Ask the Experts / friction settings in openrct console

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

how do I change a ride's friction settings in the console because I want a B&M wing coaster to have the same friction as a regular twister train so it would keep the same pacing

any help is appreciated

• Version1%s's Photo

https://github.com/O...T2/wiki/Console

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

thank you very much!

how do you go to the specific ride? by just using it's name or it's tag?

does anyone know the regular friction value of those coasters so I can just set it like that? I don't seem to find the value of the regular cars

or if anyone knows how to do this I can send the file so it can be adjusted to the right value

• Jappy%s's Photo

You go to the specific ride by using the ride's number from the ride list. Normally, there's a command to show you that list.

As for the standard friction, I don't know. I suggest to just experiment.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

I think I've found the friction value but I can't seem to set it to the cars as it gives an error, has anyone tried this before?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

It was pointed out to me that this value is not actually friction, it's the mass of the train. That's why a higher value makes the train more efficient. That's probably worth bearing in mind. However, OpenRCT2 has not been updated to change the name, so it's still called friction.

Normally I'd be able to tell you what the twister values are, but I'm on my laptop and can't run my program. I'm pretty sure the wing coaster is set to 500. Most coasters have values between 600 and 800.

Unless you're using an existing layout that was built to work with a twister train, and need the values to match exactly, I would just start at 600 and keep increasing it in increments of 100 until you're satisfied with the pacing.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

it is a premade layout that was tested for pacing with twister cars because I can build way better flowing layouts with these values and I like the way I can build with it instead of really lowering all my elements much faster this also because of the track piece limits so I can actually get an aesthetically pleasing coaster.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading