RCT Discussion / The Underrated RCT players/parkmakers.

• Jaguar%s's Photo

I felt like since there's an overrated thread, an underrated parkmaker thread would also be interesting.

I'll begin with a few opinions:

Ver-co - This guy could potentially be one of the best architects in the game. Unfortunately he hasn't released anything but his screens, despite often receiving middle-of-the-road ratings, put a lot of much higher rated screens to shame. The micro-detailing and composition is unparalleled.

Pierrot - Yet another builder with not a lot of releases, but what is there is some of the best LL on the site. He has some extraordinarily impressive trackitecture skills, and there's no doubt his screens receive the admiration they deserve, but I feel his work tends to get overlooked in comparison to the few other LL parkmakers.

Version1 - Okay, most of the underratedness is done by Version1 himself but I do think he should have been drafted earlier. His parks have a clean realistic style with decent composition that often gets glossed over by the more detail-heavy realism.

RWE - A builder that's great at both semi-realism and fantasy, RWE's stuff in H2H8 is underrated imo, and his architecture easily dips into parkmaker quality.

Recurious - Same as RWE, although there's not enough releases to make a judgment. I also feel The Apprenticeship would have received a higher rating if it weren't for the drama surrounding it, being one of the better parks this H2H.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Austin55 and ottersalad are h2h steals in my opinion. Good developing clean realism and also bonus points for being friendly

Theres two parks released by this guy whose name i cant remember that went under the radar (something belgian?) Paramounts electric fields or something, i think i commented recently- check them out for sure.

Itm- built all the best stuff in bermuda
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Pierrot - Yet another builder with not a lot of releases, but what is there is some of the best LL on the site. He has some extraordinarily impressive trackitecture skills, and there's no doubt his screens receive the admiration they deserve, but I feel his work tends to get overlooked in comparison to the few other LL parkmakers.

I wouldn't say Pierrot is underrated. Underappreciated maybe but at the time that he was releasing things (H2H6) people were all over him and his work. I think we still are because most of his screens get rated over 80%. Having said that, there's never a bad time to remind people that Pierrot rules.

• FredD%s's Photo

I think we all know Terry is an upcoming talent but I want to say it again: Terry Inferno is future top builder. 

• Scoop%s's Photo

I agree

• In:Cities%s's Photo

CC9 

Very easy to work with, very good with hacking, very clean style. If he releases another project, it's going to be a gold at minimum.

Scoop

I don't follow the game too much these days, but everything he's posted recently has been very very impressive. Also holds the record for second-best Frozen castle of all time.

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    You are underated in:cities.
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Thanks in:cities I appreciate that. Even if your wrong
  • RWE%s's Photo

Wow, wouldn't have expected my name over here, thank you, Jaguar! Here are my picks:

Terry Inferno

His foliage skills are really great and he is very diverse, has showed he can build CSO, NCSO and LL, probably one of the picks people would have in mind for future contests to work with. I can also see him having a great solo career, definitely looking forward to see where he goes. Thundering Sierra probably was a small portion of what we can expect from him.

Recurious

While he was kind of marked as a hacking and object guy some time ago, he lately showed that he now also knows how to build hot architecture. Looking at where he went from "Batman: The Ride" to "The Apprenticeship" is incredible. If he manages to find the time to build and focus on great composition, we're going to see very high quality work from him.

MK98

Mk currently is one of the most rapidly improving builders and i feel like it's very unnoticed by the general public. While "Magiska Dalen" failed the design vote, probably because it also didn't really fit into the design category, it shows off quite well where MK98 is currently developing into. He feels really Leon-ish to me and i really like that.

ELectriczTV

I'm normally not into NCSO, but his screens and projects are always feeling quite solid to me, they are really having a nostalgic feeling to them reminding me of the good old times at RCT World. His stuff is simple, but just fun and cool to look at.

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    There are many players with great skill and imagination, when I see the screens or the parks, I go crazy thinking "Where do you get these ideas? :)
    So far RCT2 has been imbatable in my opinion.
    I have seen incredible works with impressive detail.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Itm- built all the best stuff in bermuda

Damn right I did ;)
  • mintliqueur%s's Photo

Ver-co is possibly the most interesting RCT player of all time...

Also, I always felt Ling was underrated. 

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Ver-co is possibly the most interesting RCT player of all time...

Also, I always felt Ling was underrated. 

Totally agree with Verco, would love to see a solid release from him, but it kind of looks like it'll never happen. As for Ling, he just doesn't have time to play sadly, good to see him in H2H8/8 though. :D

• robbie92%s's Photo

Nin for me. I know his work is generally appreciated, but I don't think anyone has ever made this game (RCT2) look so effortless and feel so warm with relatively-little work. I think regardless of what style he's working in, there's just a certain liveliness and sense of fun to his work that few people can match.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

if we're talking good players who are underrated, I'd say JKay. He's made some of my favorite stuff ever (alice in wonderland, RMM) but isn't so remembered these days

• inthemanual%s's Photo

> Mentions me in his first comment
    > "Oh, we're talking *good* players?"

Ouch, cocoa.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Hahaha
  • Xeccah%s's Photo

Rob stop stroking Kyle's fucking ego my god

• posix%s's Photo

Want some ego stroking Shotguns?

I'll actually say you're underrated, or rather, under-appreciated, because of how much you enjoy to be disagreeable. In my eyes you're the biggest talent the site has seen in recent years.

• In:Cities%s's Photo

He was only commenting so that somebody would notice him and say that ^ ;)

I think Kumba is underappreciated. Half of you would all be lost without his 1k ruins!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading