The Grand Tour '20 / The Grand Tour '20 - Round 1

• Liampie%s's Photo

He who travels has stories to tell!

Round 1 - Cuba

Our bags are packed, our visas approved, and a catsitter has been hired. We're ready to get this journey underway! The first leg of this trip brings us to Cuba - the land of Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, of cigars and missiles, of rusty cars and the Buena Vista Social Club, the Bay of Pigs, an exceptional literacy rate, and much more! We leave it up to you which parts of the island you want to explore.

Sources: Wikipedia - Google - Instagram - Reddit - RCDB

Objectives

In addition to the general contest rules, three objectives have been set for this round. The entries will be judged through a public poll, determining the degree to and manner in which you completed the objectives, as well as the overall quality of the submission.

1. Your park must be set in or themed to Cuba.

2. Your park must contain at least one water ride of any kind.

3. Your park must contain a custom/in-house built ride, that is, a ride that is not built by any known manufacturer.

Submission

Submit your park through a PM with Liampie, posix and CoasterCreator9 as the recipients.

Submissions are due on Sunday August 16th, no later than 23:59 GMT.

Participants

The people on the list below have expressed interest in building an entry for this round. You don't have to sign-up to be able to submit, and being on the list doesn't make it legally binding! It's entirely voluntary. If you're looking to partner up with someone, you can also use this list to see who else is looking for a partner.

#Player
    Looking for partner?
    1AvanineCommuteryes
    2Bubbsyyes
    3travyes
    4Version1yes
    5RWE 
    6dr dirtyes
    7Camcorder22yes
    8Coaster Geoffyes
    9FredD 
    10Scoopmaybe
    11Gustav Goblinyes
    12MK98 
    13Liampie 
  • Faas%s's Photo
    The third rule is a bit unclear. Can I just put in a top spin and say it's built in-house?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Yes but that would be a lazy way of meeting the third objective, and it'll likely cost you in the polls. The idea is that you build a ride that is clearly built in-house. I would personally think to do that through unorthodox shapes, materials, or maybe even questionable quality in general. Backyard coasters apply, for examples, but also The Ultimate in Lightwater Valley. It's up to you to get this point across! If you can do it with a top spin, sure, go for it!

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Signing up, looking for a productive partner to bounce ideas and inspiration off of. No goals in mind, just looking to get back to building since I’ve kinda lost touch with RCT in the last month or two.
  • Bubbsy41%s's Photo

I'll have some time hopefully. Definitely looking for a duo though.

• trav%s's Photo

As I said on Discord, if anyone is looking for someone with a cool(ish) idea, and who will definitely start a map and then never touch it again after the first day, I'm your guy

• Version1%s's Photo

No idea who would want to team with me but I'm always up for new experiences. Sign me up as a player searching for a duo.

• RWE%s's Photo

I sign up. I already have a building partner.

• nin%s's Photo

Love the theme. Not currently looking for a partner but maybe for future rounds. 

• dr dirt%s's Photo

soft signing up; I'd like to build something realistic that's not too labor-intensive - looking for a partner interested in similar.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

I'll sign up for a duo.  If someone's looking to lead a park but would like some assistance I'm ur girl.  

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

I'll sign up for a duo since I don't think I can do this on my own. I like what dr. dirt is suggesting myself.

• Scoop%s's Photo

I'm in, put me down for maybe as far as a partner goes.

• Coaster-GEOFF%s's Photo
    Oh man, I'm down as hell!
    Ready to get my ass kicked by all of you big boys!
    But, if someone wants to pair up with this noob to do all the dirty works, I'm down with that though!
    So sign me up, looking for a. Partner!

Edit:

soft signing up; I'd like to build something realistic that's not too labor-intensive - looking for a partner interested in similar.

Yeah, that's also my story. Realism all the way and would be cool to have a more experienced partner to take this to a next level!
  • FredD%s's Photo

I'm gonna try to deliver. I'll be flying solo I think unless someone hits me up.

Question: is a ride considered to be in-house if it's clearly made from pieces from real constructors? Like they found some pieces from constructor x and merged it together with pieces from constructor y.

• alex%s's Photo

this is exciting! I really like the theme and objectives - a great way to encourage some unconventional ride design

• Liampie%s's Photo

Lots of people looking for duos! I hope you guys are also looking at each other. We're not going to make the matches for you!

• MK98%s's Photo

I'm participating too, and I already have a duo

• Liampie%s's Photo

Question: is a ride considered to be in-house if it's clearly made from pieces from real constructors? Like they found some pieces from constructor x and merged it together with pieces from constructor y.

That sounds a lot like the coaster in Morow World, which I think certainly qualifies.

https://www.nedesign...72/morow-world/

It also sounds a bit like Phantom's Revenge - part Arrow, part Morgan. However, that's still a very professional job by a common coaster manufacturer. That would certainly be a no.

Does this help?

• FredD%s's Photo

I think I got my answer. Thanks!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading