Music Forum / QOTSA died.

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    http://www.mtv.com/n...?headlines=true

Okay, I was expecting Lanegan to leave, but Nick is leaving too? There's no band left! :'(
  • JKay%s's Photo
    like I give a rats ass...... :|
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Why do you care? You're Moonspoon now...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    My username doesn't create my musical tastes.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    no, it doesn't create them, it reflects them.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That's a shame :( I guess it was all those bloody side-projects.

Looks like i'll have to get their old one and be happy with that. SFTD was worth it, though. No-One Knows was worth it, to be honest.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

no, it doesn't create them, it reflects them.

And since I change my name, I can't like them any longer?
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

And since I change my name, I can't like them any longer?

Nope, so be sure not to change your name to Radiohead! :p

Kai :huey:
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Nope, so be sure not to change your name to Radiohead! :p

Kai  :huey:

That's my AIM name. ;)
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Ill go weep at my Nick Oliveri shrine, Tears streaming down my face as i play No One Knows on my shitty bass, my arms clinging onto the speakers with Feel Good Hit of the Summer vibrating from its hallowed depths. I dont think QOTSA can ever be the same again. Nick was the heart and soul of the band.

This is the band that got me into music, seriously. They havnt split up, I know but their as good as. Although there were more than 2 members, Josh Homme and Nick were QOTSA and now ones left. Ah well, we'll just have to see if they release anything else and if they do will it be any good?
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    ...so thats what your name means...
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Nooooooooooo! They were my most favorite band ever.

Plus after such a good album.. UGH. I was really looking forward to a new album. That article said they were planning on releasing a new album, though.. but I'm not sure if that will suck or not with Oliveri gone. :(

Well I guess it's good that they broke up before they had a chance to sell out. It would have been pretty hard to follow up SFTD.. but still.

This makes me mad. I even had my guitar tuned down to devil tuning for over a week. Terrible news..
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well if the songs are written already (depending on what exactly that means) than the album should still be good. Any competant musician can play bass lines written by someone else. The impact it will have in the future is that someone else will be writing the bass lines.

Nick and Josh were the band, true. But replacing a bass player is not the same as replacing a lead guitar player. It'll still sound similar, it just might not groove like it used to. Then again, QOTSA for me were all about the groove so this could be devastating. Regardless, Josh Homme will come up with something worth listening to. I guarantee it. It's still sad though...

:devil:

In related news, has anyone heard the Probot album? Supposedly it's out now.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    And here I thought you were trying to pull a Holy Drool.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Okay, whoever deleted my post in this thread please PM me with a reason why.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

[font="Tahoma"]Okay, whoever deleted my post in this thread please PM me with a reason why.[/font]

Obligations are distant from this.
    Actions are excused, the authority of adix.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo
    _
  • JBruckner%s's Photo

Obligations are distant from this.
    Actions are excused, the authority of adix.

[font="Arial"]
    That was like poetry SFK.
    It WAS poetry.
    [/font]
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Well if the songs are written already (depending on what exactly that means) than the album should still be good. Any competant musician can play bass lines written by someone else. The impact it will have in the future is that someone else will be writing the bass lines.

Nick and Josh were the band, true. But replacing a bass player is not the same as replacing a lead guitar player. It'll still sound similar, it just might not groove like it used to. Then again, QOTSA for me were all about the groove so this could be devastating. Regardless, Josh Homme will come up with something worth listening to. I guarantee it. It's still sad though...

But the real impact will be the few songs that Nick sings on...Millionaire, Six Shooter, Quick and to the Pointless, etc. Not to mention his growling backing vocals on Song for the Deaf. So sad, so sad.

Okay, whoever deleted my post in this thread please PM me with a reason why.

You wished death upon me, didn't you.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

It's a good thing we're not talking about PRIMUS here...I can't see replacing Les or Ler and it still being PRIMUS as you know it. True Herb left, but it's not like he's John Bonham or something.

As for QOTSA (the band), I don't know them that well to be honest. I think I knew the 2 songs I heard on the radio last year, and that's it. In the end, no big loss for me...that already happened when Corgan disbanded the Pumpkins...or when Mark Sandman of Morphine died of a heart attack.

Kai :huey:

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading