Contests / Legends Challenge

• Panic%s's Photo
    OK, I keep hearing "Legends Challenge" in different spots around the community, so I've been wondering this for a while:

When was the Legends Challenge?

What was the assignment?

Who won and what was the winning entry like?

What (who) were the runner-ups?

Where can I find the downloads to some of the entries?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Natelox won it.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    My mistake in reading.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Got the 3rd place title ;)

A-K came in 3rd place with "The Unknown".
    Natelox won the contest with "Disney's Ruiz Island Railroad", and RRP came in second with "Katcun".

It was NE's first contest, one of our best....better then NextElement & Blockbuster...we had entries from Nate, RRP, AK, Harakiri, Roomie, a few others. We lost the page for it and so it's not up on the contest page. It's now just a urban legend around NE.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    What was the assignment?
  • natelox%s's Photo

It's now just a urban legend around NE.

The one competition I win is now an urban legend, soon to be forgotten about. Jeez!
  • MindBender5%s's Photo

The one competition I win is now an urban legend, soon to be forgotten about. Jeez!

Except those 5 spotlights.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    That contest was really fun. I remember making a really cool giga coaster. "Orange Burst", I believe.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    hey iris, if people still have all their parks that placed in the contest, why don't you create a page for it, and ask around for the files if you don't have them?

I'll look less sparse if ya do =P
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I've got pretty much all of the files if you need them lol.

Panic - the assignments was...build a cool coaster. Hehe, those were the days when Gigas ruled and AK broke all boundaries with The Unknown.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I don't know, but for some reason, I liked "Legend of Altai" so much more. Still my favourite LL Fyler.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    I agree with Blitz.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Ok, now that I know about the Legends Challenge, how about the Balls to the Wall contest?
  • iris%s's Photo
    Balls to the Wall was Danimation's wooden coaster contest.
    Buster won it with two entries, so he 'co-won' with himself.

Corkscrewed came in second, and some weird "Mirror Image" shit came 3rd.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I think that mirrored coaster was by Holy Drool, actually, if I remember correctly. I could be way off tho.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    Corky, you screwed me over on the Legends Challenge. : (
  • Stargazer%s's Photo

I think that mirrored coaster was by Holy Drool, actually, if I remember correctly. I could be way off tho.

Fuck me that name brings back memories about that whole death thing..and the hysteria it caused on the Danimation website...

*stargazer*
  • posix%s's Photo
    What was that again by the way?
    He didn't die for real, did he?
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    I don't remember for certain but I seem to remember that eventualy he was found under a different username or something and he didn't actualy die???

I'm probably completley wrong but that's how I recall it.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    I was supisious of his death thing, and found out someone else's username had something to do with HolyDrool, so I told Adix, and he found out they had the same IP, or something. I forgot how it went.
    He faked it.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading