H2H8 / H2H8 Round 2 Wrap-up

What is your favourite Round 2 park?

What was the best match-up of Round 2?

• Liampie%s's Photo

Round 2 Wrap-up

Below you will find the current standings for H2H8. The four teams with the most wins will proceed to the semi-finals, with the average vote percentage used as a potential tie-breaker. Strangelove, being the only team that won in Round 1 to also win in Round 2, takes the lead. Team Spacecrab, despite having one win less, has a higher percentage which puts it firmly in second place with a lot of potential to overtake Strangelove in future rounds. Heaven's Gallery, the Replacements and the Icons each have one win. The Replacements have the lowest percentage of these teams, putting them in the unfortunate fifth spot. However, the difference with the Icons is pretty minimal and meaningless! The UltraRealists lost their second round in a row and are currently last. However, it's still only Round 2, and anything can happen... Their parks has been good, so maybe they'll catch a break next time.

* The Replacements and Strangelove both received a 25% penalty on their R1 score

What do you think of round 2 as a whole? Share your observations, rank the parks, vote in the poll!

• FredD%s's Photo

Forgotten Mekong is easily the best park of this round, maybe even from the contest so far... When it came to the match-ups I think Icons vs HG was the strongest. The Crabs vs Replacements was also tight but I think the other match-up had two parks from a bit better quality.

1. Forgotten Mekong

2. Tubiao

3. Feira do Flamengo

4. Mzima

5. Studio Ghibli

6. Mictlan

• trav%s's Photo

I think it's interesting that Icons/Heaven's Gallery had the most one sided vote percentage, but I feel like it was by far the closest match up in terms of quality of parks on offer. I guess it's purely because the parks were similar in concept, if everyone agrees that one is slightly better than the other, it goes that way.

The other match ups all had vastly different parks, so if someone just really preferred one style to the other, that then leads to votes not being counted purely on execution.

• Version1%s's Photo

1. Tubiao Action Park
    2. Forgotten Mekong
    3. Feira do Flamengo
    4. Mzima Springs
    5. Studio Ghibli
    6. Mictlan - La Tierra de los Muertos

• saxman1089%s's Photo

I think it's interesting that Icons/Heaven's Gallery had the most one sided vote percentage, but I feel like it was by far the closest match up in terms of quality of parks on offer. I guess it's purely because the parks were similar in concept, if everyone agrees that one is slightly better than the other, it goes that way.

I totally agree with this. I voted for Feira do Flamengo in the match, but I voted for Tubiao above for my favorite park of this round. They were so close for me, I'm still not sure if I made the right choice.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

1. Tubaio

2. Mzima

3. Ghibli

4. Feira

5. Coco

Decided not to place myself.

wish we didn't have that dang score reduction... angry reac

• G Force%s's Photo

1. Tubaio
    2. Mzima
    3. Ghibli
    4. Feira
    5. Coco

Sorry it was all in good fun.
  • ottersalad%s's Photo

1. Tubaio
    2. Mzima
    3. Ghibli
    4. Feira
    5. Coco

I agree with all of this. Sorry Russ.
  • Camcorder22%s's Photo

1. Mekong

2. Tubiao

3. Mzima

4. Feira

5. Coco

Too much emotional attachment to Ghibli to rank it fairly haha.   

Agree with saxman in that I voted for Feira because I had more fun viewing it at the time compared to Tubiao, but looking at all the parks now, Tubiao is clearly superior from a technical standpoint and as a lasting RCT park, if that makes any sort of sense.    

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

1. Tubiao/Mekong

2. Mzima

3. Ghibli

4. Feira

5. Coco

Wow, didn't realize cocoa and I had such similar tastes; I happened to look up while writing this and realize we have the same list.

• zxbiohazardzx%s's Photo

Only observation i am willing to make is that the vote% shift hugely and might prove to be interesting for statistics later

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Ignoring my own team's parks, updated park ranking list. 

1. Dig Site 4

2. Mekong

3. Tubaio

4. DKS

5. Feira

6. ACGTH

7. Mzimi

8. Tahendo

9. Ghibli

10. Motherland 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Incredibly hard round to make a ranking for.

1. Forgotten Mekong
    2. Tubiao
    3. Studio Ghibli
    4. Mzima
    5. Mictlan

Feira do Flamengo would be somewhere around Tubiao and Studio Ghibli if I was less familiar with it. I can't rank it.
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    1. Mekong
    2. Tubiao
    3. Dig Site
    4. Feira
    5. Studio Ghibli
    6. Mzima
    7. DKS
    8. ACGTH
    9. Tahendo
    10. Motherland
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

1) Tubiao

2) Mzima

3) Feira

4) Mekong

5) Tahendo

6) DKS

7) Dig Site

8. Ghibli

9) ACGTH

10) Motherland

11) Mictlan

12) Wit's End

edit;fixed

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Six Frags, you left both Ultra Realist's parks off.

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Oh indeed, whoops :p

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    1. Tubiao/Mekong

2. DS4

3. DKS/ACGTH

4. Mzima/Tahendo

5. Ghibli/Feira

6. Wit's End

7. Tierra

8. Motherland

• nin%s's Photo