom scenery gods, or something like that...

-Steel Falcon-
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    jesus tapdancing christ, a 2 year old must have done that cabin!
    :lol:
    just messin wit ya tom, Prince said all that was needed already, you should take his advice ;)
    oh and nut...
    Stop antagonizing our forum members with childish rants about "creative feedback", you are a pot calling the kettle black here.
    Your friend tom seems to be years ahead of you in maturity.
  • tom25489%s's Photo

You wanted some good scenery? Check out anything ToonTowner and Cougar from the Station (RIP) have made. They are the custom scenery gods, or something like that...

well they must of started somewhere
    and this is where i'm starting...in time i should improve and *maybe* get the reputation TT and Cougar have. (don't forget AmazingEarl...he's made some nice custom rides)

btw have a look at my site at the Electric Theming...those are my first objects.

Prince said all that was needed already, you should take his advice 

well i'll take any advice given if it means making them gd or pleasing someone.
    I don't know who to beleive though considering almost every reply in my 3 page topic on RCT2.com seems to be positive (can't wait for download , great etc)....while on here its negitive. (its very bad , ugly etc)
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    *slaps metal*
    well, rct2.com is a bunch of "yes-men", meaning they'd say it was good no matter what, because they don't want to hurt your feelings.
    Some people prefer this "candy coating". Here at NE, it is our BIGGEST pet-peeve
    We absolutely can't stand "robots".

This, unfortunately, has the effect of making us a little TOO blunt.
    But if you are looking for the truth about your objects, then coming here is the right choice.
    Just don't expect us to butter up our comments, we say it how it is!
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Your parks look the same and you can't make scenary so where do you get off blasting this guy?

Yeah I agree. Tropico Horizons, Auroras Bay...wow, such crappy parks. And Toon...wow, his objects are so shitty, a 2nd grader could make them. Yeah. Tis true.

:rolleyes:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading