RCT Discussion / Tedious Beast complications....

• Scorchio%s's Photo
    OK - First off, Hello All :D
    I've been meandering through New Element for awhile now, not really doing much, apart from the occasional post or seomthing, but now I'm up and running, and even though my parks are only created with Added Attractions (damn crappy comp.), I'll be making a few more appearances now....

Anyway, my question here is more of a querie than anything else.

I like to use the Beast Trainer to merge rides, especially to make tunnels with Heartline track and so forth. When it comes to building through, for instance, builing a Steel Twister track through a Heartline "tunnel", the Heartline tunnel disappears, and even when I "End Special Build Mode", the track still doesn't come back. It's frustrating, 'coz I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Also, after a recorded 60 odd attempts to merge Vertical and S. Twister track, still nothing. How do you guys do it?

I know that great parks can be made in RCT1 without hacking, but I have SO many good ideas that just aren't able to be shown because of my inexperience, therefore making me sad :'(

Can anyone out there help, or is anyone "stuck in the same boat" as me?
  • GuestLittle Wilso%s's Photo
    For the heartline twister youve gotta have the track going the opposite way to the other coaster when you build through it. Also restore clearances when youve finished hacking too. that could be a possible problem.

:et: Turned :et:
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    [COLOR=purple]
    Thanx, I'll try that, and should post a small screen of my success!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah the problem of the disappearing track can be solved just like turned1 said by having the heartline track going in the opposite direction. That very same problem had me stumped for awhile too. If the two coasters are going in the same direction than whatever you try to build through the tunnel will overwrite it.

Your merging trouble is probably related. If you want to merge two coaster tracks together, they have to both be going in the same direction. Also, the pieces where the tracks merge must be the same. That's why it's easier to merge on straight sections. With enough practice you can merge practically anything though. So make sure each track is pointing the same direction, select the track piece you want to merge and make sure it matches with the piece it is going to merge into, unpause the game, place the Beast trainer over the window so 'zero all clearances' is over the build button, and click fast. Then make sure you restore clearances afterwards. If the merge worked you should be able to click on a piece of track on the first ride and use the arrows on the build menu to scroll onto the second track. If this works, than the train will pass over the merge. And of course remeber to merge it back sometime later in the ride.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    OK - I can make tunnels now - THANX.

But... I'm just gonna give up on track merging... maybe I was never destined to figure it out :'(
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    No need to give up. Anyone can do it. It is tough at first but it becomes quite easy with practice. Don't think of it as a series of steps you have to follow, just think about the desired affect and the way the game works. The game treats all tracks the same so as long as the track is continuous, the train will pass over it without any problems. If you go into edit mode, the game highlights a piece of track by flashing white. If you click on the little arrows on the bottom of the construction window you can scroll through the entire track layout. If you can scroll from the station, across the whole track, and then back again then your track is a continuos circuit. Now what you're doing when you're merging is fooling the game into thinking that several coaster pieces are actually all one coaster layout. If you build any coaster piece over another coaster piece of the same exact element (straight track, slight incline, whatever) and you click fast enough, the two pieces will merge together. It's really simple. Don't worry if it doesn't work for you right away. I had a lot of trouble with it at first. Keeping trying and eventually it will start to work for you consistently. And remember that you can always check your merges without testing the coaster. Just select a piece before the merge so that it's flashing white, and then scroll over the pieces. If the flashing white cursor moves over the merged section and keeps going, than your merge was succesful. If not, delete the last two pieces and try it again until it works.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Perhaps you should mention change the mode to "Power Launched Mode".
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Ok, I won't give up. It just gets annoying, watching that bloody rollercoaster train crash over and over and OVER again!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah but you shouldn't need to test with the train to see if it works. That's why I was saying you should just scroll through the pieces in the construction window. That's how you can test it. Also, you'll know when it merged because you will have a piece highlighted from track 1 and then when you speed click to merge it will highlight a piece from track 2. If it doesn't do that, either the two track aren't going in the same direction or you didn't click fast enough.

As far as clicking fast is concerned, this is what you do: Build track 1 up to the merge. Build track 2 after the merge. Select the last piece of track 1 and change the next piece to be constructed so that it matches the first piece of track 2. Now, unpause the game and set it to window mode (if you haven't already). Select the Beast Trainer and drag it over the RCT window so the option for "Zero All Clearances" is ontop of the construction window. Now, click on "Zero All Clearances" and keep clicking another 2 or 3 times. There can't be a delay between the clicks. The first click will zero clearances and the RCT window will automatically pop on top of the beast trainer so that the next clicks build the coaster piece before the game informs you that clearances have been zeroed. It must be nearly instantaneous.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    My quick guide to track merging -

1) Build the original track to where you want to merge.
    2) Then build the 2nd track infront of the merge in special build mode.
    3) Move the beast so that when you highlight the 'Build through' option it is directly over the construction window of the first track.
    4) Double click extremely fast. You will first click on build through and then on the construction window.
    5) If it has worked the merge should be flashing white, you can then continue to build the coaster with the 2nd piece of track.
    6) When joining the merge up remember that this time you have to build the 2nd track through the original.
    7) Set the mode of the coaster to 'Powered Launch Mode', if the coaster you are using doesn't have this option you can change it using the beast by clicking on - rides - ride options.

I hope this helps.
  • Alienated%s's Photo
    and if none of those seem to help... you can use the OFFICIAL guide from the OFFICIAL site.. that is how i learned to merge tracks atleast.

That can be found.... HERE

Hope this helps

-Alienated-
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Does the Beast work better if you have LL?
  • gir%s's Photo
    Why wouldn't you build in LL..?
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    I think NE should have its own 'Beast Guide': A list of the Beast Basics for begginers. (No offence, Gatecrasher) You know, like they used to have at the Station. That's where I learned to use Beast.

Just an idea.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo

Does the Beast work better if you have LL?

There are two Beast trainers.

The original Beast is for use in LL only so hopefully you are not trying to use it in RCT2 because that could be why you're not getting anywhere.

Son of Beast is for use with RCT2 only. Make sure you don't get them mixed up.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

I think NE should have its own 'Beast Guide': A list of the Beast Basics for begginers. (No offence, Gatecrasher)  You know, like they used to have at the Station.  That's where I learned to use Beast.

Just an idea.

Yeah, that would be great. No offence taken on the "beginner" comment - like I'm an expert at RCT :lol:

But really, a beast guide would be good.
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Ehh, mabey not a Beast Guide, more like a beginners guide to hacking and using trainers. Many of us prefer to use the 8cars trainer. It is simpler, but doesn't have the freedom of beast. Still, if you truly want to hack, you need to use both.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    What's the "8CARS" Trainer, what duz it do, and where can I get it?¿?
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo

Ehh, mabey not a Beast Guide, more like a beginners guide to hacking and using trainers. Many of us prefer to use the 8cars trainer. It is simpler, but doesn't have the freedom of beast. Still, if you truly want to hack, you need to use both.

I'm using LL. Someone has my RCT2. Didn't think about that. A beginners guide is what I meant.

Gatecrasher, 8cars is for RCT2, but I haven't used it 'cos of what I already said. Forgot where I got it... should I e-mail it to you? (I don't think I have a virus... according to Norton)

Anyway, I also am not that good, but I try. It's 'cos I'm busy with other stuff, that's why I post once every millenium.

Btw, I need SoB. Where do I get it? (I getting RCT2 back next week)
  • hxzero%s's Photo
    Coaster Grotto? http://storm-cloud.e...rotto/index.jsp

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading