Music Forum / Radiohead?

Do you like Radiohead's new Style or old style?

• Panoramical%s's Photo
    I find their new stuff too strange. I'll stick with "the bends".
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I think it's all incredible.

I can't choose a favourite. It's all mood-dependent. Actually, that's a lie. They're all good no matter what mood i'm in.
  • cg?%s's Photo
    what does "new" mean? i assume you're referring to "Kid A" - "Hail To The Thief", and based upon this assumption, i voted "new".
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    New. I thought HTTT was really good.
  • cBass%s's Photo
    I voted New.

"too strange" makes no sense to me.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    All of the above.
    Well, my favorite album ever is OK Computer. Is that old or new? Who cares, they're all great. Minus Pablo Honey. Let's pretend that didn't happen.

And if you want to stick with The Bends, just go listen to Muse.

(I thought I left.)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    OK Computer is my favorite, Hail to the Thief is my second favorite. It's all great. Even Pablo Honey. Now the challenge is to find other bands as good as Radiohead. There must be some out there.
  • John%s's Photo
    Hail to the Thief and OK Computer are tied, I guess.
    But, really, I love it all.

I'm just starting to dip into the amazingness of Kid A and Amnesiac, though.

So, uh, null vote?
  • mantis%s's Photo

OK Computer is my favorite, Hail to the Thief is my second favorite. It's all great. Even Pablo Honey. Now the challenge is to find other bands as good as Radiohead. There must be some out there.

Busted. Check them out.

I rank Radiohead as my favourite, then Flaming Lips, Goldfrapp and Beck are the closest.

Goldfrapp especially. I'm in love with their two albums. Felt Mountain is the record i'd wish to emulate if I were to make a record. Black Cherry is just damn sexy.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ lol.
    Clinic are very similar to the Kid A style.

For me, old. Because I've never had time to listen to their new stuff... it doesn't appeal to me for some reason.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

Busted. Check them out.

They are the worst band ever :)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    *ahem* that would be McFly!
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Busted. Check them out.

Are they like another one of those British bands like Muse who just rip off Radiohead's Bends period?

Or are they like another one of those British bands like Starsailor or the Stereophonics who just rip off Oasis's early 90s boring-as-shit "Britpop"?
  • mantis%s's Photo

Are they like another one of those British bands like Muse who just rip off Radiohead's Bends period?

Or are they like another one of those British bands like Starsailor or the Stereophonics who just rip off Oasis's early 90s boring-as-shit "Britpop"?

lmao!

Go and download 'Year 3000' and find out for yourself.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

Ohhhhhhh. dear. Muse do not rip off Radiohead. I think you'll find that if you compare "Time Is Running Out" to "Just" there is a huge difference. And yes, the Stereophonics are bad. Starsailor sound nothing like Oasis. kthx
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Ohhhhhhh. dear. Muse do not rip off Radiohead. I think you'll find that if you compare "Time Is Running Out" to "Just" there is a huge difference. And yes, the Stereophonics are bad. Starsailor sound nothing like Oasis. kthx

I saw the video for Silence is Easy last night. Not only was the video one of the worst I have ever seen, but the music sucked as well. Boring derivative Britpop. Better than The Darkness, though. Those shits ought to be deported.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Right well personally I couldnt disagree more, but I don't want to fall out with more people here so I guess it's down to the fact that our opinions differ.

:peace:
  • John%s's Photo

Better than The Darkness, though. Those shits ought to be deported.

I agree. :(
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    MoonSpoon, if you think starsailor rip off oasis, you are seriously misguided. They cite many influences, such as Van Morrison and Jeff Buckley, but certainly not Oasis. When you say rip off, you mean influenced by anyway and surely all music is influenced by other music, as all rct parks are influenced by other parks.... that's how things can get to the standard they do.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    [font="Arial"]
    It's all amazing.
    [/font]

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading