RCT Discussion / RCT2 Death Match! (5 PM EST...10/29/04)

• Kumba%s's Photo
    I asked Raven if I could give this thing a shot and he was ok with it.

On Friday Oct. 29th at 5:00 pm EST the workbench will be posted, once it is you must start. at 7:00 pm time is up and you will have 10 minitues to E-mail them to steve at: steveomac41@comcast.net

No rules on what to build, just do whatever you want in 2 hours. Their are no rounds, winner take all. Anyone can enter, just DL the bench at 5 and have it back in by 7:10.

Once the entrys are in they will be shorted out and posted in a voteing topic to pick the winner. anyone can enter other then steve who is makeing the bench. (yeah I can enter :p )
  • Steve%s's Photo
    i probably wouldn't have entered anyway. :p

But yeah, looking forward to some quality entries, I hope some big names sign up.
  • Glory%s's Photo
    Damn, my skills suck atm.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

This "should" be cool, but the first one might not get off the ground.
    I am in full support of it though...

I think in futures Death Matches, it will become widely popular....
    :)

Raven
    §
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I should be able to do it. We'll see. Not like you have to sign up though, seeing as anyone can download.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I want to enter this thing, but did you really have to pick the 29th? :p Its the 1 day out of months that i cant be online. :@ :)
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I'm game for this, but the only problem I have is 5 pm EST = 3 pm MST and I will still be at work. I would need at least 6:30 pm EST - 8:30 pm EST in order to even have a chance. Plus, what about those with slow upload / download speeds?. (i have 26.6k 8@) ...anyway, dont change anything on my account, I just wanted to mention.
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

OK...

Since this little idea still is seeing some interest, I will talk to Kumba or he to me and we will discuss what a proper time for every participant is and plan accordingly.

This should be exciting...

Raven-SDI
    §
  • jon%s's Photo
    It sounds exciting. I'm a slow builder but I'll probably still try, I doub't there'll be any completed parks in it so it'd be more quality over quantity IMO. So, yeah sounds fun. Look forward to it.
  • Geoff%s's Photo
    COOL! I'm up for it.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    For JKay, what about releasing the bench in a passworded zip archive, and then posting the password to it an hour after it's released?
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

That would defeat the purpose of the "time" element of the contest.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    I dubt their is any time that me or Raven could pick thats good for everyone. 5 is great for the EST, and it makes it 10 - midnight UK I think.. and thats good, but yeah the west coast would need to start mid-day. So maybe we can just use dif times per time we try a Death Match, like do the next one at 7 pm EST or something.
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Pano's idea isn't bad, but how about this. Kumba or steve can email me the bench at the time I'm ready to start. Then I have two hours from the time stamp on the first email to get it back to steve to be accepted. The time limit could be verified with email times. I'd love to participate in this, so I'm hoping you guys can work out something for me... :D
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

I guess that wouldn't be a problem...

Talk to Kumba or Steve.

Raven-SDI
    §
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Only 2 hours now! so who thinks they will enter?
  • JKay%s's Photo
    Something has come up and I won't be able to participate either way. :'( Hopefully you guys will do this again so I can whoop some ass! :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Id need to talk to raven and steve but I was thinking of trying this monthly, last friday of each month, and we'd probably need to come up with a way to have more then 1 time, like putting a marker object in the dif bench'.
  • Geoff%s's Photo

Only 2 hours now! so who thinks they will enter?

I'm in.
  • hobbes%s's Photo
    I'm in. Dunno how good I'll be, that depends on the theme. We'll see.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading