Ask the Experts / Track Hacking ?

• Kumba%s's Photo
    ok i have been haveing a lot of trouble with this, the main thing is track margeing, Junya Boy give me a few tips on doing it in RCT2 and i almost did it but when the train hits the spot of the marge i get a trapper erorr every time ? and i have the same problem in RCT1 but insted of a Trapper erorr the train just crash'is ?

also i was hopeing to learn how to do that thing were the train swaps tracks (like trogen in SoV by RCTU) i think i saw VooDoo do that in RCT2 aswell.

so if someone could explian (with detail hopefuly) or give me a link to a good Tutorial it would be a huge help
  • Marshy%s's Photo

also i was hopeing to learn how to do that thing were the train swaps tracks (like trogen in SoV by RCTU) i think i saw VooDoo do that in RCT2 aswell.

Thats easy, just zero all clearences and build the track over itself....i think.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Rct1:

When you have the original track done, begin special build mode and build the new track which you will hack into for about 3 pieces. Then click on the original track and make sure you are building into it but you can not as you can see. So open the beast again and select execute build through. Quickly build through until it turns flashing white. It can now go right through onto the track.

Turtleman 8)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    You don't need to test the train in RCT1 to see if the merge worked. All you have to do is right click on a piece of track before the merge spot and use one of the arrows on the construction window to scroll through the pieces. If you scroll over the merge and can keep going than the merge works and the train won't crash. It's also important to know that the two tracks you are merging have to be pointed in the same direction (whichever direction the arrow is pointing when you scroll to the end of the track). Also, when you merge it will only work in one direction so if you want the coaster to go backwards over the same merge you'll have to re-merge going the other direction in a different place. All this merging gets tricky to keep track of especially when you start doing through the station stuff and track splitting on the same coaster (like in Erwindale) but once you understand how it works it's only a matter of clicking fast enough.
  • mantis%s's Photo

It's also important to know that the two tracks you are merging have to be pointed in the same direction

Unless you're doing speed-switch a la Pahoehoe Flow :D

(ps what is your avatar about?)

I think you just have to find your own technique for merging...i just line up the 'execute build thru' with the 'build this' and click like mad.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    well guys thanx for trying to help with the RCT1 track margeing but i cant install RCT1 on my computer so im not gona be playing it anyways.

and for RCT2 i still dont get it, ??? but if you did try to help me, you should know is probley not your fualt. im a very slow learner.
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Hm... you can do this:

Build track until the merge, then start special build mode. Build the merged track, then start build thru. Connect the original coaster to the merged park, and it should work...

Oh yeah, be sure to END special build mode at this point. ;)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

Unless you're doing speed-switch a la Pahoehoe Flow :D

(ps what is your avatar about?)

I think you just have to find your own technique for merging...i just line up the 'execute build thru' with the 'build this' and click like mad.

So that's how they do it. I didn't bother to study that ride but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to figure out. It is a cool effect.

My avatar is taken from a Radiohead video called 'Rabbit in Your Headlights'. It's a car smashing into the back of some guy and exploding. Yep. I liked the image and the video has a cool kind of surrealism to it. I was up late one night watching the video over and over again (note: i think having insomnia is kinda like being stoned) and I started to like the idea behind it and the image was cool enough so bingo, new avatar. I like it better than my earlier ones so it'll probably stay awhile.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ok i think i got it in RCT1, i dont relly know how but i did a 3 or 4 times (but i had to use my other slower computer to play) but in RCT2 even if i turn off the build mode i still get the trapper erorr (am useing windows XP if that maters) so its good news bad news i guess, thanx for the help
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    RCT 2 merging is actually easier than RCT 1 merging, IMO. It doesn't require super fast hands.

Anyway, I guess I'm letting the "secret" out by explaining how to merge in RCT 2.

Keep in mind that this only works for merging one track to another. I haven't figured out how to make stuff for luge coasters or stuff like that yet.

Lets pretend we have two coasters. Coaster A will merge into Coaster B. That means that the train will be running on Coaster A's track first, then wind up on Coaster B's track.

1. Build coaster A track.

2. Start special build mode

3. Build two or three more squares of straight track with coaster A track.

4. Build coaster B track through a bit of the rest of your layout.

5. Enable build through.

6. Using coaster B track, build backwards through two or three squares of coaster A track (it should work for two, but to be save, build three squares).

7. Enable build through again.

8. Using coaster A track, build forwards through the two or three squares of track that you just made with coaster B. If it works, the construction should stop after two squares, even if you keep on clicking on the build track button. Also, the area where it merged will remain all white, like when you're constructing, and it shows the track that will be placed there if you build it but is not there yet.

9. End special build mode.

That should do it! Just repeat again at the end to connect coaster B track back to coaster A (except this time, replace A w/ B and vice versa in the above steps) so that the train returns to its own station and doesn't trapper error.

There. The secret's out of the bag. You may all thank me.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    That does sound easy. It also sounds like the through the station merge won't work but if you can set the number of laps that may not matter.
  • Midnight Aurora%s's Photo
    Dammit, Mantits. There goes my gimmick...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    gazza's gimmick ;)
    No, no, only that one was his. I found all the rest. Even so, Gazza is far too stoned to claim it as his own.
  • rctmanplaysrct%s's Photo
    I will tell you this: I know how to do every single type of merge that was available in RCT1. Even those wierd bounces in that lab thing....but I am making tutorials for http://www.rctcompetition.com . Check there every once in a while to find it.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    ^You suck for giving away secrets n00b.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I think he has the right idea. There's no reason for hacks to be a secret. Some people discover something and they want to be the only one who knows how to do it. That's up to them but I'll gladly explain any hacks I know to people because those same people may discover something new and then I'll be wanting to know how they did it. It's like scientific progress, if you share your knowledge with the community than more knowledge will come back to you.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

I will tell you this: I know how to do every single type of merge that was available in RCT1. Even those wierd bounces in that lab thing....but I am making tutorials for http://www.rctcompetition.com . Check there every once in a while to find it.

Very nice... thanks!

And rctfreak, he's not a n00b.

I think he has the right idea. There's no reason for hacks to be a secret. Some people discover something and they want to be the only one who knows how to do it. That's up to them but I'll gladly explain any hacks I know to people because those same people may discover something new and then I'll be wanting to know how they did it. It's like scientific progress, if you share your knowledge with the community than more knowledge will come back to you.

It's not that I don't want the hacks I found to be secret. I'd just like to release some of it before someone comes along and tells everyone how to do it. I'm sure everyone here that had something ripped off of them can understand that one...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I want to know the Magik Carpets trick!

Roll on 31st September!!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading