Custom Scenery Exchange / OBJECT OBSCURA (CS Grab Bag)

• OddmentsAlchemyLab%s's Photo

Good afternoon! I recently set out to download and open every park here at NE. There were parks that I was unable to open, but aside from those few parks, I have finished that project. I followed that up by doing the same thing on a Dutch site similar (though not currently very active) to NE. In total - that was about 500 pages of parks.

Raw numbers, I have 29 park files, 927 SV4, 5700+ SV6, and even 1 SV7 file (Rocky Balboa by Cena).

A couple of things that I learned:

1. A special room in hell exists for those who simply rename objects, creating needless duplication and endless clutter. This room in nowhere near the stripper factory and all the beer is lukewarm. You've been warned.

2. I'll never find all the objects. Good CS takes work and talent. However, CS is easy to make if you don't care about texture match, isometric convention, or drawing all 4 angles. There is a LOT of CS that looks out of place or is straight up game-crashing garbage (mostly custom rides will do this - I have no such objects in this file).

3. Out of more than a gazillion water palettes 98% are horrible.

4. Some fantastic works of art have been lost to time. This game has clearly attracted some amazing artists - and continues to do so. Though I've not been successful in some of my hunts, I have had the joy of traveling through the imaginations of some of the most creative and yet detailed parkmakers out there. I've scratched my head a few times and had my breath taken away more than once. Some of the best parkmakers have retired or otherwise moved on - but a surprising number are still active or even newer players. So forgive me if I act like a fanboy to some of you.

THE GRAB BAG:

Much of what is in this park file was found elsewhere - largely from www.rct-world.de/uploads but also from Reddit, Wayback, etc. There WILL BE duplicates. Some one asked for Depot Circus, so I included ALL of my Depot and DA objects. There is a lot of stuff here, and by including the scenery group tabs, you may very well already have a few of that group. That forum also had their "serial renamers" and I tried to eliminate these but the offenders are prolific so forgive me if I add a renamed tenth TT Block to your obj file.

I have seen requests for some of these objects and decided to share what I have (scenery groups are mostly INCOMPLETE) because frankly some of it is really cool and not available here. I hope that others may have partials themselves and as a community we can complete some of these sets. If not, I hope that these objects (None created by me) adds a bit of creative spark to those looking for objects and inspiration.

I've included a screenshot with SOME of the included objects. The circus cars are my favorite, but some of the park trim is really great as well.

In this park file:

21 Scenery Group Tabs

11 Paths

2 Path Additions

3 Letter Sets (3D and Hollywood 1/2 tile is available here, the full tile Hollywood is not)

350 Small Objects

270 Large Objects

70 Wall Items

I have no idea how much of this you may have, but I'll bet a beer you find something new.

Attached Files

• Casimir%s's Photo

Oh wow, that must've been some work indeed.

Thank you for your efforts!

As someone who had his start at RCT-World, back when it still existed - any chance you could share a good way to access those downloads? Just in case they are still online somehow.

I have been using this site:

https://www.rct-worl...loads.php?cat=2

That takes you to the RCT2 page for CS, scenarios, parks, etc. A number of park links do not work, but the majority of them do. I was unaware it was dead since I had so very few issues navigating the page (I also do not speak Dutch so it could say "closed" on every page and I'd miss it - lol). It has been somewhat maintained so I'm sure you'll find a lot there - especially for a parkmaker simply returning home to look around.

I have some of your objects as favorites - so thank YOU for sharing your artistry and passion for the game!

• Casimir%s's Photo

Oooh, thank you! I will be sure to have a look around.

It was a mainly German community by the way, not a Dutch one!

Thanks for that! "I am from Florida" is a flexible excuse I like to use in embarrassing situations like this one :-)

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Incredible effort, surely!

1. A special room in hell exists for those who simply rename objects, creating needless duplication and endless clutter. This room in nowhere near the stripper factory and all the beer is lukewarm. You've been warned.

Any chance you noted the objects with duplicate IDs? might be a good idea to gather them to try to at least contain spread of those by fixed versions?

I have made a file for duplicates and can make a list from that. I was glad to see a discussion about cleaning up the objects, so if it will help, I will get that list together as quick as I can.

My intent was to clean up my ORTC2 object file, but taking out duplicate files "locks" the parks that they are attached to. It will help going forward, but legacy parks will require an object file mess. I have one park that will not open because I do not have a "Park50" dat. But I know that the Park## dats are all renames of common objects. So whatever Park50 is, I know that I have the original dat, I wonder if there is any way to "merge" duplicate objects so that they open parks where they are named differently. I know little about programming so that may be impossible.

Anyway, I'll work on the list today and/or tomorrow and post it here. I will also put a note on the object thread I mentioned above since I think it would help in that monumental effort.

• Casimir%s's Photo

I have made a file for duplicates and can make a list from that. I was glad to see a discussion about cleaning up the objects, so if it will help, I will get that list together as quick as I can.

My intent was to clean up my ORTC2 object file, but taking out duplicate files "locks" the parks that they are attached to. It will help going forward, but legacy parks will require an object file mess. I have one park that will not open because I do not have a "Park50" dat. But I know that the Park## dats are all renames of common objects. So whatever Park50 is, I know that I have the original dat, I wonder if there is any way to "merge" duplicate objects so that they open parks where they are named differently. I know little about programming so that may be impossible.

Anyway, I'll work on the list today and/or tomorrow and post it here. I will also put a note on the object thread I mentioned above since I think it would help in that monumental effort.

Pretty sure that would require an automatic function (script?) that not only switches "Park50.dat" for the correct original object, but also replaces every instance of it being used ingame with the correct original one. Haven't dug into the current state of OpenRCT2, but I'm going to take a guess that something like that has not been implemented (yet).

EDIT: Or has that always been a possibility with ParkDat already? I'm massively out of the loop concerning RCT.

When I've tried ParkDat with the new save format, it doesn't quite work. However, the Scenery Manager Plug-In has a similar feature (find and replace) but that only works in an open file (?) so it is not a replacement. I am not sure if ParkDat has been or will be updated to support the .park files.

It'd be great if there was a process that "corrected" newly posted parks - and could also standardize legacy parks - to have a single library of "official" objects. I'd also like a box of donuts. I suspect I won't get either ;-)

Currently working on a listing of objects. I am working on a way to package them all so that they are searchable by:

Creator

Scenery Group

Park Origin (Where I acquired the park - NE, RCT-Space, RCT-World, etc.)

Priority search will be for duplicate items. They will be filtered by "duplication reason" as best as I can sort out by the object description. For example, a common duplication are the items that have "fixed" in their name. It is not always obvious what the "fix" was, but I'm assuming more was adjusted than just the name.

I will not remove any duplicates from the list as they may be tied to certain parks and where possible I will provide a note for this. I am working through (current count) 22,825 objects so this will take some time, but I am working on it aggressively.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Loving this archiving project. Would be nice to get these archived in the NE database, but looking forward to your take on it. And looking forward to seeing what gems you have found.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Very good to hear. That's going to be an inmense job with 22.825 objects. And i might have some more for you. Like a huge set of stone decoblocks wich have never been released and more. I'll update my own topic for the release of my objects though. As for fixes. Not all objects that have been fixed were neccesarely broken. Sometimes it was just to uncheck annoying functions. Like not being able to build a wall next to an item (without using 8-cars back in the days), or building it on slopes (walls). Much respect and good luck!

Would be nice to get these archived in the NE database, but looking forward to your take on it.

Liampie - I am hoping this helps to some degree with the on-going database project here as well as help expand the object collection. Short of that, having a solid spark could fire up a decent movement to share both to help find lost objects but also inspire some of these new artists. I'll never create anything like the amazing parks I've seen - but I do know my way around a Parts Book. All it will be really will be nested files and a simple text-based wiki to help navigate based on a wip set of tags.

The last time I did any serious coding one needed a briefcase for their floppy discs and COBOL ruled the earth. So complex it will not be :-)

That's going to be an inmense job with 22.825 objects.

I just finished through "A" this afternoon. That doesn't sound like much but it's 2000+/almost 10%. There are a number of "Amazing" creators whose objects start with "A". Not the least of which are your objects! If you see some value in what I put together, I'd love to add any "Bonuses" you have lying about and not yet loved. I always look forward to your releases.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Impressive! Keep it up.

As for the not yet released stuff. It's not that they aren't loved, but the object limit was always an issue 'till recently. Nice to hear your appreciation though. Sorry for the enormous amount of AVL objects.. lol.. my bad, i was on a roll back then. Also unnecessary duplicates, since i hadn't noticed it already being made. Shit happens i guess...

You prolific folks are easy - on big file broken down by group. The one's that cross my eyes are the ones that say something along the lines of:

"TT Block Fixed by Kong recolorable by Recurious and realigned by X97 and renamed 'Block82'.

That's a hellova tag... LOL

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Lol. i get you, i understand. Good luck on that.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

you looked at every single park in the database? mad

you looked at every single park in the database? mad

The ones I could open, yes. I also have done this for RCT-WORLD, RCT-SPACE and other nooks and crannies and am always on the hunt for another unfished spot. This speaks to my love for the modeling side of the game - and my ridiculous amount of undirected free time.

Perhaps I am optimistic, but I can see the new save format both reviving and evolving the bench. Probably the first peek of this was the Xtreme97 2021 Workbench. This is a fantastic sampler platter as well as a great builder's bench. The bench has a style bias, but it is a clean style that I dig. Arjan's benches also have deep scenery groups. It is a more fun bench, but the style bias is much stronger.

Most benches have a limiting, competition feel to them - which is by design. But the ones put together by the parkmakers here have a nice, broad aesthetic blend to them. Louis 2020 and anything Liampie would be examples.

Another type, which are rare, are the "master benches" as I call them. Dr. Dirt's goes right along with his foliage tutorial and both should be required - lol! His bench supports his expertise, which is a fantastic resource for those still learning.

Given the number of objects, I think it is best to see them as builder objects and theming objects. When RCT came out builder objects were an afterthought and that really didn't change much with RCT2. Ironically, I prefer stick building. I enjoy CS and love my collection, but I'm a retired construction guy, so I especially fawn over my materials. I don't work well when I am overwhelmed - and the objects can be overwhelming. Collecting and organizing is a personal project. If my "Part's Book" approach works, it may be useful to others.

• cruzy80%s's Photo

The last time I did any serious coding one needed a briefcase for their floppy discs and COBOL ruled the earth. So complex it will not be :-)

This made me chuckle - when I was in college round 1 as I call it, I learned COBOL so we would "be in demand for Y2K!" as my professors would say.

I was the one who asked about the Circus objects.  You sir, are my hero.

My sloppy answer to your request set me on this course. I'm through 16,391 objects - ~6500 to go. Just finished the "N"s. I'm am disturbed by the number of McDonald's objects. LOL! Stay tuned - it's a bigger project than I anticipated and I am hoping to make it more than just an object dump, but a tool that helps keep objects organized and searchable by tag.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading