Park / Conquistador

14 Comments

• yyo%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Here's a beemer I worked on before I started yyo's california adventure. I sent this to NE designs but I guess It didn't make it. The coaster's themed to a soldier charging(?) through ancient aztec ruins. The theming is nice, but not over the top at all. The inversions are Loop, Dive Loop, Zero-G roll, Cobra Roll, and two Interlocking Corkscrews. This is probably my best coaster so far, and I'm proud of it. Also I followed your advice mantis (about the supports)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So anyway below's the download. The custom music it uses is the music from The Aegean

Conquistador [yyo].zip
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    If I had LL I'd download it... Looks nice from the screens though.
  • Rohn Starr%s's Photo
    yyo, would it be possible to get a full screen of the track, I'd like to see the entire layout.

hobbes, you can still use the track in RCT2. All you have to do is place it in your RCT2 tracks folder, it will show up in the game.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    Really? Never knew that... :lol:

Downloading. :)
  • Caddie Gone Mad%s's Photo
    I really, really like your style yyo. I haven't downloaded it, but it looks beautiful.
  • yyo%s's Photo
    Thanks CGM, Glad you like it! Anyway here's a overview for those who are wondering

Posted Image

Don't mean to nag, but could a moderater please pin this? cheers.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    The design looks pretty good, a few things I wouldn't do, but overall it's excellent.

I'm guessing it didn't get design status because it wasn't too special--the design (traditional b&m :|'''' ), the architecture could be better and more of it would be nice as well (but it doesn't bother me), and the theming isn't really there.
  • SFAW Fan%s's Photo
    Very good yyo. The station was great.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    For some reason, it reminds me of Posix. ;)
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Nice track...overall a very clever design.
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    Im not gonna bother downloading this cause i have seen designs like this to much.People think that a basic B&M design is awsome,but its really getting old.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    ^Opinion. This looks great, yyo, although it lacked a certain sparkle, which is probably why it didn't quite make a design. But keep trying, and I'd have thought you'll be pretty close next time!
  • ][ntamin22%s's Photo

The design looks pretty good, a few things I wouldn't do, but overall it's excellent.

I'm guessing it didn't get design status because it wasn't too special--the design (traditional b&m  :|'''' ), the architecture could be better and more of it would be nice as well (but it doesn't bother me), and the theming isn't really there.

now personally i don't hang around here nearly as much as i used to, but it has come to my attention that originallity of design in general doesn't seem to matter a whole lot in the Weekly Designs category. For example, the two obviously similar Kraken-based designs, Silvol and Kraken. They're both good designs, and might be solid peices in a larger park, but putting both of them in the weekly designs category shows either a lack of entrants or a form of ignorance. I'd rather see the Conquistador ride here and one of the Kraken-clones than two of the same thing. But seriously, what are the chances of a non-parkmaker design making it? i dunno, but they seem to be greatly reduced. ah well. i have work to do over at TN. if i ever get around to it, bumbling fool that i am.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    It's good to see you thinking about these things in detail, Intamin, but I would point out that some of the designs are (or were) by non-parkmakers. And in retrospect it's easy to think that certain designs would be preferred, but once they've already been put up, it'd be harsh to take them down again.

I liked the layout on this coaster quite a lot, although I wasn't completely keen on the long slant up and down from the barrel roll (i'm not a big fan of the gentle slant in general, unless it's kept to a 4 or so piece minimum). The architecture was nice, but a little small and isolated in places.

What I really did like was the way you kept the plantlife to the varied rocky bits, and kept the sand bare. It showed thought in placement, so kudos on that one!

Looking forward to your California park now - and I think that although you didn't get a design with this one, it can't have been far off.
  • REspawn%s's Photo

Im not gonna bother downloading this cause i have seen designs like this to much.People think that a basic B&M design is awsome,but its really getting old.

As it says ''Also known as crazeycoaster [sic]'' in your sig, my brain is going through pulses of:

''Ergo = He sucks"

so I will disregard your comment with contempt.

Anyway, back to the coaster... I like it.

Considering the rather sparse theming, although nice, doesn't really add to it since it is a COASTER design (hint for you slow-witted boorish morons; the keyword is in caps). What is there though serves its purpose. But the actual coaster is a beaut. It actually seems realistic, like something B&M would actually build.

Jolly good show, old chap.