H2H3 / Hurricanes/Vehemences Blockbuster Deal

• iris%s's Photo
    The biggest trade thus far, even overshadowing the Natelox/Phatage deal.

The Hurricanes get: Corkscrewed and slob

The Vehemences get: Coaster Ed and Richie
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Holy cow...

I think Kumba may have got the better deal for once...
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Hell yeah it's the biggest trade of the year.

I can't decide if I'm happy to be on the Hurricanes or not...
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    Not an EZ move, I traded one of my best friends, but I had to put the team first and with Cork, slob, Jacko, Junya, ect... we end up very strong in RCT2. I debated drafting Ed or Corky #1 so imo they are pretty much even H2H wise, tho yeah id say Ed is a bit better.

Chapel teat Ed & Richie well, im still kinda suprised I traded them..
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I feel that this trade leaned towards Kumba's advantage, however I dont see why you gave up Ed?....Ed has got to be the best h2h asset a h2h team came have. Oh well, I guess getting two NE parkmakers mostly makes up for it. I wouldnt be surprised if Kumba has a completely different when the season starts, so continue on with your trade-a-thon.
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    I think this is great! It is a chance to work with slob my favorite parkmaker :D
  • Janus%s's Photo
    omg, I never thought you'd trade Ed, Kumba. Daring move.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    I can't beleive you traded me before i even knew i was on your team, I thought it would be a good move moving to your team, i didnt think you would trade me. If i knew i woulda told iris i didnt want to move.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I think Kumba's team is stronger than before this trade (but not stronger than before he started trading), but trading an MVP is always a risky move. Good luck if you face the Vehemences in the playoffs.

After all your moves, you're probably pretty close to where you started in terms of depth and talent.
  • JKay%s's Photo

If i knew i woulda told iris i didnt want to move.

I already tried that richie. Captains don't account for personal feelings, but more for talent that fits the team as a whole. Completely understandable from a captain's point of view. I too would've liked to stay on iris's team, but I was traded. Just something that comes with the territory I guess.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Jkay, Iris contacted me and asked me if i would want to move or not. I told him i didnt mind moving if he got an offer from Kumba that he wanted to do. He said if i wanted to stay on his team, thats no problem.

Now my second trade happened without me knowing i was even on kumbas team, a team that i really wanted to be on. I understand it was a good trade for him, but i would of at least liked Kumba to talk to me and tell me that hes got this offer. Its not like he would have to wait long, im online pretty much everyday. I talk to him most days.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo

Jkay, Iris contacted me and asked me if i would want to move or not. I told him i didnt mind moving if he got an offer from Kumba that he wanted to do. He said if i wanted to stay on his team, thats no problem.

Now my second trade happened without me knowing i was even on kumbas team, a team that i really wanted to be on. I understand it was a good trade for him, but i would of at least liked Kumba to talk to me and tell me that hes got this offer. Its not like he would have to wait long, im online pretty much everyday. I talk to him most days.

get him back over the season
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Richie, unfortunately there is no such thing as an H2H no trade clause. Maybe if you fail the physical, the commish will have to veto the trade.

Seriously, Kumba probably had the second trade in the works before he even acquired you, so really it's more like a three way trade. All you can do is try to make your previous teams pay for their decisions.
  • jon%s's Photo
    I was looking forward to working with slob. I do think that the Hurricanes came off better but we got Ed. The greatest asset in H2H. Also, Richie's one of my favourite RCTers.
    Personally, I like the trade but, thinking strategically, I think Kumba got the better deal.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Having sort of worked with Ed during H2H3thatneverwas, I can tell you that ideawise and encouragementwise, Ed is second to none. He helped me inspire myself and revamp one of my parks to be unbelievably better. When he produces, he is unstoppable, but that when is the major question. He's kinda like Griffey... unbelievable when healthy, but is he going to be healthy? That's the gamble with Ed... but the good news is he's not hampered by school this semester, I think. Of course, you'll still have to reach him somehow...

In any case, Kumba got the better deal ASSUMING Ed performs averagely. If he doesn't, Chapel might have gotten a steal.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    I'm going to assume he's available and willing to produce or he wouldn't have signed up. Ed's just not the type to let his team down. Still think it's a good trade for Kumba tho as it definitely increases his starpower depth.
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Actually guys i changed the trade originally it was for Ed and Hobbes but I counter offered for Ed and Richie . And even then Kumba had a hard time letting go off Richie so he is not entirely at fault here.
  • Phatage%s's Photo

Having sort of worked with Ed during H2H3thatneverwas, I can tell you that ideawise and encouragementwise, Ed is second to none.

I would almost agree with you, but then I remembered the what was going to be the rct2 fantasy map and I would have to say that Ed was second to one, and you know who I'm talking about.

Thats a very interesting trade you did there Kumba, and I guess it sort of shows your intentions for the future as well. I'm not sure how Ed will be on a predominantly rct2 team, as I've noticed that 3 or 4 of the teams seem to be mainly rct2 being that most of the LL players are on tpm's team, and really the only one I see even attempting a mix between the two is Iris and maybe Posix. This kind of makes things very interesting now, I can't wait to see what happens.

Iris, if you could get Ed then I would be even happier to be on the Icons. ;)
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Now that would be really nice...as long as we were both still on the team too!
  • chapelz%s's Photo
    Ed isnt going anywhere unless iris or posix wants to talk trade :)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading