General Chat / K0NG.. RIP

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Hey everyone. Been a while since Ive been on here but idk who knows or not. I know he was devisive and sparked a lot of controversy but he was fucking talented. Keli Wilde, K0NG, passed away last month.
  • Liampie%s's Photo

It's a shame K0NG never worked out as an NE member. There's no doubt he was an intelligent, talented and colourful person, and (troubles aside obviously) I really enjoyed his contributions, RCT and non-RCT. He was a real person and to learn that he has passed makes me very sad.

• Chocotopian%s's Photo

Ah, deeply saddening to hear. He certainly kept things interesting while he was here, and his work was consistently excellent. I always got the feeling that his attitude (and responses to them) didn't translate well over the forums, and it caused a lot of friction, which is a real shame as I would've loved to have seen what more he was capable of.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Too bad! I never played when he was around. Any chance his account can be opened/unlocked? I'd like to look through the parks he had a hand in building.

• Jappy%s's Photo

K0ng, a person that for newer players like me has transcended into NE lore, was a person I would've loved to have spoken, or seen in action, just to see if the stories were true. Despite him being a controversial figure, he was an amazing RCT-player with an eye for detail and a sure talent.

To K0ng.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

RIP k0ng, its a shame it didnt work out between yourself and the community

• Austin55%s's Photo
    Very sad. He was a father too, correct? His work was really fabulous.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo
    That's really sad to hear. RIP K0NG. Wasn't a big fan of his RCT work, but I loved reading his posts. Never had any kind of troubles with him either.

Does anyone know what happened?
  • Scoop%s's Photo
    Hmm that’s really sad. I didn’t know him during his time on NE, but I did know for a bit before I became scoop. We even built together. Maybe we should do something during the awards and maybe unban his account. I’d love to do some reviews of his work in his honor.
  • dr dirt%s's Photo
    Sad news, undoubtedly. Always liked the guy and he was a fun member to have around. I wish he'd had the chance to be a part of this community for longer; I'll definitely be enjoying the RCT he produced in his too-short of time with us. RIP
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Despite how horrible he was at fantasy football and that they made a belittling subreddit after him, Kong showed a unique passion for RCT and really did grow on me during the decade or so I knew him. I hope he didn't go through much pain in his passing and that he was doing what he loved up until the end. Rock on Kong. 

• Kumba%s's Photo

Wow, just seeing this now. Looks like his Facebook and a music forum confirms that Keli has indeed passed away. We were friends in RCT and in real life. We never met, but we talked on the phone a few times a year. I'll remember him as a great RCT player, good (yet slightly Rams-bias) fantasy football player and a badass rocker. 

Best wishes to your family. Rest in peace K0NG

• Wanted%s's Photo
    RIP. Does anyone know what happened? I used to chat with him many years ago, misunderstood guy (I know he certainly crossed many lines...)
  • Tolsimir%s's Photo

This is really saddening to read. I always liked him, he had a strong personality .. I think that's what led him into trouble with the admins in the end. His posts full of confidence were almost always hilarious. I think sometimes he believed too much in in himself, not living up to his promises. Think of the H2H5 finals. I was on the whzz kids and I am still 100% sure that the story of a hard drive failure was purely made up. RCT wise he had a very distinct style. Tried to bring new visuals and some of his "inventions" are now convention I think (e.g. I think he began with massive 1K ruins use for rockwork). I am really propsing for opening his profile again. It is a shame you can't see all his work listed on one page because I think, whatever the controversy on his character is about, his RCT work still was one of the best in recent history.

RIP K0NG punk.gif

• Liampie%s's Photo

Kong's profile is now public again.

https://www.nedesign...ber/10153/k0ng/

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Cool, cool!!! Thanks guys!

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    "Best wishes to your family. Rest in peace K0NG"
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Very happy to see his page public again!

I was contacted by his wife after she checked NE and saw this topic. His death occurred on 2/4/19 and was caused by a heart attack. While still tragic, it's good to know what happened.

• Luketh%s's Photo

Wow man, I was an annoying, stupid, barely-teenage kid back in the days of K0NG and the Wolfman. Oftentimes bitter enemies, may they both rest in peace.

Let me reminisce for a moment...

I remember there used to be an old forum K0NG ran, can't for the life of me remember what it was called. This was back in the last days of the RCTspace forums, it might be advertised there, but there were only ever about five of us on K0NG's forum. Similarly, Wolfman also ran a forum whose name I do remember: Pirates of RCT.

Both those forums were the oldschool phpBB style forums, and looking back, both had such atrocious color schemes and layouts, but my 12-year-old self thought it was so cool to be a member of these exclusive forums.

Anyway, K0NG was one of six members of Wolfman's forum, and Wolfie was one of K0NG's six forum users, and I remember they would just go back and forth talking the craziest shit to each other on every single thread of these forums, the arguments almost always spurring from their creations -- and sometimes collaborations -- in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2, of all fucking things.

If you go to my profile (or just click the link) and check out the comments of Roswell City Year-Round Fair, you'll see a textbook example of what I'm saying.

K0NG, Wolfman, plus ol' LDW (I wonder where he went off to...) and my 13-year-old self had all decided on one of these aforementioned four-man forums to work on this horribly conceptualized park based on a year-round fair in my hometown. Terrible idea, courtesy of yours truly.

Well, what you see is the even worse result of that concept, minus a lot of Wolfman's and K0NG's work, because that was one of the times his HD crashed, and none of us had a recent backup, so the park became abandoned, and one of those continuous brawls spilled from their private forums to NE.

It's all there in the record to read yourself, I know y'all love drama.

It was in January and February that I got back into the game for the first time in years, and while I was building Horseshoe Lake I remember thinking back to my old friends from those obscure forums -- those never-known corners of the then-shrinking, now-so-small RCT community.

Horseshoe lake even has a tribute to Wolfman in the back corner of the park. I had no idea at the time that K0NG was going the same way, so I'll have to include him somehow in my next New Element release.

For now, here's an old screenshot I dug up out of my PHOTOBUCKET (!) account, a sarcastic response to some comment K0NG made at a park I was working on way back at least a decade ago.

SCR12.jpg

May K0NG rest his rockin' soul.

~B-]

• ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Can't quite believe this, So sad to hear man.
    Keli was a mentor, friend and fierce rival in FF.
    You will be missed ole man.

Condolences to his family. Rip K0NG

~ Drunky MacGilligutty

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading