Quest for the Best: Xtreme / QFTB-X Begins...Challenges & Deadline

• iris%s's Photo
    Now I know I told some people that this wouldn't begin for a week or two, but I really feel the need to speed this up. But I will make the first deadline July 22, 2004. That's three weeks from today. So that is the deadline...

Now, before I post the challenges, the rules.

-Use your own workbenches. However, if you are going to use custom scenery make sure that the other person has them available. If they don't want to use them that's fine, but no using scenery that the other person can't. You don't have to share with everyone, only your opponent.
    -There may be no dueling coasters in this round...those are reserved for a later round so please don't build any.
    -Keep your entries anonymous. Of course build in the style you make your parks, but do not have your name or hints in there anywhere about who may have made the park. The judging will be held anonymously, so don't make it a pain for us please.
    -As I just stated, the judges are anonymous. You will not know who judged what until after the tournament. If I find out that any judge has revealed themselves, they will be banned for 1 month. Harsh? Yes. I like it that way.
    -You CAN use old non-released rides if they fit the description of what you have to do.
    -You must build the appropriate type of ride. If you submit a ride that is not the type you were specified to, it will not be acknowledged and you will forfeit.

Here's how the money issue will work.
    Right now, everybody is worth zero. Every time you advance, you earn $10. That is the main way to earn money in this contest. Secondly, there will be a "Best of the Genre" vote after each round held by the general public. This allows the people at New Element to get involved in this contest, by voting for the best type of coaster made in that round. For instance, you get $10 if you beat your opponent, and an extra $5 if you built the best Inverted Coaster of all 8 Inverted Coasters made in the first round. So you could earn $15 per round if you dominate each round. However, the first time you lose, you forfeit all your money. Only the winner of the entire tournament will win money, but it's up to them just how much they win.

Now, time to see those challenges!

=============================
    SPECIAL NOTICE!

Iris is away and hasn't got access to his e-mail, so he's extending the deadline by a day or two to whenever he gets back! So you're risking it if you think you've got more than 2 days to get it in, but this might make it easier for some people to meet the deadline. Get going!

Iris:
    Yes guys I'm up in Orlando right now visiting my future college. I can still go online but I can't check my e-mail. So here is the deal regarding entries. I'm trying to be generous by giving you guys another day or so, but the catch is...I don't have a concrete time I'm getting home. Whenever it is I decide to come home, I'm coming home. It will either be Friday or Saturday most likely, at any time on one of those days. So the deal is...if you can get it into my inbox by the time I get home, I will accept it. Otherwise, you've really proven what an unproductive, lazy, procrastinating, unresponsible, annoying, useless waste of bandwith you really are.

Anyways, can't wait to see what you guys have in store for me when I get home. I better have about 20 unread e-mails sitting in my inbox

(new page cos I know some people can't be bothered to read all this shit)
  • iris%s's Photo
    East Bracket

Themed Flying Coaster
    1.mantis
    16.Mystery Mod

8.Alec
    9.Themeparkmaster

5.Twisted
    12.rctfreak2000

4.Mortician
    13.Caddie Gone Mad

Themed Wooden Coaster
    6.Prince_Ashitaka
    11.Hevydevy

3.Bokti
    14.MightyMouse011

7.Turtleman
    10.ride6

2.natelox
    15.Valp
  • iris%s's Photo
    West Bracket

Themed Inverted Coaster
    1.Toon
    16.the legacy

8.leighx
    9.Richie

5.Turtle
    12.dragonfly

4.Metropole
    13.MachChunk

Themed Steel Twister/B&M
    6.deanosrs
    11.disneylandian192

3.DarkJanus
    14.DeDevil

7.Jacko Shanty
    10.Hopeless Host

2.aero21
    15.Beejer
  • iris%s's Photo
    North Bracket

Themed Premier LIM Coaster-Full Circuit
    1.JKay
    16.Bender902

8.Marshy
    9.Junya Boy

5.nemesis chris
    12.X250

4.Scarface
    13.Raven-SDI vs. Ann Bowman

Themed Mine Train
    6.supertrooper
    11.chapel+

3.PyroPenguin
    14.MoonSpoon

7.Kai
    10.Steve

2.Phatage
    15.rctfan1556
  • iris%s's Photo
    South Bracket

Themed Hyper/Giga
    1.x-sector
    16.RCT_Master

8.RCTNW
    9.Mad Dawg

5.Kumba
    12.Fenix

4.Diego
    13.AlchemistL7

Themed Rapids Ride
    6.penguinBOB
    11.IndyJones

3.Kevin
    14.Ice Dragon

7.Titan
    10.RCT_Flame

2.Corkscrewed
    15.iwillkillu999
  • artist%s's Photo
    Damn LIM, never tried one in my life.

Oh well this competition is all about challenges so atleast mine is a real challenge for me.

Going to start tonight.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Well Metro is in the next round if its an Invert, He IMO is the best invert maker here. :)

Is a B&M hyper alright? if not im good at Gigas so thats cool, & thx for not makeing me do another rapids, im out of ideas for them :p
  • deanosrs%s's Photo

Themed Rapids Ride
    3.Kevin

Bet you're wishing you hadn't entered that one for the pro tour now.... :p

Thanks for the compo info, iris. Now... to work...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Oooh flyers! I wonder how many will be B&M and how many vekoma. This'll be cool to see all the entries (although if anyone has any tips on making rct2 load faster i'd really welcome them).
  • Richie%s's Photo

4.Metropole
    13.MachChunk

I feel, so, so sorry for Machunk...

With these workbenches, could we edit the PT bench if we are lazy? It takes forever making a good bench, and the PT is perfect... some changes to it of coarse. I always forget something that i really want.

Edit -

although if anyone has any tips on making rct2 load faster i'd really welcome them

Buy a new computer :p

Edited by Richie, 01 July 2004 - 08:26 AM.

• Metropole%s's Photo
    Inverts......my favourite. But I'm more looking forward to seeing Toon's invert!!!!

Metro B)
  • rK_%s's Photo

Harsh? Yes. I like it that way.

i like this comp more already, time to build :D
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Ah shit...I suck at Mine Trains. I guess I'll have to do the best I can with them.
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    I suck at inveters....
    ah well
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Man why the fuck does it have to be wooden coasters?

I am shit at those...

:'(
  • rK_%s's Photo
    would track merging make the entry non-specific?
  • w33maniac%s's Photo
    You really have some cash to spare, or is it ravens?
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    This'll be very interesting. I'm not a huge rapids fan, but I look forward to challenging myself. Time to get to work...
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Lim powered...ah shit
  • artist%s's Photo
    ^ my thoughts exactly.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading