Music Forum / Brass players

• Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Who here is a brass player?

I play mellophone for marching band, and then trumpet at home.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    I'm outta school (long time now), but I still remember how to play the almighty TUBA.

Low brass ownz you.

LOL. :p

Kai :huey:
    For our inband concert, one of my friends in the baritone section made a sign that said "Kings Low Brass" and put it at the end of their row. That was one of the funnier moments in band.
  • Adix%s's Photo
    There IS one thing that can beat low brass.... but only one - it's called....

*drumroll*

Electric Bass
  • Steel Falcon%s's Photo
    I play F Horn in concert band and march with my B flat Horn in marching band... but I'm hoping to make drumline cuz I don't like my Bb Horn...

-Steel Falcon-
  • Stargazer%s's Photo

There IS one thing that can beat low brass.... but only one - it's called....

*drumroll*

Electric Bass

Adix you da man! Hows that Fender Zone Bass? I was wondering what its like for slap and the alike? *thinks about starting bass topic*

*Stargazer*
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    F horn. in concert band. still not sure if i wanna join up for marching band, though.

Oh, and no, all you non-musicians, the F doesnt mean what you think it does.
    FREEDOM HORN. That's what my director calls them.

Anyways, I was hesitant about marching band, but I tried it, and I like it. So yeah.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    I can play pretty much any brass instrument, but mainly trumpet. I used to play French horn and mello, but I got tired of doubling up the alto part. Fucking woodwinds... I'm also learning snare for some reason.

Steel Falcon, which F horn, and which Bb horn? There's quite a few of them.

Low Brass does, in fact, own you.

Anyone's marching band compete in USSBA? ToB?
  • Drkorcs55%s's Photo
    Well , I don't play A brass Insturment.. But I play a woodwind..

Alto Saxophone

Jazz Band Ownz you. :lol:

-Orcs :D
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Trumpet in band, trumpet in jazz band, trumpet in marching band. Our marching band kicks total butt. I live in Minnesota, so we're not like all the other marching bands. The upper midwest focuses on drills (routines or shows) to go with their music, so we don't just march around. Right. We rock. Woo!
    Does your marching band go to BOA?
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    Well I play trumpet and cornet. I play trumpet at my school and cornet in the brass band. We only have 11 people in my band, so we don't march, but we are rather loud for 11 people. I play a lot of ska stuff, and I'm trying to turn my band at school into a ska band, hopefully it works.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    BOA...?
    Bands of America...
  • Nic%s's Photo
    *girlish giggle*

American Pie 2! Band camp!

*hehe*

P.S

I'm trying to turn my band at school into a ska band, hopefully it works.

Hopefully it doesn't, for the sake of your schools reputation.
    What's wrong with ska Nic?
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

*girlish giggle*

American Pie 2! Band camp!

*hehe*

8@

Flutes.

Worthless little things.

LOL. Band camp.

Kai :huey:
  • Nic%s's Photo

What's wrong with ska Nic?

Whats right with it?

This is my opinion. I have a cool sig now.
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    Our amazing reputation as the only band in the county with less than 20 people, yeah I want to keep that reputation. There is absolutely nothing wrong with ska either, it hypes up a crowd really well, and it also fits the really crappy instrumentation of our band than anything you can buy. Try getting music for two trumpets, two really crappy baritone players, a flute, three saxophones, and a drummer who can't keep a beat for more than 10 seconds at a time. We have no reputation to hold on to, except for being the loudest band for our size.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading