RCT Discussion / a tribute to rct designers

• moediaz%s's Photo
    today i would like to thank all of the rct designers for all of their parks that made this game a real good pc game. remeber many people dont have this talent as you designers have. you have skill and patience. i really like everybody's work. each project is another master piece towards this world of roller caosters. many people wish they have the skills that you have. i know i wish. wow the designers here and at ne make creations that i never thought would be possible
    many people just post and say good job, but u really dont know what there thinking, well heres what i'm thinking. congrats to all designers who completed rct parks and tracks and those that are going to follow there footsteps. congrats. drink to you selfs gents. because for the past few years you've made a difference in miy and thousands of people's lives
    . thanks for making my rct gaming experience a joyful wonderful pleasure for me. it helped keep me away from a lot of things of crime thanks.

a tribute

please post your thoughts.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    If all it took was a computer game to keep people out of trouble, the world would probably be safer... lol.
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Well... That was... strange....

Oh well you said waht you felt and saying something like that takes guts or stupidity. In your case i dont know whicj ;) but whatever.. I bet the perkmakers appreciate the gratitued. (or they might not care at all)
  • Outlaw%s's Photo
    You're welcome.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    ^ wtf have you ever done Outlaw? :lol:

I'll take some thx tho, i'v made like 20 parks and one or 2 were good :birthday:
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo
    That's a pretty cool thing to say man. Sometimes things like that make it all worth it.

You know, when there's 93 posts saying "bad ass keep it up," it almost loses it's flavor, and people neglect to take the time to actually say something meaningful. They do not hesitate to go into detail when it looks bad, but they never detail what looks good. There's never: "Oh, I like that corner in front of the ride, the way the ride goes over the path looks good there, and the water is in a great place."
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    I agree with you sac. Not many (myself included) post detailed posts of the good things. I'll try to take notice of this in later posts to come.
  • Panic%s's Photo
    I'd like to pay respects you guys too, from the same position as moediaz. I still consider myself in the learning process as far as the theming side of RCT goes, so I'm not totally removed from the stage of looking at absolute admiration at something, thinking that I couldn't possibly do anything like it myself. I don't consider myself an official element of the parkmaking front just yet, so I still of think of the wonder that is NE-style parkmaking as a "you" thing rather than a "we" thing. Because it is a wonder. Prior to stumbling upon this place in the middle of last year I had always thought of RCT as a coaster design game. As far as LL went, whatever I could pull off on Barony Bridge or Evergreen Gardens was about as far as I could imagine in terms of parkmaking. Sure there were the long-gone parks of DNet, but I considered them way out of my league, beyond the grasp of my imagination. When I bought RCT2 all I basically did was fiddle around with the roller coaster designer side program. Well, you guys have shown me that so much more can be done with such simple and limited options to work with. If I had looked over the different types of walls and scenery that you can use in LL sometime around 2002, I would have never pictured adding them together in a certain order to make veritable cities. Much less the kind of art that some of you can make with these options. RCT2 is the same way. I had never imagined such detail could be put into parks that I see in Toon, Mala, and many other people's work.

I'd also like to thank NE for dragging me out of the couple of years where all I did was look at sites about real coasters. After DNet went under I had no idea there was much else to find in the RCT community, and so I started going to sites about real-life coasters - Thrillride, Screamscape, Coasterbuzz, CoasterGallery, CoasterGlobe, etc. I found them to get lame after a while as I was looking at the same coasters over and over again. RCT was to me a nice break every once in a while, but I found real-life coasters to be amazing enough and I never imagined creating anything to rival them in-game. Here I've basically experienced a self-renaissance in RCT, opened to new possibilities in the game that I had never imagined. Thanks to all of you for inspiring me.
  • moediaz%s's Photo
    i'm thinking all the desingers make one big park that would be cool.
  • posix%s's Photo

hahaha, fuck, guess what Kumba, i was just about to ask you the exact same thing.

as for moediaz, i agree with you and i've never thought any different. when i look at my beloved parks i too am dreaming of having skill like that and i am grateful that they were made.
  • moediaz%s's Photo
    wouldn't you agree that with all the building they create and the arihetect, they mayb have a real skill that they should use for real .
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    @ Kumba: There are more then 2 parks of you that are great!

Tiumba Islands With Titan , Tiumba II -The Lost Islands With Titan, Iron Wood Valley With PBoB and your Pro Tour Enterys and your QFTB-X entery´s

;) :birthday:
  • moediaz%s's Photo
    this is for all the designers at all of the websites not just here, even though the best parks are here, but this is a tribute to all.
    mayb outlaw made some parks, but thanks to all.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    Sorry, but don't you ever shut up?
  • Outlaw%s's Photo

I'm glad you picked up on the joke.
  • iris%s's Photo
    ^ :lol:
  • moediaz%s's Photo
    lol outlaw
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Cheers for this.Nice suck up dude.

If only I could find the time to play such a great game, then I'd be included in your parkmakers list, because the only way to go in this game is up.
    Don't worry, I'll be a parkmaker in no time. Btw love the white text!!!lolll
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Sorry, but don't you ever shut up?

?

besides the spelling, i don't see what's wrong with this topic.
  • PBJ%s's Photo
    ^ moediaz keeps takling ;) Like sometimes....

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading