News / VOTING!

• iris%s's Photo
    The Awards are here.
    Time to vote.

Note: There is one mistake...in the Best Duo/Group Park category, it has "Iron Wood Valley" by Kumba & Titan instead of Kumba & penguinBOB. My mistake.

Click Here To Vote! Good Luck To All!
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    coaster ed, x-sector, and mantis all had incredible years. I had trouble in a lot of the categories.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Some hard picks and some easy ones. Mostly the hard ones for me were picking between ones I didn't know and like 2 good parkmakers.

The hardest would be Mantis and Mala for parkmaker of the year.
    I picked Mantis cause of WOMB, that park was fuckin awsome. :D

When will the awards night be?
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Go ED, Mantis and Oceania :)
  • Steve%s's Photo
    The 'Non-Parkmaker of the Year' award had to be the hardest category.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

The 'Non-Parkmaker of the Year' award had to be the hardest category.

i narrowed that down quick

NC, John and Turtleman are just not reddy yet, i mean what a bunch of awsome screens and 2 small contest entrys released combind! i cant see any of them winning, and dont think they should.

slob, no full solo but 5 or 6 nice contest entrys, again i think you got to wait to see what he does befor he moves up to parkmaker.

Me, well i have not done one thing worthy of being made a parkmaker, but maybe if you add up all my stuff i have a small case, yeah i sure have been active.

Phatage - when i think about him, i think of cBass - One amazing solo, Alien PT, lol. he can be moved up, he is reddy.

Micool - he should have been made a parkmaker after all the releasd parks he had a month ago. he will bring something new, IMO top choice.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    actually Kumba, that is an excellent analysis.

Although the screens that nemchris, john, slob, and turtleman have shown are at least 50 times better than the parks you've released.
    ;)

I really agree with most of your analysis, and I ended up voting for micool for pretty much the same reasons.

Really, him and phatage are kinda RCT1/2 versions of each other. The difference, in Micool's NE Invitational, he shows that he has good coaster and theming skills, aka he can do more than othello gimmics. What I've seen from phatage is essentially 2 pretty well done gimmics, although neither showed THAT great architecture skills.

So, micool has the creativity, skills, and productivity.
    Phatage has creativity and productivity.
    Slob has creativity and excellent skills.
    Nemchris has skills, he seems to be starting to experiment with more themes.
    John has skills.
    Kumba has creativity and productivity.
    Turtleman has creativity, skills, but hasnt released ANYTHING, ever. No PT's, etc.

Also, its dawned on me that entering the PT might have actually hurt some people. If the requirement for parkmaker is a completed solo, if slob doesnt get it from the PT or this he's basically screwed himself, with a solo 0% done before h2h.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Jesus Christ Kumba, learn to spell! :p
  • John%s's Photo
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who still is annoyed by that.

"i narrowed that done quick"
    I bet you did.
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    Some hard picks in there because i havnt been around here very long and i dont know alot of the older stuff..
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I'm an asshole?
  • Phatage%s's Photo
    I really wish that this was just a couple days later than it came, but oh well.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    Where can I download Oceania Theme Park? It's not on the runner ups list.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Where can I download Oceania Theme Park? It's not on the runner ups list.

Check Kirii's parkmaker page, I think its there.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    JS- That it is.

For me there were alot of hard catigories. For me the hardest though with best group park. I love SAP Caticysim to death. It's moved up my personal list everytime I've looked at it. I just keep discovering new stuff in Ed's area. It's amazing. City Of Dreams got my vote though for it's overwelming skill in exicution and incredable detail. I don't think it has the depth that Caticysm does though, just so much more skill....

The runner-up catigory remains perfectly clear to me, Emperor of the Forgotten Relms. Daemon is amazing and the rest of the map is over looked too much for it. There is an amazing amount of creative ideas, hacks and details placed around the entire park. And the style in every theme is so different from anyone else. Disney's Mid America and Oceana are more worthy because they desirved spotlight all along. EotFR still got my vote (who ever said love is rational?)

ride6
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Six Flags Worlds of Excitement and Unfriendly Invader weren't just gimmicks. They were solid parkmaking in every way. Don't just look at Unfriendly Invader and see the trackless hack. Watch the coaster the whole way through, read all of the signs, click on the staff members. The architecture may not have been your cup of tea but there are some exceptional buildings in there. The farmhouse, McDonald's, movie theater, bowling alley. They're all detailed and believable. I know you guys love alternating teals and yellows and layers and whatnot but there's more to architecture than that. Look at the shapes too. Unfriendly Invader was simply parkmaker quality work all the way around. And as for Worlds of Excitement, maybe the trees were ugly and the layout was a bit confusing but the level of detail in the park is phenomenal. The support structures alone are more impressive than 50 screens of nice looking trees and coasters. Even the parking lot felt totally authentic with section numbers and everything. Phatage is not only skilled and innovative, he's different and he obviously cares enough to fill his parks with tons of details that most people would miss in a casual glance through the park. Those are the marks of a parkmaker to me. Not that the other nominees aren't qualified, and Micool has had it coming for a long time, but Phatage has only released 2 parks, one of them a mini and he's already established himself as one of the most exciting RCT2 parkmakers around. Pretty clear to me who deserves the award the most.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    It's taken me 3 years but I've finaly got one nomination :SA: !

Hopefully there's more to come in the future.

As for these awards I found alot, if not all of them, easy to decide, my LL preference makes it easier I suppose.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    The LL park of the year was real tough.

Both mantis parks kicked ass.
    SWA wasn't too bad either.
    Disney Movie Magic was kinda cool too.

So yeah...I can't even remember which one I went with.
    They all deserve it.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Phatage has only released 2 parks, one of them a mini and he's already established himself as one of the most exciting RCT2 parkmakers around.

If my work is enough to keep a retired legend coming back to the site to stand up for it, then many of my days have been made. Thanks Ed.

BTW, who said I couldn't build in LL? ;)
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

but Phatage has only released 2 parks,

Actually, go to Coasterbuzz games and search for his name in both tracks and saved games and you'll find some old skool Phatage, though it doesn't compare to his work today. Also, I remember he won that RCT Station contest when they tried to revive themselves not too long ago.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading