News / QFTB Elite 8 - Region 1

• iris%s's Photo
    Hey, time for the Elite 8 round of the Quest for the Best. We have two of the best all-time parkmakers faced up against each other. This could very well serve as the overall championship match seeing how good these two are. Both have been around since the early Danimation days. The winner of this match-up will advance to become the first parkmaker to reach the NE Final 4.

Fatha'
    Posted ImagePosted Image

x-sector
    Posted ImagePosted Image

Quest For The Best Parkmaker - Elite 8: Region 1
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I went with x.
    But, I worship both.
  • yyo%s's Photo
    I'd have to say x. I just think he has just a little more theming ability. But of cource both are rct gods
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Fatha. I have loved his work from day 1
  • Ablaze%s's Photo
    x

Can expand his theming abilities across a variation of themes.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Fatha' but shit that was hard. DMM & the thought of POC and his past spotlights are just so cool, but it was like pulling teeth picking in this one, both guys should be in the final 4.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    X, but I like them both.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Argh. This was hard. Very, very hard.

In the end anyway, I voted for X. I just prefer his more crazy style.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Both are amazing, but X takes my vote.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Fatha', I got yo back.

X, you're not too bad either though ;)
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Went with X
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    unbeleivable round. Both really dominate in their respective areas...although fatha showed he could be crazy in miami2040, and x showed he could be a bit more traditional in the entrance to Audrix Towers.

Both are ace.

X got my vote. What a round, though.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Fatha got my vote. Despite the fact that I always hassle him about his overused covered balconies or his gardens that all look the same, I really think he's the better parkmaker. His style doesn't define perfect, it is perfection. He creates some classic rides and rollercoasters and has shown some creativity with his latest park. I don't want to hate on X-Sector, but everything he makes seems watered down and over-built. He doesn't have his own style and he borrows too much from RRP. X doesn't have too much creativity either, atleast not enough for me to notice. Sorry X, The Hairy Green guy gets the vote ;)
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Voting for either one would be a cruel injustice to the other. Both are basically perfect parkmakers. However, there were two minor differences in the way they make parks that for me swayed the vote ultimately toward X.

Fatha’ likes to build themed areas in what I call the settlement method. He creates what he thinks a village would look like in whatever theme he’s going for. The viewer is immersed in the theme through the buildings and architecture. However, there aren’t really too many “extras” that Fatha’ adds to his themes; he’s never been big on hacking large objects and it usually makes his areas look even and nicely balanced.

X is also good at the settlement method, but he also adds extras to the themes he’s building in. For example, the oil rig in Crepe Myrtle Islands, or the Golden Gate Bridge in City of Dreams. These extras help to spice up the theme, give it a little variety, and sometimes show more of what the theme is about. After all, buildings do go pretty far, but there are other things to show about civilizations besides just their everyday buildings.

The other difference, and a bigger one in my book, is the use of landscaping. Fatha’s settlements are usually on flat ground, with a path or two winding through them. Sometimes there are hills on or in which rides are based, but the central buildings themselves tend to be on level ground. X, on the other hand, has shown that he can build villages on the sides of hills, and sometimes the effect of having one building partially above another is a break from the flat ground. Fatha’ might create rides that travel through and on hills, but X can do rides that go through villages that are themselves on hills.

So both parkmakers are basically flawless in the way they build, but X-sector to me is more adept with all kinds of settlements and landscaping. That is why he got my vote.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Fatha'
  • gir%s's Photo
    Fatha'

He awes me with his work every time. I can't imagine what I'd do if I couldn't look at Tropico Field for inspiration, and then look at it in RCTGL. :)
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Fatha' got it here. His parks are just so balanced and easy to look at and enjoy and they only get better if you take the time to look into the details. X-Sector is the master of theming but his architecture can't begin to compair with Fatha's and his atmosphere always seems chaotic. Really Fatha's atmosphere is straight forward the simple, very perfected. X's is alittle more off-base somehow. Maybe it's the textures. Fatha's a slightly better coaster builder since X has been coming around more and more lately in that catigory.

Fatha'

This is the most cruel match up ever....

ride6
  • jon%s's Photo
    Fuck! What a round! I wen't with Fatha' after a while thinking about it.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    X

By a whisker.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    fatha

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading