Head-2-Head-X / H2HX: Round Robin - R3M1 - The Dambusters vs Soda Jerks

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Select your favourite park

1. The Sailor by The Dambusters 19 votes [31.67%]
    • Six Frags
    • RWE
    • Babar Tapie
    • pants
    • Sulakke
    • Turtle
    • Lurker
    • chorkiel
    • Iron Rattler
    • Bluetiful_Monday
    • olddtfan51
    • CoasterCreator9
    • bigshootergill
    • Splitvision
    • Suormot
    • spacek531
    • verbisback
    • Lowenaldo
    • Ingo1990
    Percentage of vote: 31.67%
  2. Yucca Desert Park by Soda Jerks 41 votes [68.33%]
    • Levis
    • AmusementParker
    • AJ-
    • deanosrs
    • CedarPoint6
    • 94SupremePosse
    • SWAGTITTIES
    • RobDedede
    • Pacificoaster
    • MK98
    • Kumba
    • Jens J.
    • MrTycoonCoaster
    • J K
    • Mattk48
    • ballpitwarrior
    • Jene
    • Hex
    • Steve
    • saxman1089
    • posix
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • FK+Coastermind
    • Lilith
    • Zarathustra
    • G Force
    • kenos
    • Camcorder22
    • Roomie
    • Congoy
    • Louis!
    • Milo
    • barnNID
    • AvanineCommuter
    • Fisch
    • mamarillas
    • WhosLeon
    • CHE
    • _jj
    • nin
    Percentage of vote: 68.33%
  • chorkiel%s's Photo

Wow chorkiel i thought we were friends

Did I come off too negatively? Quite liked the park actually haha

• In:Cities%s's Photo

No you didn't just messing with you haha. Always appreciate your thoughtful reviews!

• Congoy%s's Photo
    The Sailor
    Hangover is a great name for the coaster and set the stage for what is going on here. Loved the buildings that appear to be full of fluid sloshing around, and/or dripping and melting. The sound track is so good changing between all of the different moods, and I loved the ship horn which made me feel like I was the sailor waking up from a late night out, trying to scramble to get to the docks before they leave without me, ha! Very impressed with how this piece of RCT was able convey emotion and make me feel some type of way, awesome job!

Yucca Desert Park
    Excellent narrative and plugin animations. Great decision to have the different animations ramp up, starting with a small building catching on fire, then a couple UFOs, then the whole shebang. Good song choice too, groovy. Love the cage of death motorcycles zooming around and the botanical cactus garden is really pretty. Mechanical bull, Jazzcat 1 Jr, tumbleweed, taco food truck, and so many other great details to discover here, well done!
  • ottersalad%s's Photo

Yucca Desert Park

Really cool vibes here, even before the space ships arrive. I think the music and colors really set a great tone for viewing the park. The ground textures are excellent throughout and this feels like a proper roadside attraction. Perhaps the coaster is a bit too high budget for a place like this, but I do appreciate the coaster a lot. Simple layout, but really good interaction with the landscape. Albeit, a bit sectioned off from the rest of the park. The roof being interacted with by the flying saucer was a neat touch. All the custom vehicles/busses/train cars were all wonderful. 

The Sailor

This is perhaps a hot take, but this feels like La Reve, but better? Newer? Modernized? There's so many creative flourishes where realism transitions into fantasy. Bright colors bleed over grounded buildings and structures. There is so much detail to explore here, little scenes to explore, and a narrative that wants to be told. But that's where this park falls a bit flat for me. Is this the story of one sailor drunkenly going through town and having the time of his life before going off to war? Or is this a lot of sailors having a bender? I'm sure it's up to us as the viewer to decide and you aren't holding our hands narratively. Some highlights for me was how well the waterfalls were framed and the blue/green archy near Ahab's Fish Fingers. Lowlights would probably include the wave swinger platform being a circle of wooden coaster track and the usage of RMC track on a wooden coaster for a few turns. They don't transition well at all!

I wasn't able to vote on these park because I was out of town for work at the time, and I probably would've gone with The Sailor. Really beautiful, full of life and detail. And that's not to discredit Yucca whatsoever. That park achieved exactly what it was set out to do. Strong landscape with a believable and highly detailed attraction/park. 

• Jappy%s's Photo

The Sailor

It took me some time to figure out what was going on here and I'm still not sure that I completely got it, but I have to say that it is an incredibly creative idea! So it seems focused on the story of a sailor going on a bar trip, having different adventures, falling asleep and dreaming, getting a hangover and then going back to his ship to go on open sea? At least that's my take. :p  Love all the depictions of the different pieces of the narrative here and that ship is immaculate. My main criticism is that it is too dense and packed in some places, making it difficult to read sadly.

Yucca Desert Park

This park gets weirder and weirder by the minute. Loving the overall vibe and the addition of the space ships is really funny. At first glance it seems to be quite empty but on closer inspection there's actually quite a lot to see here in different scenes and especially staff. My main complaint, and that's perhaps a strange one, is that once the UFOs arrive, some parts seem to be difficult to see due to them dangling in the way. Also, it takes a massive blow on my FPS. :p

• Ethan%s's Photo

The Sailor :D

This Park Offers a Unique and Engaging Experience :)

The narrative is beautifully sculpted with all the peeps and peep objects. At the top, death is a central theme, with everything cascading down from it. The boat displays gorgeous craftsmanship. ;)

The storytelling is strong, creating a bittersweet map. The small houses by the coastline add charm, and the water effects are impressive. The romantic rct theme :mar: is evident throughout.

Colorful soldiers and fantastical buildings with drinks and ship themes enhance the atmosphere. The use of lunar objects from constellations is creative. Gangster-looking clouds and dynamic peep fights add excitement. Beastmode architecture and mythology elements enrich the composition.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading