H2H8 / Ranking Parks on Two Fronts

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Execution?

Concept? 

Which matters more for H2H, which allows people to take home the wins? 

I'm gonna eventually do something with this data, but for now, post two lists below. First, rate all 18 parks so far on their level of execution, meaning regardless of the theme, how well did they execute that theme? Second, rate all 18 parks so far on their concept, meaning how creative/new was the concept for the entire park, regardless of how well they executed it?

I'll eventually compile all the lists, establish an average position for each park, and then plot the averages. I'm interested to see where the winners and losers fall!

Here's a list of all the parks in no particular order:

DKS
    Dig Site
    Mictlan
    Ghibli
    Tubiao
    EVIL
    CnC
    All Coasters
    Wit's End
    Port Disney
    Arendelle
    Winkelheim
    Meekong

Mzima
    Flamengo
    Motherland
    Tahendo Zoo

Forum Caeleste

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Creativity Rankings

Winklehelm

Mictlan

ACGTH

Wits End

Dig Site 4

EVIL

Mekong

Ghibli

Motherland

DKS

Tubaio

Arandelle

Mzima

Feira,

Forum,

C&C ,

Tahendo,

Port Disney

Total Rankings

1. Dig Site 4
    2. Mekong
    3. Tubaio
    4. EVIL
    5. Castles and Coasters
    6.  Wits End
    7. DKS
    8. Feira
    9. A Year in Winklehelm
    10. ACGTH
    11.Mzima
    12. Forum Caeleste
    13. Tahendo
    14. Ghibli
    15. Mictlan
    16. Port Disney Hong Kong
    17. Arendelle
    18. Motherland
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    EXECUTION

Tubiao
    EVIL
    Mekong
    Flamengo
    Dig Site
    DKS
    CnC
    Forum Caeleste
    Wit's End
    Tahendo Zoo
    Mzima
    Ghibli
    All Coasters
    Port Disney
    Mictlan
    Winkelheim
    Arendelle
    Motherland

CONCEPT

Dig Site
    EVIL
    Mekong
    Tubiao
    Winkelheim
    Flamengo
    All Coasters
    Wit's End
    DKS
    Ghibli
    Mictlan
    Forum Caeleste
    Tahendo Zoo
    Mzima
    CnC
    Motherland
    Arendelle
    Port Disney

• Six Frags%s's Photo

This is just very subjective, why do you want to rank parks based on these 2 aspects? There are a lot more factors to take into consideration to make a ranking that is the most objective as possible. Some people find creativity important, others aesthetics, atmosphere, park composition, ride construction etc. I'm very curious why you want to rank parks just on these 2 factors.. Sorry, but this topic is kinda worthless, it's more or less the same as the round-up topic.

• dr dirt%s's Photo
    There’s not really anything objective when rating parks, to be fair. Other than unfinishedness, perhaps.
  • Louis!%s's Photo

It stemmed from a discussion about Execution Vs Idea.

Its not about the other points that people use to find whether they like a park or not, its just finding out people's opinions on what they would consider to be the parks with the best execution vs the best idea/concept. It isn't asking for a ranking based on how much you like the park or what you think is the best, its asking for those 2 specific things because they are linked together, the execution of an idea against the actual idea itself.

Everything is subjective in life.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

interesting that you chose the negative form rather than "finishedness". Do you think it's easier to tell how much is unfinished compared to how much is finished?

• saxman1089%s's Photo

I could rate parks on anything, sure. I could even rate parks using a hundred different categories and make it as objective as I possibly can. All of that would be extremely time consuming and probably give the same answer as a more simple approach, which this topic is.

These two categories in particular are what people are discussing at the moment, with a park like CnC that's arguably less creative but executed very well, and a park like Winkelheim, which has an amazing creative idea but lacking execution. It's just a fun way to see if the winners so far this H2H are more on the execution or creative idea side. 

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Man, you guys really think the execution was that bad on PDHK? Ouch
  • dr dirt%s's Photo

interesting that you chose the negative form rather than "finishedness". Do you think it's easier to tell how much is unfinished compared to how much is finished?

Maybe I did that subconsciously because, yeah, I think it is easier to tell how much is left unfinished.
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

I modified my original post to use "concept" rather than "creativity" because that's a much better descriptor of what I'm looking for here.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

"Some people find creativity important, others aesthetics, atmosphere, park composition, ride construction etc"

i'd consider all of these things "execution" over concept lol.

• RWE%s's Photo

Bring in the bias!

• Six Frags%s's Photo

shogo, I think aesthetics can be creativity as well, like I think Liampie is very creative with aesthetics (new creative object use to create beautiful buildings), cp6 can be very creative to create a new ride etc.. Another reason why this topic is worthless, as there is so much overlap.. But whatever, just my two cents I guess.

edit, I see you've changed 'creativity' to 'concept', lol. Now you take the topic into an whole other direction :lol:

• Pacificoaster%s's Photo

giphy.gif

• saxman1089%s's Photo

edit, I see you've changed 'creativity' to 'concept', lol. Now you take the topic into an whole other direction :lol:

I really intended concept moreso than creativity, just was using the wrong word before. I think the people who wrote lists knew what my intention was.

• Scoop%s's Photo
    Opinions are worthless then six frags?
  • Six Frags%s's Photo

Well, worthless is a bit harsh maybe, what I just meant is that imo this topic touches on things that are very subjective and can be interpreted in so many different ways, that it just is kinda the same as the round-up topic. But go ahead, I'll not further ruin your party ;)

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    EXECUTION

Tubiao
    CnC
    EVIL
    Dig Site
    DKS
    Mekong
    Mzima
    Tahendo Zoo
    Forum Caeleste
    Flamengo
    All Coasters
    Port Disney
    Wit's End
    Ghibli
    Winkelheim
    Mictlan
    Arendelle
    Motherland

CONCEPT

EVIL
    Mekong
    Dig Site
    Tubiao
    Winkelheim
    All Coasters
    DKS
    Ghibli
    Wit's End
    Mictlan
    Tahendo Zoo
    Mzima
    Forum Caeleste
    CnC
    Flamengo
    Motherland
    Arendelle
    Port Disney

I found it quite difficult to rank concepts. No park really stuck out to me as not being conceptually fully formed. Like Motherland has a full-bodied concept, I just don't really like it. I maybe agree that its sort of a weird distinction, because in a way the "concept" of CnC is exactly what it turned out to be. I still sort of vibe that 4-quarter plot from a while ago that was like "enjoyment comes from accuracy of source material" on one axis and something else I've forgotten on the other
  • Julow%s's Photo
    Agree with Six Frags but still curious to see all the lists people will come with huhu

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading