RCT Discussion / Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic

• Louis!%s's Photo

The real RCT for mobile is here: Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic.

See links:

https://www.reddit.c...st_brought_the/

https://www.reddit.c...eature_summary/

-----------------------------------

Looks like Chris Sawyer finally dropped the secret RCT Mobile game he was working on. It's not been made official as of yet that it is him, but he was working on a game like this, so I would assume, as most are, that this is it. 

It's a mix of RCT1 & 2. 

Additional purchases are Wacky Worlds Expansion, Time Twisters Expansion and then a 'Toolkit' which is a scenario editor and Import/Export tool amongst other things.

MrBrightside has also managed to open Piano Park by Jappy in the game, so it is compatible with everything on this site. 

The only question I have is, how easy is it to actually build with touch controls? Like without the control and shift keys?

• janisozaur%s's Photo

gameplay video: https://www.youtube....h?v=v6Xc8ehzm9k

• Louis!%s's Photo

Thanks for that, I forgot to link that too. 

Still doesn't answer the question of what its like to build actual scenery. Walls, blocks, roofs etc. As far as I can imagine, it would be just like RCT1 scenery, no object stacking.

• Steve%s's Photo
    Jesus tap dancing Christ, is this legit?

edit: it is legit. Wow. If there truly is a way to have saved games that we use to build parks legitimately, this is a game changer. Especially if we could have even just zero clearances. Still amazes me that all these years later that this game is still doing new things both in the community and with the developer(s). Unreal.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Double posting because fuck it. I downloaded this and it's great. Obviously, not very easy to build with but to play casually it's incredible. I think if custom objects were available and minimal hacking like zero clearances I would build in this often when I'm away from my laptop.

As far as stacking, it is doable and fairly simple. Sometimes lining up a fence on the correct grid line can be tricky, but I can chalk that up to just needing practice. Placing objects is better than I thought too. Rather than hitting the "build" button for objects you can simply double tap on the tile you want a tree and it places it for you. Very efficient, actually. Can't confirm if tracked rides work this way but probably.

Attached Image: IMG_3552.JPG

This is what I've built thus far and it took me about 10 minutes. Why isn't everyone here all about this? It's worth the $6 I think. When I get paid Friday I will buy the option to import parks and see how that goes unless someone beats me to it.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

Thankyou Steve for taking the plunge and getting it and giving us feedback, the comments at reddit weren't giving me enough info tailored to us.

I'd love to see more on the Import options and sandbox options. 

Someone did manage to open a park from NE with custom scenery, but I'd be interested to know if you could download a workbench for example and start building with CSO.

• Steve%s's Photo

Someone did manage to open a park from NE with custom scenery, but I'd be interested to know if you could download a workbench for example and start building with CSO.

I think it's doable, actually, and something I was curious of myself. The reason I say it could be possible, is because under the options in-game there is a checkbox for "exporting objects with a save game." I don't know how you would get a park from PC to iOS, but I think this implies that the game supports the customization.

I think if Chris Sawyer listens to the feedback and updates the game regularly, this'll be a hit for both veterans and casual players alike.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

We have initial PR that adds support for saves created in RCT:C: https://github.com/O...nRCT2/pull/4905

• Louis!%s's Photo

God, the ability to use OpenRCT in conjuction with this mobile port would be fantastic (of course until Open has mobile ability itself, unless it never plans to)

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    OpenRCT2 can already run on mobile if you want it to. However, it still has the desktop UI, so it's not easy to use with a touchscreen.
  • nin%s's Photo
    I also got it today. It's a little crazy how well it translates to mobile, but as Steve mentioned it's not the fastest way to build, and people with bigger screens will probably have less "crowding" issues in terms of Windows and whatnot getting in the way. Still very fun to hear the peeps and music coming from your device instead of the typical computer monitor.

I'll also add that it IS perfect for nincso and if doesn't lead to a nincsovolution I'll be thoroughly disappointed.

Attached Image: IMG_4866.PNG
  • Steve%s's Photo
    That looks great, Kyle. Atmosphere is wonderful.

Anyone else try this yet? Very curious to hear what others think. Also wondering if anyone has tried to import parks from NE or used custom objects yet.
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Also wondering if anyone has tried to import parks from NE or used custom objects yet.

Someone on Reddit tried it

• G Force%s's Photo
    No excuses not to vote on parks now accolade panel!
  • Steve%s's Photo

Someone on Reddit tried it

Wish they explained how. Is it fairly easy to just download the park on mobile and then open it with the game? Or is it needed to use some sort of cloud service (iCloud or the Android equivalent)? I'm skeptical to pay the additional $6 for this feature, but if it's as straightforward as that, and gives us custom scenery then I'm on board.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

Adding my 2c to the discussion: it's likely that RCTC only supports embedded CSO. I don't have it to verify this hypothesis.

@X7123M3-256 contributed checksum-fixing code to OpenRCT2 which handles most cases¹, so you can embed those custom objects with invalid checksum into sv6.

¹ there are some examples of objects that slip through this algorithm.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

holy shit is it future yet? are we in the future?

• Steve%s's Photo
    Okay, bit the bullet and bought the ToolKit for the extra $6. I'm on my iPhone, and holy shit boys:

Attached Image: IMG_3554.PNG

Upon importing a message appeared saying that stability may be affected due to the custom objects and hacking (invisible huts reappear) I imagine but wow. In iOS, if you own the game, buy the ToolKit. It almost didn't work when purchasing, had to get off wifi but then it went through. Afterwards, you need to either email a sv6 or open one in Safari, and from there it prompts you to open the game and it adds the file to your saved games.

I have only messed with this very high level right now, but goddamn this is revolutionary. Especially once we get some workbenches on here.

edit: confirmed that workbenches are doable. However, so far have only gotten PT2 bench to open. I tried the H2H7 bench but was missing an Amazing Earl ride I believe, even had the invalid/missing data message like the PC game. Not sure if we are able to import objects. Maybe it's possible?
  • SSSammy%s's Photo

if you buy something on the play store can you download it on multiple devices? reason being i dont know if my phone can handle it

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

but was missing an Amazing Earl ride I believe

Those are unexportable - perhaps that's why.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading