Music Forum / favorite singer

• Tech Artist%s's Photo
    well?
    mine is Eminem he is so awsome. long live eminem and slim shady records!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    If you say "long live eminem and slim shady records!" one more time, I will be forced to fucking kill you.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    ^right,whatever. plz post your favorite singer and any comments,thoughts and so on. not threats. thanx.
  • spiderman%s's Photo
    Glenn Danzig (w/ the Misfits)

By far.
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    Marc Roberge with O.A.R.

Anyways, Eminem doesn't sing...
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    what does "eminem dosen't sing" supposed to mean?
  • cg?%s's Photo
    It means he raps idiot... rapping is rapping, singing is singing and they are not the same damned thing. In fact, when Eminem tries to sing (which he does on occasion) it is truly fucking pitiful.

Almost as pitiful as the endless whining of his lyrics, but nowhere near as pitiful as his acceptance speaches, interveiws, etc.

With that said, though...

Robert Smith of the Cure is probably my favorite singer. He just has probably the best Speak/Sing voice ever, and it is just so fucking dramatic and cool.

Although sometimes he goes overboard and sounds like he's coughing up a furball... I can forgive it though.

Um...

David Bowie is brilliant too. Although, he wasn't what you'd call a good singer up until his last two albums. Prior to that he had this wierd high-picted and uber-whiney thing going on, which was annoying as fuck.

Oh, and then he had that whole "I'm Frank Sinatra, but Black, but I'm really White" thingy he started doing in the mid-to-late 70s and stopped to moment he decided to become Trent Reznor.

But really...

How can you hate a guy, who wanted to be Dylan, and then he wanted to be some wierd, hippy-dippy psychedelic folky, and then wanted to be a woman, and then wanted to be an alien, and then wanted to be black, and then decided he wanted to be Trent Reznor?

You can't.

Also...

Elisabeth Frasier (okay... I fucked that up, take away my Goth liscence or something...) is just brilliant. Really, now if I could actually understand what the fuck she said, uh, she probably would have been my favorite.

And...

That guy from Human Drama kicks ass. Sure, he's a melodramatic freak. But he still kicks ass.

And... these are all singers. Whatever...
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Jonathan Davis.
    Korn.
  • Blind Guardian%s's Photo
    Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
    Matthew Barlow (Ex-Iced Earth)
    Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity)

Yes.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Ian Curtis, probably. He had a cool voice, and fit the mood of the songs.

Thom Yorke has a cool falsetto thing going...though falsetto usually equals pansy.

Beck is cool because he's fairly monotonous, in most cases. Like me. Har-har.

Chino Moreno has a nice melodic voice that makes the Deftones actually worthwhile.

(stop)
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    Tim Booth (James), no contest.

One of the greatest ranges in all of Brit-pop/Alt-rock, if not for any man I've ever heard. Robert Smith (Cure) is a good contender with an incredible voice as well.

Both have wonderful control over their voices, and can mold them to match a variety of styles and moods, bringing the listener closer so that you not only hear what they are singing/saying, but you feel it. Perhaps the accompanying music has something to do with it also, but if the blend of vocal/guitar/drums/whatever isn't right, a song can go horribly wrong...

Check out any of the albums in James' catalog and you'll hear what I mean.

Then you'll see what you and the rest of the world likely missed, pure brilliance.

Kai 8@
  • Andrew%s's Photo

Marc Roberge with O.A.R.

Anyways, Eminem doesn't sing...

exactly, I hate that dick

probably John Popper
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Dude, that guy out of Sigur Ros!

EETYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOO

He's fucked up.

Heather Small, Roisin Murphy, Beck.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo

It means he raps idiot... rapping is rapping, singing is singing and they are not the same damned thing. In fact, when Eminem tries to sing (which he does on occasion) it is truly fucking pitiful.

OMG...I agree with him! :0

My favorite singer is Axle even though he now sounds like shit.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Jonathan Davis.
    Korn.

He has achieved SO much in his full MUSICAL career.
    Wow.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Did it say anything about how much he had to have a "musical career"? No. I like the way he sings. Or growls... Or whatever he does.
    You don't like that?
    Tough shit.
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    Robert Flynn - Machine Head
    Mark Hunter - Chimaira
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

Did it say anything about how much he had to have a "musical career"?  No.  I like the way he sings.  Or growls...  Or whatever he does.
    You don't like that?
    Tough shit.

Hm..
    13 years old...
    Why would I care. You have a VERY horrible, and misguided taste in music.

You don't like that?
    Tough shit.

I'm sick and tired of people treating me this way everyday
    Who gives a fuck?!
    Right now I got something to say to all the people that think I'm strange and I should be out here locked up in a cage
    You don't know what the hell is up now anyway
    You got this pretty-boy feeling like I'm enslaved to a world that never appreciated shit
    YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK AND FUCKING LIKE IT!!!

Very mature.
    I can see that you are an admiral of wisdom. 8@
    I'll leave you here.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo

You don't like that?
    Tough shit.

I'm sick and tired of people treating me this way everyday
    Who gives a fuck?!
    Right now I got something to say to all the people that think I'm strange and I should be out here locked up in a cage
    You don't know what the hell is up now anyway
    You got this pretty-boy feeling like I'm enslaved to a world that never appreciated shit
    YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK AND FUCKING LIKE IT!!!

Very mature.
    I can see that you are an admiral of wisdom. 8@
    I'll leave you here.

Thats a quote from Korn's song "Faget."
    But I'm sure you already knew that, you musical midi genious, you.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    Calling me a genius.
    WOW, MAN. That's fucking DEEP.
    Try again, you fucking worthless young idiot.
    But, like I said. I'll leave you here...

But, really. Even having that mysterious wisdom of text in your signature makes you a reall bad-ass. Face it, brofo.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading