Custom Scenery Exchange / Colorable custom walls

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

637.png

I'm looking for walls that are half this high (16h)and half this wide and am not seeing any other than the glass walls. I gotta think such a thing exists. Any help is much appreciated

I have the Ultrarealistic half wall (by MK98 I believe)  by that is a little thicker. So basically take that wall and cut the height in half.

Thanks again. I hope everyone in the NE community is doing well

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

I'm guessing there are none....may as well delete the topic

• OddmentsAlchemyLab%s's Photo

You'd be surprised at the "intuitive" objects that seemingly don't exist. In my mind the biggest omission is the full-tile inverted scoop/arch. The brilliant Fisch released an x-games half pipe that is the closest thing I've been able to find - and I've viewed every park here and on a couple other similar sites, collecting ~27k objects. Obviously there could be an elusive scoop on some hosed hard drive, in the works of a player who has no idea there is an online community to share with, or some other place I have not or cannot look, but I can say to most looking for one "it does not exist."

So I'm working on one as a part of learning object creation. I have an unusually long learning curve.

There are no 8ht half tile walls that match the texture and thickness of this in-game wall you've posted, WALLBR16 (May be CF16, but no matter). If the DAT name does not match one of those, it is a renamed duplicate. In this case, I think most would default to the RFANTW (searchable here) wall object or a material variant. That or they use a block (deco or 1/4 tile sculpting block) to fill. These would match the textures if not the thickness, but thickness differences are hid in the build.

Considering that there are a number of walls that are the size you are looking for (if I read this right) but in different textures, there would be a use for such an object. On the other hand, with the current H2H going on, it's a reminder at how skilled the builders can be with limited options. If the object I suggested above doesn't work, try CENAVD01. If neither fit the bill - check out the utilities page - which suggests another way to skin this cat, as it were.

• In:Cities%s's Photo

So you want it as a small scenery object, not as a wall? That's pretty easy to create in the object editor I think.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

You'd be surprised at the "intuitive" objects that seemingly don't exist. In my mind the biggest omission is the full-tile inverted scoop/arch. The brilliant Fisch released an x-games half pipe that is the closest thing I've been able to find - and I've viewed every park here and on a couple other similar sites, collecting ~27k objects. Obviously there could be an elusive scoop on some hosed hard drive, in the works of a player who has no idea there is an online community to share with, or some other place I have not or cannot look, but I can say to most looking for one "it does not exist."

So I'm working on one as a part of learning object creation. I have an unusually long learning curve.

There are no 8ht half tile walls that match the texture and thickness of this in-game wall you've posted, WALLBR16 (May be CF16, but no matter). If the DAT name does not match one of those, it is a renamed duplicate. In this case, I think most would default to the RFANTW (searchable here) wall object or a material variant. That or they use a block (deco or 1/4 tile sculpting block) to fill. These would match the textures if not the thickness, but thickness differences are hid in the build.

Considering that there are a number of walls that are the size you are looking for (if I read this right) but in different textures, there would be a use for such an object. On the other hand, with the current H2H going on, it's a reminder at how skilled the builders can be with limited options. If the object I suggested above doesn't work, try CENAVD01. If neither fit the bill - check out the utilities page - which suggests another way to skin this cat, as it were.

@Oddments-The photo I sent was just a standard wall. I'll check the utilities page. Thanks

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

So you want it as a small scenery object, not as a wall? That's pretty easy to create in the object editor I think.

As for the texture, just a plain color-mappable texture. As for the category, small scenery would probably be more ideal

A. I did not like my reply upon rereading it. It was unnecessarily grumpy due to stuff here. I apologize if you picked up any negative tone. I disappoint myself.

B. If what you want is a 1/8th wall that is remappable - texture not important - then I would go back to suggesting CENAVD01 or RFANTW which does have texture variants. If these walls are not the right size, then I have misunderstood your cut list (Welcome to Lowe's!). If either of these do not work - why not? That will narrow down what we're looking for and clarify confusions on my side. It might just be something we need to fabricate, but the talented people are likely wrapped up in the head-2-head - so you're stuck with an intern. LOL.

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Maybe i can help you out, but first i need to understand what it is you want. Your explanation isn't really clear. What is the texture i'm looking at? Is it marble? Is the wall currently a 4 clearance high wall (32 pixels)? Do you want it to be 2 clearances (16 pixels) high? Does it need to be a wall type (left and a right side, 2 objects)? A quarter tile object? Also, i strongly recommend it being 1 clearance high. You can stack it and it makes it more usable for other purposes as well. I am struggling a bit with why you need it? Ther are several quarter thin marble walls available. But maybe you need it for a special purpose.

Well that's just about as positive a turn as this could has taken. Thanks Arjan!

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

You're welcome OddmentsAlchemyLab. 

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

A. I did not like my reply upon rereading it. It was unnecessarily grumpy due to stuff here. I apologize if you picked up any negative tone. I disappoint myself.

B. If what you want is a 1/8th wall that is remappable - texture not important - then I would go back to suggesting CENAVD01 or RFANTW which does have texture variants. If these walls are not the right size, then I have misunderstood your cut list (Welcome to Lowe's!). If either of these do not work - why not? That will narrow down what we're looking for and clarify confusions on my side. It might just be something we need to fabricate, but the talented people are likely wrapped up in the head-2-head - so you're stuck with an intern. LOL.

A. No apology necessary as I didn't find your tone negative

B. CENAVD01 is close enough for me. W 

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

A. No apology necessary as I didn't find your tone negative

B. CENAVD01 is close enough for me. Width and texture are correct.  Would need it to be twice the height. So I'll just double-stack it and color it as one hue.  Thanks

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Maybe i can help you out, but first i need to understand what it is you want. Your explanation isn't really clear. What is the texture i'm looking at? Is it marble? Is the wall currently a 4 clearance high wall (32 pixels)? Do you want it to be 2 clearances (16 pixels) high? Does it need to be a wall type (left and a right side, 2 objects)? A quarter tile object? Also, i strongly recommend it being 1 clearance high. You can stack it and it makes it more usable for other purposes as well. I am struggling a bit with why you need it? Ther are several quarter thin marble walls available. But maybe you need it for a special purpose.

See my response to Oddments AlchemyLab-  I can make it work with CENAVD01 

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

The image at the top is of WALLBR32. WALLCF32 is also colorable but different texture and WALLCB32 is non-colorable

• Arjan v l%s's Photo

Cool. Would you like that (CENAVD01) to have the textures you described? I can do both for you. Castle and marble. If so, let me know. WALLBR32 is the marble texture i reffered to. the cf32 is castle texture.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Cool. Would you like that (CENAVD01) to have the textures you described? I can do both for you. Castle and marble. If so, let me know. WALLBR32 is the marble texture i reffered to. the cf32 is castle texture.

Thanks, Arjan-I will let you know. It's not terribly urgent at the moment though. I appreciate the offer. I'll be in touch

• MattNE2014%s's Photo

Is anyone familiar with the object 1KCUTPAS? It looks like some kind of locker. If that's what it's supposed to be, it's PERFECT! 

The item J_LOCKERS is nice , too, but this stacks right on top of each other without any space, unlike J-LOCKERS. Kudos to whoever made that item..

I had been using the Six Frags Glass Wall (not see through) SFGLSWLL as a group of four lockers stacked two high and six across on opposite edges of a row of six tiles for a total of 96 lockers per section

1K is Kumba. I've always assumed by the name that it was a ticket station, like a fastpass or similar. But if they work like lockers then they are lockers today. I'm always surprised by how builders reinterpret objects to use them in creative ways. I've never stacked the J-Lockers. I typically turn them around and use them in restaurant kitchens as prep counters and fryers, but that's using a box as a box. Your locker area sounds neat and your use of objects sounds creative.

• MattNE2014%s's Photo
    I knew 1K was Kumba’s items as I have quite a few of his objects. I was more curious about it being called Cut Pass. I love the creativity shown by everyone on the site and the versatility certain objects offer.
  • Arjan v l%s's Photo

Matt. If you want those walls. I've made 4 different types. They are half walls and are 2 pieces per set for both sides. They are now available in marble, brick, graveyard brick and fieldstone. You can find these in my scenery topic from my latest object release.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading